The Student Room Group

How do I invest £50 in stocks or shares?

Newbie, just heard of the idea.

Someone like to explain to me how to do it? Just £50 at the moment, could be £500 if I start to understand and make money.

Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. Transaction fees are £10 alone!
Not enough money to make a decent investment tbh.
Reply 3
Bad idea, the broker will make a much bigger profit than you.
Reply 4
Well could anyone suggest the best way to use £600 I have. I don't like it just sitting there in my bank not doing anything.
Reply 5
£50 isn't enough, there is no shallow end, only a deep end. Try and set aside some money for a while that you could lose without it being a problem.
Reply 6
Go and have a play on this

http://uk.fantasytrader.yahoo.net/

When you realise you cant make a profit with £100,000 of play money youll realise that you may as well just go down the pub with your £50.
1. Run into the London stock exchange with your £50 in hand
2. Shout "BUY BUY BUY!!"
3. ????
4. Profit?
Reply 8
I'm interested in learning how to do this too... can anyone succinctly explain the process?
Lmfao, you can't make any money with £500 nevermind £50
It would be much quicker to burn your money, or maybe give it to a homeless man.
Original post by ritchie888
1. Run into the London stock exchange with your £50 in hand
2. Shout "BUY BUY BUY!!"
3. ????
4. Profit?

I lol'ed.
Reply 12
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
Lmfao, you can't make any money with £500 nevermind £50

Lies.
Original post by Reems
Lies.

Prove me wrong kiddo.
Send it to me. I'll invest it in my business overseas and give you a twelvetybillion percent return in just 10 minutes!
Reply 15
Prove me wrong kiddo.

In the last 3 years i've seen a few multibaggers.

500 into 3000 is not a bad profit.
Original post by Reems
In the last 3 years i've seen a few multibaggers.

500 into 3000 is not a bad profit.

That's not you proving me wrong that's just a lot of noise, circumspect ambition.
Reply 17
use it to buy tickets for the Nigerian lottery
Reply 18
That's not you proving me wrong that's just a lot of noise, circumspect ambition.

You said that you can't make money from 500 quid. I think you'll find 2500 profit is making money
Original post by Cobrabite11
Newbie, just heard of the idea.

Someone like to explain to me how to do it? Just £50 at the moment, could be £500 if I start to understand and make money.

Thank you.

Not enough money. You would need to invest at least £1000 to make it worth your time. At least. One transfer fee alone would cost you £5-£10. Before you start you'd already be down up to 20% of your money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending