The Student Room Group

Arab Women...

I hate to generalise BUT...

In my experience they give the dirtiest looks when they don't even know you! You walk past them in a mall they look you up and down, you walk into a wedding hall and they've got these sneers plastered all over their faces as well as make-up. I'm pretty certain this has NOTHING to do with colour because it's a whole variety of Arabs who I've seen do this and it's annoying not to mention quite rude. Anyone else had similar experiences? Do you think it's just a cultural thing to give a woman you don't know the daggers so to speak? :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Escriba

In my experience they give the dirtiest looks when they don't even know you! You walk past them in a mall they look you up and down, you walk into a wedding hall and they've got these sneers plastered all over their faces as well as make-up. I'm pretty certain this has NOTHING to do with colour because it's a whole variety of Arabs who I've seen do this and it's annoying not to mention quite rude. Anyone else had similar experiences? Do you think it's just a cultural thing to give a woman you don't know the daggers so to speak? :tongue:

Well, judging by your location, you're an Arab woman, so you tell me?
Original post by Escriba

Eh?
Yeah, I'm an absolute bitch to people I don't know.

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by No Man
Well, judging by your location, you're an Arab woman, so you tell me?

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to judge. I'm not Arab, not in the slightest. If I were it would be rather dumb of me to ask such a question.
Reply 5
Original post by Escriba

Tbh it has never happened to me :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Le Masquerador.
Eh?

White Arabs, black Arabs, Asian Arabs....
where are you from then?
Reply 8
Original post by Le Masquerador.
where are you from then?

England.
Reply 9
Never noticed, but the Arab guy that works in the grocery store down my road always screw-faces me for no reason :dontknow:
Reply 10
Stop wearing mini skirts and also get a top that at least covers most of your tits.
Reply 11
Original post by p+i+n+k
Tbh it has never happened to me :smile:
But then maybe that's because i don't wear the scarf

Somehow I don't think so. This is even without it on. Maybe Arabs are just more tolerant outside of SA. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Escriba
Somehow I don't think so. This is even without it on. Maybe Arabs are just more tolerant outside of SA. :smile:

Saudi Arabian arabs are generally some of the scummiest and ill mannered arabs, they are stuck up for no reason. There is an Iraqi saying which is perfect for them.

"Laa khilqa wa la akhlaaq"
"No looks and no manners"
I get this sometimes...I mostly assume it's because I look a bit arab but I don't dress in a way that they would consider to be 'modest'. :dontknow:
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Yeah, I'm an absolute bitch

Funny cos' it's true. :teehee:
Reply 15
Yeah those jew arabs are always giving me the evils.
Reply 16
Original post by maljebo
Saudi Arabian arabs are generally some of the scummiest and ill mannered arabs, they are stuck up for no reason. There is an Iraqi saying which is perfect for them.

"Laa khilqa wa la akhlaaq"
"No looks and no manners"

LOL! :rofl3: That is a bit harsh though! But for most of them I suppose its true!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by >Anna<
I get this sometimes...I mostly assume it's because I look a bit arab but I don't dress in a way that they would consider to be 'modest'. :dontknow:

I don't think many of them are too concerned about modesty to be honest. Some of the weddings I've been to...you just want to find them a street corner. :s-smilie:
Yah Arab women like you to be just like them and if you're not a lot of them give you daggers on first look (middle east in general isn't big on self-expression especially if you're quite different) but once you get to know them, like anyone, they're usually very nice, sweet and welcoming.

BTW, I'm not talking about ethnic Arabs who were not brought up/live in Arab countries. I'm only talking about people who were born, bred and still live in Arab countries, and obviously its a generalization but it's a true one.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Escriba
Didn't anyone ever tell you not to judge. I'm not Arab, not in the slightest. If I were it would be rather dumb of me to ask such a question.

Goddamnit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending