The Student Room Group

'Jesus was a Palestinian'

I never knew, I thought Jesus was Jewish?!

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=22509

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can of worms
Reply 2
this explains a lot :teehee:

Spoiler

Not even close..
Reply 5
Don't be silly, Palestine doesnt' exist.
Reply 6
All good men are Palestinians. Israel: the current oppressive apartheid regime that the world is still reluctant to tackle. One day, by the grace of Jesus, Palestine will be free.
He would probably support the Palestinians.
Essentially,the ancient historians of the era make little distinction between Syrian and Palestinian; even Herodotus writing in the 5th century B.C. generally describes the area currently under zionist occupation as "Syria-Palestine". The impression is gained that the general population was predominately Syrian/Palestinian. The jews had been ingathered by John Hyrcanus in the 2nd century and resided exclusively in Judea and Samaria. Since the term "Jew" simply is an abbreviation for "Judean" - a resident of Judea - then Jesus could not have been a jew,since he was from Galilee,which in Aramaic means "Land of the Goyim". The ethnic makeup of Galilee in his time was about 90% Syriac with a smattering of Greeks. The Christian texts were bowdlerized by Saul/Paul in an effort to annex Christianity to Judaism,in other words abort it as an original faith and make it over into a mere variant of Judaism. He failed obviously but did succeed in polluting it's teachings with Judaism

Source yahoo
Reply 9
Original post by LonelyCenturion
He would probably support the Palestinians.

Id imagine Jesus would be neutral and just want peace
Original post by Aj12

As neutral as he was with the money-lenders.
Reply 11
Original post by Aj12

I trust that if you truly understood the conflict, you would see (I hope) that being neutral means supporting Palestinian rights in their own land.

Being 'neutral' to ethnic cleansing and apartheid doesn't sound very 'Jesus' to me.

Invictus_88
As neutral as he was with the money-lenders.

Good point. There is a foundationary Biblical principle of justice (nowadays often ignored by pacifists and the like who take "carry the occupying army troop's pack two kilometers" totally wrongly) and I do not think the precedents which the scriptures tell us about Jesus taking a stand to oppression and injustice is far from a rather certain conclusion that it is truly Christian to stand up for those in need against the hands of oppressors.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Jesus is going to come and rid of the Anti-Christ, then there will be peace for many years. I've heard this that it would be so peaceful that a girl would be chasing a lion and there will no poverty. That means no slums and no ghettos.
Reply 13
Original post by Bobifier
Don't be silly, Palestine doesnt' exist.

:rolleyes:

Oh dear ...
Jah/
Reply 15
Original post by DJkG.1
All good men are Palestinians. .

:rofl:
Reply 16
That area was called Palestine back then, regardless of what was the main religion or language in use there at the time. So yes, Jesus would be considered a Palestinian. In fact in most history books, the land is referred to as Palestine, and when you read about the Roman-Jewish relations the historians still write that the Romans colonized Palestine. This is because Palestine is the historical name of that piece of land. Just because Jews today prefer to call themselves Israeli doesn't change the fact that the land over there was called Palestine.
Original post by Lovely88

Jesus wasn't real!

Nice pic. hearts:smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Lovely88

Jesus was British.
what is a palestine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending