The Student Room Group

no appetite, rapid weight loss??

hi, i was ill in the summer with a kidney infection and lost a stone (as in weight) in a week, since then ive been trying to put it back on, but i find it hard to put weight on even though i eat lots.

ive been 8 stone for a few years, im 5ft 1in so its a healthy weight for my height, even when i eat lots i dont seem to put on weight. i've never had an eating disorder or anything, and im not obsessive about how much i weigh but i hate losing weight. i'd just got my weight back up to just under 8 stone and i need it to be 8 stone as i give blood and cant if im lighter.

its christmas and ive lost weight? normarly i shoud be eating loads but im not. ive lost my appetite - but am still eating a normal amount of food. but im losing weight? ive lost harf a stone in about 2/3 days. is this normal? im really tired alot aswell?

anyone got any ideas? thanks
Reply 1
You aren't just eating junk food I hope?
Reply 2
Have you had any other symptoms? Extreme thirst? Going to the toilet a lot? If so, there may be a possibility of diabetes.
Reply 3
if you wanna put on weight

Gallon Of Milk A Day
Reply 4
phew thank god you clarified that the stone was in weight

my advice, GP
Reply 5
Original post by Teaddict
You aren't just eating junk food I hope?

no, i eat healthily.
Reply 6
Original post by Sly Racoon
phew thank god you clarified that the stone was in weight

my advice, GP

well people on here think they are so funny, i knew someone would have made a comment about it if i didn't clarify.
Reply 7
That is a lot of weight loss. If it goes on, see your GP. Tapeworms spring to mind, but it's unlikely.

Drink full-fat milk instead of water.Eat snacks every now and then.
Reply 8
Original post by 08batee
Have you had any other symptoms? Extreme thirst? Going to the toilet a lot? If so, there may be a possibility of diabetes.

no, i dont think so... i've had tests for diabetes in the past and never had a problem with it.
i was iill a few weeks ago, really bad cold then tummy bug, but im over it and i didnt have these problems when i was ill. :/
Reply 9
Original post by superman!
no, i dont think so... i've had tests for diabetes in the past and never had a problem with it.
i was iill a few weeks ago, really bad cold then tummy bug, but im over it and i didnt have these problems when i was ill. :/

Hmmm, well you seem to have lost an awful lot of weight very quickly. I would definetely make an appointment with your doctor. Hope all is well :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by 08batee
Hmmm, well you seem to have lost an awful lot of weight very quickly. I would definetely make an appointment with your doctor. Hope all is well :smile:

thanks :smile: i love food so its wierd that i don't want to eat!! thank you :smile:
Reply 11
if in doubt, GP. much better than advice from a load of strangers.
Reply 12
Original post by laurie:)
if in doubt, GP. much better than advice from a load of strangers.

It's all a part of the lay referral system :tongue: But yes, best to go to the GP if you are worried about it - they won't mind! You might get some ensure which'll help you put on the weight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending