The Student Room Group

Does anybody have this method of revising?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helpneeded-a
I did this......I got an E.

Some of us are just... Better. It's okay. : )
Reply 21
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
Excuse me?

Just giving you motivation you fool.
Original post by Tempa
Just giving you motivation you fool.

Keep your day job, that was awful, you are providing false information by suggesting that people who do not do as well at A levels will end up on the dole and have no other outcomes.
(edited 13 years ago)
I fail horribly when I do this with coursework and exams :/
Original post by concubine
Some of us are just... Better. It's okay. : )

*Report user*
*Report user*

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo
Original post by concubine
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

You said i was incapable.
Well you typed it, implying it.
:mad:
HUG ME.
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
Oh god dont remind me... I dropped chemistry :angry:
i did a revision timetable, started early, did almost every past paper i could find. Still came out with a crap B. Just not cut out for it.

Just happen to have a half marked chemistry past paper which I painstakingly went through (my third one today).
Now i'm really worried.

Ah well, I intent to take all AS and A2 guess I will hope it wont turn out like it did for you :s-smilie:
Reply 28
To the people who revise early, how early do you revise? I haven't started yet and I have exams in January. The way people talk on TSR, you'd think that you need to be revising from November onwards to pass. I get too distracted, but I'm going to start revising tomorrow, that's enough time isn't it?
Original post by SAK.A
This method has it's pros and cons. I revise like literally hours before the exam by pulling all nighters. I somehow revise things under pressure. And it works for me! I don't like it because its very very risky and my sleep patterns mess up.

during my a levels it was exactly this, leaving it til last minute and revising all night

at uni it is still pretty much the same, i leave my assgnments tl last minute and pull all nighters

i have no motivation until the deadlines are right there and it is risky leaving it til last minute, its gonna be my new years resolution to not leave work til last minute :biggrin:
Original post by SAK.A
This method has it's pros and cons. I revise like literally hours before the exam by pulling all nighters. I somehow revise things under pressure. And it works for me! I don't like it because its very very risky and my sleep patterns mess up.

I'm the opposite! I like to revise for a monthish before exams and then a day or two before the exam I just relax no revision.

Do you do this for math based exams? Dont you get like calculation errors due to lack of practice?
Reply 31
Yeah Ive done a tamer version of this, at university.
Had Exams from the 26nd to the 3rd and then had a final exam on the 7th. Didn't revise for the one on the 7th till the 3rd. Then simply spent about 10h for the following days. Got a 72% :smile:
Reply 32
I did that during my June exams (AS). It worked quite well for every exam, bar one, but I had started revising previously, not just the night before :smile: Needless to say, I'm revising properly for my next exams as I don't want to run the risk of me falling asleep at 3am....
Reply 33
I did this......I got an E.

Yeah, same. I call it a lesson learned.
I usually just revised for exams properly and got good grades, but that's me
I basically cram everything in the night before and it just seems fresh in my mind, the earliest I study for anything is probably about 3 days before an exam, a terrible habit but I can't bring myself to study, I know I have a geography exam soon but because I'm confident I know I won't study till the night before

I don't recommend doing that though
I've done this twice. Pull an all-nighter (no sleep, having 1/2 hrs sleep is worse than none at all) for stats 2 and got an A despite knowing nothing the week before, did it 2 days later (hadn't recovered properly) for chemistry of materials, and got a D. Will only do this method as a LAST resort. Being prepared stops you feeling panicky and exhausted and awful.

wtf why was I negged for this?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Yes. But it's not the best way. You usually forget it all quite quickly. Doesn't realy work that well for me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Destroyviruses
I'm the opposite! I like to revise for a monthish before exams and then a day or two before the exam I just relax no revision.

Do you do this for math based exams? Dont you get like calculation errors due to lack of practice?

For math based exams I just write down all the methods memorise them and then try really really hard questions do a few past papers and drink some caffeine drink on the way to school and I'm ready. I usually start at like 9pm finish at about 7:00am watch T.V,shower have breakfast and I'm off to school.
Original post by racaha
To the people who revise early, how early do you revise? I haven't started yet and I have exams in January. The way people talk on TSR, you'd think that you need to be revising from November onwards to pass. I get too distracted, but I'm going to start revising tomorrow, that's enough time isn't it?

If you've got notes and understand then You just need enough time to do practice papers.

Quick Reply