The Student Room Group

The North-West, living there

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I am also looking for info on Southport and Chester, plus the towns that aren't L'pool and Manchester, Blackburn Ormskirk Wigan etc etc . And what are the people like regards openess and education, in comparison not to the posh of the south but the less posh?
Original post by Fragile_Illusions
Bad accents.
Massive north - south financial divide
Hard to find jobs... unless you want to work in one of the many pie shops.

Talk about pies and prejudice. :angry:
Original post by Chillaxer
I am also looking for info on Southport and Chester, plus the towns that aren't L'pool and Manchester, Blackburn Ormskirk Wigan etc etc . And what are the people like regards openess and education, in comparison not to the posh of the south but the less posh?

Chester's not bad. It's got decent shops, quaint old buildings and a museum with a statue of a Roman soldier taking a dump. :awesome:
Reply 83
Original post by Addzter
Chester's not bad. It's got decent shops, quaint old buildings and a museum with a statue of a Roman soldier taking a dump. :awesome:

Pffft. Which town doesn't have one of those. We've got three.

Spoiler

Original post by Liam_G
Pffft. Which town doesn't have one of those. We've got three.

Spoiler

Honestly, it has to be seen to be believed. :ahee:
Reply 85
What about crime and safety, housing affordability etc? And the peak district(yes, know may not tehnically be North-West)
Original post by Liam_G
You claim to live in Manchesta but you have the audacity to disrespect Pie shops :curious:

Why do you hold a grudge against pie's?

They're so tasty :cry2:

I do, but I moved from Reading when I was 14.
I wasn't disrespecting them. merely stating that there's a lot.
Yorkshire > Lancashire
Reply 88
Original post by 90pies an hour
Yorkshire > Lancashire

Well, it is about 5 times the size.
I'm at the University of Manchester,but I'm from down South, and by FAR the best thing about the North West is the abundance of South vs North banter. love it.

Also, I swear down that there are far more Southerners than Northerners around the University. I was quite looking forward to returning with a Manchester twang, instead I've come back more of a posh **** :wink:
Reply 90
Original post by 90pies an hour
Yorkshire > Lancashire

**** off, you inbred ****.
Original post by Laertes
**** off, you inbred ****.

This. Agreed.

What has Yorkshire got? This is a genuine question. Their largest city is Leeds, a dump of a village in a middle of a roundabout. Lancashire has Bolton. Manchester and Liverpool are in a different league, in fact, are world cities (minor).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 92
I would never in a million, billion live in the NW. Horrible, horrible people, rubbish weather, their cities are dumps and the general smell of desperation is something that's unavoidable.
Reply 93
Much like most places, some of it is very nice. Some of it is very grim.

It's really not that cold here though, At least in coastal-ish areas.
And it hardly ever snows (seriously)
Reply 94
Original post by Chillaxer

I'm from chester so I ought to be well informed on the city.

Culturally it's a blend of flogging tourists for everything they have, and trying to copy liverpool.
The city is mostly a very nice and upmarket kind of place, with a few notable exceptions (much like everywhere tbh)

Eductaion in chester is generally pretty good, there's a few large state secondary schools and a few exclusive private schools. There's a nice rivalry between some of the schools too :smile:
The university isn't brilliant on the whole though, but the nightlife is probably pretty good - the pub/bar density in the city center is pretty high. And some of them are very cheap (£1.50 a pint on weekdays, anyone?)
Chester isn't that posh. There are posh and rich people, but the majority of cestrians are just normal people.
Reply 95
NorthWest is the place to be. A whole lot cheaper than the south. Great fun. Preston being the best :smile:

Not that i'm biased or anything
Original post by no-fat-chicks
Ignorance at its best.

lol @ me getting neg rep for repeating a line from a film.

:rolleyes:
Original post by EsStupido
I would never in a million, billion live in the NW. Horrible, horrible people, rubbish weather, their cities are dumps and the general smell of desperation is something that's unavoidable.

Would you kindly suck my Northern penis, son?
Reply 98
Original post by Addzter
Would you kindly suck my Northern penis, son?

Given the cold weather up there would I be able to see it? I'd have thought it would have shrivelled up?

Either way I'm sure you can get the microscope and tweezers out.
Reply 99
I love Manchester :smile: Such a nice city and lots of nice people!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending