The Student Room Group

3 Unpaid leave notices given 6 weeks no reply - Tesco

Hey,
I'm 17 have been working for tesco for nearly 1 year. Well oaken given 3 unpaid leave notices to book 6 weeks off in the summer holidays because I'm going on holiday. And finally got a reply in 6 weeks. My manager said I have to wait another 2 weeks for her reply. I was wondering is there in Amy rule that she now has to give me the holidays as it's been too long??
Reply 1
6 weeks? I don't even imagine most professional graduate jobs would let you take that much time off. . _________ .
Reply 2
Yes a nice long holiday with family, treking in the himalayas then Dubai...
If the holiday with you family is already booked then if the manager says you cant have the time off then you can always just say you cant work then because its booked and not go in those weeks.
Reply 4
Hi, I work for Tesco! If the manager has not given you a definite answer within 4 weeks of making the request, then the holiday is automatically yours. Tesco policy... they do not normally tell people!
Reply 5
tesco policy is that if you dont get an answer within one week of making the request its yours (not four weeks)

as the op said they dont tell people. i used this card on my manager once, they didnt reply after two weeks and when i asked him he said no, (many people took these dates off so there was no chance of me getting it) the look on his face when i 'reminded' him about it :wink:

i got the holidays of course! he was well pissed off ;L
Reply 6
you do know this thread is OVER A YEAR OLD?!
Reply 7
Original post by thatg

Sorry mate!!

i'll be sure to check the age of threads with new replies in them before posting :rolleyes:

what exact guidelines do you personally recommended when replying is not allowed? is 21 days to much? or maybe 4 weeks.. two months? are these calendar months btw? :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Cicerao
6 weeks? I don't even imagine most professional graduate jobs would let you take that much time off. . _________ .

you get like 28 days off a year but hes probly only in part time 2 or 3 days a week
Original post by thatg

Post that bumped it didnt even add much of anything. Very baffling.
Where did you find this policy?
Original post by lewisoc123
Where did you find this policy?

This thread is very old. Please start a new one with your query.

Latest

Trending

Trending