The Student Room Group

anybody else have a weird sleeping pattern?

Scroll to see replies

My sleep pattern has changed completely since departing uni earlier this month and believe me that uni has certainly affected my sleeping pattern for the worst. Most days generally I go to bed around 4AM, and if feeling less tired even make it to 5AM, which for me personally isnt the best decision provided I have to wake up most days around 10 AM. At least the exams are out of the way, but so far despite the late nights, Im enjoying it, and hope to continue this until the holidays run out and its time back for work
It's almost 3am and I have work at 8:30.
So yeah. A bit weird (i.e lacking)
Yeah I sleep at 6am, and wake at 1,2pm. Even if I go to bed at 1, I'll still probably wake up at 1-2pm anyway, so I might as well sleep at 6.
um... YES.
I go to bed at 2-4. Sometimes 5 am.
I generally wake up between 9-11am. I have trouble sleeping in.

Breaks are a killerrrr. Story of my life.
Yes and it makes getting things done quite difficult. If I stay up til 4ish and get up at 1 I do very little work because I usually stop after dinner but I always seem to convince myself that it's more efficient. Eugh. I agree that I tend to eat less though as I miss breakfast (and even lunch sometimes!) so have a small lunch (feels like breakfast) then dinner. I've been like this since sixth form and through uni and I think it's the lack of routine that does it. Seriously can't wait to graduate and sort it out, I do feel like I'm missing out (but this isn't enough for me to sort it out :rolleyes:) and it's such a waste of time. As it stands I am planning on getting dressed in a minute and not sleeping til tonight, this will help for a while but I'll soon go back to normal. Ridiculous really! :redface:
Reply 25
yup- go to bed at 3 am get up from 9-11 then back to bed until 6pm then wake from 6pm until 3 am

the waking in between is the weirdest part :confused:
Reply 26
Still up at 07:24, it was ****ed after Freshers and has been ever since.
Reply 27
If I have work the next day I usually go to sleep around midnight and sleep through till ten in the morning but last night I got up at 3:50 am for some reason!
On weekdays usually sleep 3am-7am, and then a few hours in the afternoon
Reply 29
Go to sleep at 2-3am

wake up 6-8am
Yes.
Go to bed at 2-3 am, wake up at 5:30 am to go to work until 3 pm.
Come back home and take a nap for at least 2 hours.
Been doing that for a long time already.
It all started when i moved out last 2009 and now i find it hard to go back to my old routine.
Reply 31
Original post by Nick Longjohnson

On weekdays usually sleep 3am-7am, and then a few hours in the afternoon

:lolwut: Mine is identical!

:hubba:
That's not weird, loads of people do that CRAZY RANDOM sleeping pattern.
Reply 33
Sleep 3pm and wake up midnight every day for over a week now :biggrin: I love it :yep:
This thread doesn't have many wierd sleep patterns in it. It's mostly just people showing off how late they stay up and wake up. Boring.
Original post by shygirl92
:lolwut: Mine is identical!

:hubba:

:ahee:

:colone:

:colondollar:

:colonhash:
Reply 36

:ahee:

:colone:

:colondollar:

:colonhash:

Bro, it's iph. I thought you'd work that out from my sig :p:

I want to try a cigar one day :colondollar:
4am to 12pm is my natural sleeping pattern, I swear. It gets gradually later and later but then it stops there. Like I don't generally end up staying up to 5, 6, or later. Always 4 - 12.
When I'm at Uni I don't bother trying to fight it.
Reply 38
During holidays, my schedule gets the same too.
I sleep at 3 or 4 and wake up at 11 or 1. I dont feel like anything and hardly consume food. But I guess this schedule is working well for me since I have my exams round the corner. I have no hindrances in my study schedule .. so its fine !

You tend to go lazy during holidays...Chillax ! You will get back in routine when your school/college/university starts off. You might find it hard the first few days but you'll get it right after 2-3 days.
No. I go to sleep between 10.30 and 11.30pm every night and get up between 7 and 7.30am every morning. Weekdays, weekends, workdays, holidays, doesn't matter. Not because I have to, but because I choose to. Which renders me as more disciplined, and therefore a better person than you lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending