The Student Room Group

Does anybody have this method of revising?

This method has it's pros and cons. I revise like literally hours before the exam by pulling all nighters. I somehow revise things under pressure. And it works for me! I don't like it because its very very risky and my sleep patterns mess up.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did that once and surprisingly it worked. I had paid no attention whatsoever in lessons for the entire unit, then sat down the 2nd night before the exam and worked my ass off.

I got a very high A (AS Politics Module) and was pleased because I was prepared for a C.

Im planning on doing that for my Jan politics and history but i have a feeling it wont go down as well.
I have no motivation to have a consistent study pattern, not good eh?
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
I did that once and surprisingly it worked. I had paid no attention whatsoever in lessons for the entire unit, then sat down the 2nd night before the exam and worked my ass off.

I got a very high A (AS Politics Module) and was pleased because I was prepared for a C.

Im planning on doing that for my Jan politics and history but i have a feeling it wont go down as well.

I did this......I got an E.
Reply 4

How you gonna live on dole, my friend?
Reply 5

Yeah, I'm exactly the same, I'm so laid back in lessons it annoys people when I get good grades. :biggrin:.
Original post by Tempa
How you gonna live on dole, my friend?

Excuse me?
Original post by helpneeded-a
I did this......I got an E.

Despite that, well done on your offers :biggrin:
Enjoy doing that when you get to uni.

If you haven't done the reading, you can't do it all the night before an exam and then learn it too.
Despite that, well done on your offers :biggrin:

Awww, thank you!! :h:
Oh my god, my tsr is going all crazy and is flashingggggg!

they know... :colone:
Reply 11
If it works for you whatevs, I always think it's important to get a good night's sleep before the exam than try and revise and have like 2-3 hours sleep, and your brain not functioning enough so you can't even think properly. That's why I start a couple weeks beforehand.
Original post by SAK.A
This method has it's pros and cons. I revise like literally hours before the exam by pulling all nighters. I somehow revise things under pressure. And it works for me! I don't like it because its very very risky and my sleep patterns mess up.

Personally - change your ways. If your planning to carry this habit into uni, its gonna end very badly, i can assure you! i call it parrot learning and i doubt it your gonna benefit from it in the end.
Reply 13
I couldn't do that method. I need sleep before an exam, and lots of it! Otherwise I can't get my head around the easy questions, and can't make something up that sounds vaguely logical for the harder questions.
Reply 14
Original post by Peace0fM1nd
Personally - change your ways. If your planning to carry this habit into uni, its gonna end very badly, i can assure you! i call it parrot learning and i doubt it your gonna benefit from it in the end.

I know I've tried, but procrastination is a bitch.
they know... :colone:

How does TSR know? I dont understand

really? how?

Try doing that for chemistry... the horrors of chemistry >.<
Original post by DivinityofReason
Try doing that for chemistry... the horrors of chemistry >.<

Oh god dont remind me... I dropped chemistry :angry:
i did a revision timetable, started early, did almost every past paper i could find. Still came out with a crap B. Just not cut out for it.
Have you ever tried revising properly? Over a longer period of time? If not, then how would you know that your method was the best one for you? You'd be suprised at how much your grade would rise if you just tried a little harder. Plus, you'd be less stressed, so it'd be good for your overall health.
I could never do that, I get my highest grades when I have a long term understanding of something. My memory is pretty poor anyway so I can't rely on stuff I've crammed in hours before an exam.

If it works for you then fair enough, but I'm sure if you revised for much longer you would do even better!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending