The Student Room Group

WHY ON EARTH do you aim so high in your studies?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
You study hard for a fantastic career. I personally study hard for social respect too since I have been very active socially for years. You do not study for your parents or relatives or any other thing but for YOURSELF !! People can take away your money, your job position and stuff when you die but none can take away the stuff in your head.

Study to earn good money laterz and earn a better life than the one you wouldve had without studying hard.

All the Best and Study Hard !
Reply 81
I don't work hard for the career prospects, money, opportunities or anything like that. I work hard because I like to do so. I like to feel proud of myself when I have achieved my best and in general I love learning and applying what I've learnt in my work. Yeah, I'm just a geek I guess :P
But that is why I work hard
Reply 82
someone who aims at nothing is sure going to hit nothing
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss it you will land among the stars.

Some quote I saw once.
Reply 84
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Shoot for the moon, even if you miss it you will land among the stars.

Some quote I saw once.

But if you shoot for the gutter, you will hit the target every time.
Because every other aspect of my life is ****. :biggrin:

Original post by Jake22
But if you shoot for the gutter, you will hit the target every time.
My observations around Manchester of a Friday night go some way to proving that that's not necessarily the case. :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)
My ego doesn't allow me to be worse than others.
this thread is very motivative for me reading everyone's comments shows me that i should study harder, stop playing games and in the end, have no regrets. :smile:
Yes, I certainly wished I read more of TSR in my GCSE years. At least Im pulling up now lol.
Reply 89
I hate having people being disappointed/angry/i'm not fulfilling their expectations with me (makes me feel reealy guilty) so worked really hard at school which led to high target grades and then of course teachers expected those so had to fulfil those.

My that was along sentence with no punctuation.

I may need to work on the guilt thing. I don't think its healthy.
Reply 90
Original post by lukas1051
I guess it's because I have high ambitions. I've never had much money, my parents have never had good jobs, I've never had any once in a lifetime experiences, I've never been to another country (other than one school trip to France), I've never eaten at a fancy restaurant... I've just never been particularly fortunate in life. I guess the reason I aim high is because I want to experience everything I never had the chance to. I desperately want to travel the world, I want to see it through my eyes not merely on a screen. I want a nice house, I want a respectable amount of money, I want to shop at Waitrose... I just don't want to turn out like my parents, unemployed, miserable and poor.

That's sad and beautiful at the same time, dude ..

Good luck! *thumbs up*
Reply 91
Original post by Student23
Hello all;

I've seen some people who are VERY motivated and commited to a high standard in their university studies..

Could you please share with us the reasons why you aim high in your studies?

Personal reasons? social aspects? employability prospects?

I need some 'motivation' to aim for a first class degree...

Cheers! :smile:

Personal achievement, employability, desire for academic success, interest in degree, financial investment and desire to get a good return. These are my reasons for trying hard, I didn't get a first class degree though, but a 2-1.
Insecurity.
Reply 93
I aim so high sometimes that I don't even understand what's going on. Let alone when I'm aiming so low.
Reply 94
I am so high because I know that my grades will be with me till i enter my grave...
Pain, hardship and difficulty is only temporary.
Reply 95
Because until you push yourself too far, you don't know how far you can go :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by Student23
Hello all;

I've seen some people who are VERY motivated and commited to a high standard in their university studies..

Could you please share with us the reasons why you aim high in your studies?

Personal reasons? social aspects? employability prospects?

I need some 'motivation' to aim for a first class degree...

Cheers! :smile:

For a couple of reasons; first and foremost it's to increase my employment prospects, I know I'm going into a desirable career and will do anything to give myself the edge over other candidates. Also, achieving in my studies makes me feel better about myself, especially when I can see the reaction from my mother. :smile:
I have to do my best in everything I do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending