The Student Room Group

Screen addiction.

Hey there I think I have a problem. I watch/use my Tv/computer/iPhone for about 6-8 hours a day (well in the holidays anyway). Without a screen in front of me I feel slightly uneasy. Help me Tsr!
Reply 1
Wow, never heard of that before, I suppose screens as such have become a big part of our life and everyone probably spends a similar amount of time infront of screens, they are hard to avoid! However go out, get some fresh air, play cards...football, go to the pub, have a drink...tbh after how much we have to use screens in daily life..i cant wait to get away from it all!
Reply 2

Go on a holiday away from all the technology.

Somewhere with a bit of sun, spain or italy?

Remember to bring sun screen.
Reply 3
Go on a screen detox for a few days.
Reply 4
I don't go anywhere without a laptop/smartphone. I know the feeling.

Haven't really found a solution I'm afraid OP! I just get on with it, even at clubs I have to go stare at my phone in the toilets or when I have a smoke to feel "connected".
Reply 5
Original post by Yawn11
Remember to bring sun screen.
:awesome:

wutyoudidthar...
Reply 6
Original post by NS17
I don't go anywhere without a laptop/smartphone. I know the feeling.

Haven't really found a solution I'm afraid OP! I just get on with it, even at clubs I have to go stare at my phone in the toilets or when I have a smoke to feel "connected".

Same here....... always have me laptop, iPhone and Blackberry. I can't tolerate being without it.

Oh yeah I feel uncomfortable if either of my phones do not make any noises every 20-30 mins.
Reply 7

anyone?

Original post by a_t

anyone?

hahahaha hilarious!
Reply 9
Stop using it for a couple of days, let yourself feel uneasy, surely it'll wear it. Threaten yourself to stab yourself in the eye if you look at one again lol.
Have a couple of days away from all of it.

Then try and use it more moderately. For instance, use it for one hour at a time at the most, and then have a break from it to do something else, like read a chapter of a book.
Reply 11
6-8 hours? Weak.

23+ or bust.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending