The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography or radiotherapy applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by razzmatazz rach

Interview for Cumbria on the 9th of Feb :biggrin:

Congratulations :biggrin: Good luck! x
Original post by amani-puresapphire
No, im currently doing A2's. I was moved 2 years up in primary school. I wanted to apply this year so that during my gap year, I wouldn't have to worry about the whole application process. If things dont work out this year, I'll also have the chance of applying again next year but fingers crossed it doesn't come to that :p:

Yes sounds like a good plan. I'm sure you'll get something organised.
Has anyone heard anything back from Exeter, offer wise after interview?
Original post by AmeliaLily (:
Has anyone heard anything back from Exeter, offer wise after interview?

Nope, I read on another thread that they aren't making any offers till the N.Y! Seems a long time to wait!!!
Original post by kirstylouise79

Nope, I read on another thread that they aren't making any offers till the N.Y! Seems a long time to wait!!!

Ahhh :frown: I hate having to wait. :frown:
Original post by lollypops1
I know haha i was expecting an "exercise" like it said but everyone has the oppertunity to speak at the beginning, then different questions are asked and you have to try and speak first to make sure your point isnt taken!

Yes my offer is conditional on 260 points :smile:

Wow, well done on the offer, you must have showed them! :biggrin:

Do you know whether every one there already done their relavent work experience? Did you? I've only managed to book one for after the interview :frown:
Will this give me a huge disadvantage?
Original post by karimbilal
Wow, well done on the offer, you must have showed them! :biggrin:

Do you know whether every one there already done their relavent work experience? Did you? I've only managed to book one for after the interview :frown:
Will this give me a huge disadvantage?

Thankyou :smile:

In the group i was in everyone had done work experience, i did too.
Well in the interview i was asked about my work experience and you do need to know the different stages of Radiotherapy but im sure if they know your actually going to do some work experience before the course then they will probably be okay about it.
You could try contacting them, explaining your situation?
Merry crimbo eveyone. May the new year all bring us good news!:biggrin:

Right back at you! x

Yes thanks Kirsty you too - I can't wait for xmas now. I'm really looking forward to it! Got the Baileys and mince pies on standby haha. Hopefully 2011 will start off with some good news for everybody xx
Reply 690
Merry Christmas lovelies :smile: Hopefully all our dreams will come true for 2011(or 12 for you deferrers :wink:) and have a wonderful time with friends and family.
Interview for Derby on the 16th of Feb :biggrin:

Well done!

Good luck for that :smile:

Have you heard anything from Cardiff or of anyone who has recieved interviews?

Congrats :smile: have you been there previously or will it be your first time? Looks like you're going to have a busy few weeks with interviews
Original post by dreaminchicken
Congrats :smile: have you been there previously or will it be your first time? Looks like you're going to have a busy few weeks with interviews

Nope. I had an interview with them last year but it clashed with another and I decided I would prefer to go to the other one so I didn't go to Derby in the end.

Yeah the 2 interviews are exactly a week apart. The derby one is in half term which works out well because I can travel down the day before and stay in a hotel. They want me there are about 9am and it is 2 and a half hours on the train so it works out better this way and I don't have to miss college.
My Cumbria one is on the Wednesday before but I only have 1 hour lesson so I am not missing much there.

I am quite happy with these two so far. I am expecting rejections from Liverpool and Cardiff and so far my predictions for Cumbria and Derby were right :smile:

I am quite happy to get all of these interviews out of the way early on in the year. Last year they were all in April/May.
Nope. I had an interview with them last year but it clashed with another and I decided I would prefer to go to the other one so I didn't go to Derby in the end.

Yeah the 2 interviews are exactly a week apart. The derby one is in half term which works out well because I can travel down the day before and stay in a hotel. They want me there are about 9am and it is 2 and a half hours on the train so it works out better this way and I don't have to miss college.
My Cumbria one is on the Wednesday before but I only have 1 hour lesson so I am not missing much there.

I am quite happy with these two so far. I am expecting rejections from Liverpool and Cardiff and so far my predictions for Cumbria and Derby were right :smile:

I am quite happy to get all of these interviews out of the way early on in the year. Last year they were all in April/May.

I bet - April/May is very late to still be wondering if you will be offered a place somewhere. Good luck with the interviews and who knows, Cardiff & Liverpool may surprise you!
Reply 696
hi everyone, Merry xmas first
I have applied to
St George's (I know they not going to take me waiting for merical to happen:tongue:)
Hertfordshire?
UWE
Canterbury Christ Church (they want approve of clinic placement by 16 Jan)
Birmingham City University (nothing 4rm them)

they all sent promise to process my application as soon as they back 4rm the holiday

belive it or not I didnt get UCAS letter and I cant log into track:mad:!!
Original post by israa

Original post by israa
hi everyone, Merry xmas first
I have applied to
St George's (I know they not going to take me waiting for merical to happen:tongue:)
Hertfordshire?
UWE
Canterbury Christ Church (they want approve of clinic placement by 16 Jan)
Birmingham City University (nothing 4rm them)

they all sent promise to process my application as soon as they back 4rm the holiday

belive it or not I didnt get UCAS letter and I cant log into track:mad:!!

Hey Israa :smile:

Welcome to tsr, I see you're a new member :biggrin:

Why do you think St Georges wont take you? Now Im worried :O
We've applied to three of the same places, I've appled to:

St Georges
Hertfordshire
UWE
Cardiff
Portsmouth

I got a rejection from Portsmouth and have an interview at UWE.

How long has it been since your application was sent? It sometimes takes time for the UCAS letter to reach you :smile: I think you can log into track using your ID from apply as well as the same username and password :smile: It sometimes does change however.

Good luck on your application! At least we dont have to worry about any shocking news until the 4th :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 698
thanx Amani

well am a mature student (early 20) I have done an access course and am having a gap year. I belive I got really good great, I have acheived double of the entry requirement for an access course but I had three passes at level 3 ( only one of them was compulsory unit). which is not accepteble at St gorges.

any was I dont think its hard for you to get into it ( I have gone through the interview last year and had placement but my grade had turn me down)

last year UWE invited me for the interview but I didnt went.
I sent my application beginning of Dec, no imy loging details are not working on track!!

Good luck too, hope to hear good news by the new year.
Reply 699
Hi :smile:
Has anyone applied at UCS?

Quick Reply

Latest