The Student Room Group

Lower Entry Requirements in 2012 because of tution fees?

Anyone reckon university's may slightly lower their grade requirements as tuition fees rise including in Medicine/Dentistry?
no
Reply 2
lol
Reply 3
Absolutely no, dentistry courses are always in high demand and there are only a few universities that offer them, hence if you cannot afford it somebody else will. Therefore there is no reason for them to lower their entry standards. They will be risking people's lives if they do, it is a medical profession not Arts (no disrespect to arts students).
no, infact most are actually going up....however there may be slightly less competition...that is all
Reply 5
Dream on bbz xo
Reply 6
No they'll still all have more than enough applicants. Especially for things like medicine, where people go to university because they're serious about becoming a doctor. Maybe it's more possible for media studies and stuff, where pepople go more because they can, rather than because they need to for their chosen field.
Reply 7
Can never rule anything out. However, it is highly unlikely.
I should bloody hope not.
Reply 9
Original post by infernalcradle
no, infact most are actually going up....however there may be slightly less competition...that is all

Fingers crossed!
Reply 10
Probably there will be less competition because it's a five year course :smile:, however, i don't they'll lower the grade requirments :frown:
Reply 11
I doubt it. If anything then they will probably go up. If someone is determined to go to university then they wouldn't care about the fees.
no the complete opposite, the entry requirements will steadily increase as dentistry is oversubscribed, but there might be less competition as tuition fees increases as more people cant afford them

Quick Reply

Latest