The Student Room Group

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steevee
Have you seen Miss England? Or Miss France? And so on, every country has a few beautiful people. But I'm talking in general, and in general I think British Girls are quite attractive. Persians are the only people I would say are equally or more attractive from that region, everywhere else around has a bad feature common among their people.

Miss England was an Afghan. What does that say? lol
Reply 261
Original post by MrGuillotine
Miss England was an Afghan. What does that say? lol

Which one, there's been lots and most of them are ethnically British :rolleyes:
Haha, my 'foul attitude' haha, so much irony. Did I hit a nerve because you know you spend way too much time obsessing over these 'ugly overweight squat women' that are around every corner in Britain? It's kinda weird actually. Move abroad or something, we'd all thank you :wink:
Reply 263
Original post by lonelykatana
I dont even think you know which girl I was talking about, do you...?

no, I assumed you were talking about the one in the green top. I have no objections to girls doing it, coz if they r hot then I enjoy it, if they arnt then I just dont look, simples.
Original post by lovely_me
This thread has Mazty and Jimbo - it's now complete. :adore: :adore:

Yay it's Mazbo :biggrin:
A widespread belief is NOT a fact, especially when the opinion is mostly based on a stereotype, i.e. brits ALL have bad dental hygiene.
Actually a think British men on the whole are pretty hot, particularly if they're in Australia on a working holiday or something, because then they're usually tanned and built.
Original post by spazman21
This is so true... If you go to some other countries, you'll certainly see a difference.

Brazil, Eastern Europe, Italy etc.

Also, the British tend to dress really badly.

Edit: I just found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-J9ZpQYW8s

HAHAAHA

(it is a little bit exaggearate, but, for the most part is accurate.)

Say you want about British looks at least we have a sense of humour. :smile:
Original post by StressReliever
A widespread belief is NOT a fact, especially when the opinion is mostly based on a stereotype, i.e. brits ALL have bad dental hygiene.

I for one have incredible dental hygiene, they still look like chicken nuggets. :frown:
Aww, fanks :biggrin:

God, I can't wait for that day, do you think you could also stop posting on here? Your posts are not only ridiculous but hideously repetitive "lol hedonism lol fat people lol depressed fat people lol look at this one paper that sort of but doesn't really support my point but i'll keep posting it anyway :redface: " <- basically the summary of any one of your posts.
Reply 270
Original post by amizzle91
Aww, fanks :biggrin:

God, I can't wait for that day, do you think you could also stop posting on here? Your posts are not only ridiculous but hideously repetitive "lol hedonism lol fat people lol depressed fat people lol look at this one paper that sort of but doesn't really support my point but i'll keep posting it anyway :redface: " <- basically the summary of any one of your posts.

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

Shame.

To be honest, I wouldn't think Brits would care if foreigners they haven't met think we're ugly tbh.

We're known to have that 'up yours' attitude after all. :biggrin: :tongue:
Original post by Liam 09
I'm not

You're funny
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
:facepalm2:

Please tell me this isn't how you actually think that genetics works. Please.

How do you think that variation arose between and within individual populations that migrated to the UK? (or anywhere else) Mutation. It didn't suddenly stop happening once those populations migrated to the UK. Lots of migration + long period of time since migration + mutation = substantial variation!

Tell you what, I'll buy you a biology textbook for Christmas next year! You obviously need it.

Just been reading through the thread, and on your point of genetic diversity-even though there's been lots of waves of immigration to these islands (Anglo Saxons, Romans etc) i've read that this was more of a cultural take over, rather than a genetic one-apparently most English people have a large majority of their genes from the first settlers so maybe there's a point in the argument that we're considered ugly due to the fact that there's not much genetic diversity compared to other European countries??

(I've got a foreign grandparent though so i'm exempt lol)

Tbh, though i think it's a bit of a myth that Brits are inherently bad looking. From my own perspective i'd say that diet is a BIG factor in us being considered bad looking. If more of the country were of a healthy weight then i'd say our attractiveness ratings would go up overnight. I think Eastern European women can be stunning, but tbh a lot of Polish girls i see are no better looking facially than the average British woman but because they're of a healthy weight they look better (both facially because it means you can actually see their jaw line lol and obv figure wise.) (same goes for men.)
Original post by No Man
Well, history books don't compare to living & visiting the southern states, sorry.
You're basing all of your assumptions on California, Southern Florida and New York. They are nothing like the real America.
You'd be ignorant if you thought the real America had higher racial diversity then the UK too.If you went there you'd know what I'm talking about.

Lol you obviously haven't been to the 'real' britain (i.e. not London or birmingham) if you think that the UK has more racial diversity than the USA. Approx 90% of people in the UK were White British at the last census. Do you honestly think that 9 out of 10 Americans are White?
Haha, where did I say that the truth sucks in this thread? I just pointed out the sheer repetitive nature of your posts and the threads you post in :smile: Sorry if it's too close to home for you, the fact that you are inherently so sad that you devote all this time into crying over these evil fat people and how they evidently ruin your life :smile: Bless.

Haha, I might be alone at 35 but at least I won't be like you, probably still ranting on message boards about those 'pesky fat people and how you're obviously so much better than them' in a painfully obvious attempt at raising your self worth :rofl:
Woo, calm down dear, I really did hit a nerve didn't I? Haha.

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'LL BE SUCCESSFUL AND I NEED TO POINT THIS OUT BECAUSE I NEED EVERYONE TO SEE THAT I AM AWESOME!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 276
Original post by Paint-a-Picture
You're funny

Why thank you
Reply 277
Original post by summershine
Lol you obviously haven't been to the 'real' britain (i.e. not London or birmingham) if you think that the UK has more racial diversity than the USA. Approx 90% of people in the UK were White British at the last census. Do you honestly think that 9 out of 10 Americans are White?

74% of people in the USA are white, but either way they have a bigger obesity problem. Either way, I can't be bothered arguing about things that don't matter and are wrong. Not all British people have bad teeth, shaved heads and beer bellies, and if that's what you believe then fine. No one cares.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 278
Original post by No Man
You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

Shame.

To be honest, I wouldn't think Brits would care if foreigners they haven't met think we're ugly tbh.

We're known to have that 'up yours' attitude after all. :biggrin: :tongue:

yes, and that's what is damaging.
Original post by minimalme
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...eople.com.html

is it due to years of inbreeding? or bad diet?

they're consistently being rated the ugliest people in the world

What standard is being used to define attractiveness? The article is no longer available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending