The Student Room Group

Is a threesome a bad idea?

Well you know the old saying 'don't ask, don't get' well I asked for a threesome, and being prepared to claim it was a joke, but then I was shocked to find she's OK with it. At first I thought that's great! But now I've thought through it further I am wondering if it's a bad idea, and whether it might ruin the relationship, yet on the overhand this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to live out a fantasy, and as much as I love my girlfriend, I really want to experience other girls as-well. However I have also heard that threesomes aren't as great as they're cracked up to be, and I know my girlfriend isn't lesbian so it'd be like her watching her own bf have sex with her friend. I feel this would be taking advantage of a girl whose completely devoted to me even to the point of letting me do this, but call me immature, I just don't think I can be with just one girl sexually the rest of my life, and I'd never want to cheat on her so might this be my one chance?

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Go for it, when are you going to get another chance like that again. Just let her suggest the other girl.
That way you don't have to worry about her being jealous of the other girl.
Also, make sure you only do the more sensual things such as kissing with your girlfriend.
Sounds pretty good to be honest...a way of having some fun without being a total dick and ruining the relationship
Reply 3
Let's consider all the negatives before you make any (genital) rash decisions.
Reply 4
To the poster above, don't worry it'll be someone we both trust.
Reply 5
JUst don't do anything you wouldnt be prepared to do. She might ask for a return favour one day, and would you be willing to be in a male/male/female threesome?
Reply 6
Didn't read the full text. But any threesome, purely for sex sakes appears fun. However I'm sure if things start get serious between two people, things would start getting complicated. This is purely my humble opinion.
Reply 7
Are you sure that she's clear you want a Famale-Female-Male threesome ? If she' so eager... maybe she's misunderstood.
hell yes, you will probably never get an opportunity like this again go for it :biggrin: you lucky bastard
Reply 9
I think you also want to be sure that she's not just agreeing to this because she wants to make you happy. Deep down she may be uncomfortable with the idea, but for your sake repressing these thoughts for the time being.

From your original post, it certainly sounds like its something that would please you but not to the extent that you'd be willing to potentially jeopardise relationship for it.
Original post by Anonymous
Well you know the old saying 'don't ask, don't get' well I asked for a threesome, and being prepared to claim it was a joke, but then I was shocked to find she's OK with it. At first I thought that's great! But now I've thought through it further I am wondering if it's a bad idea, and whether it might ruin the relationship, yet on the overhand this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to live out a fantasy, and as much as I love my girlfriend, I really want to experience other girls as-well. However I have also heard that threesomes aren't as great as they're cracked up to be, and I know my girlfriend isn't lesbian so it'd be like her watching her own bf have sex with her friend. I feel this would be taking advantage of a girl whose completely devoted to me even to the point of letting me do this, but call me immature, I just don't think I can be with just one girl sexually the rest of my life, and I'd never want to cheat on her so might this be my one chance?

What do you think?

What I think is I was expecting some douvchey post by the usual trolls and actually found a rather intelligent and thought out post.

I've a few friends who have had threesomes, and the couples who did do so were generally a bit buggered by it.
You need to make sure she really is okay with it.
I wouldn't go with a girl yous know unless she has a friend she has already had some sort of experience with and would mind doing it. It could make things wierd.
If you get a stranger use protection.
Think about the emotional side of this. I personally couldn't see my boyfriend with another girl.
and be prepared for her to change her mind, it might be that she really thinks she's okay with it untill she see's the other girl and you....

Threesomes can really ruin peoples relationships so just really think about it.
Thank god you're not my partner
It will ruin your relationship. Casual sex or 'fun' isn't as good as it sounds when it involves someone you love/care about. It will hurt your relationship. Once she sees you with someone else, she might even enjoy it in that moment, but later on it will sink in and she'll have that deep seated feeling that you want someone else/she isn't enough for you.

Be careful what you wish for.
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Thank god you're not my partner

I swear all you do is complain about your partner anyways O_o
Reply 15
WOOOO BOYYY WHIP IT OUT!!!

You'd be crazy to let this opportunity pass, seriously!

Put it this way, you know how awesome sex with a girl can be right? Well sex wit two girls is TWICE the awesomeness. It's simple maths really, are YOU going to question maths? Maths doesn't lie :dry:

Everything is on a double scale basically, your erection will be twice as long, your heart will beat twice as fast, you will perspiration twice as much and your cum shot will travel twice as far. You will become [your name] version 2.0! How can you deny yourself that?

Now stop posting, and start ****ing!

It will ruin your relationship. Casual sex or 'fun' isn't as good as it sounds when it involves someone you love/care about. It will hurt your relationship. Once she sees you with someone else, she might even enjoy it in that moment, but later on it will sink in and she'll have that deep seated feeling that you want someone else/she isn't enough for you.

Be careful what you wish for.

You pretty much said everything that's on my mind.
I'll rep you if you're not anon
Reply 17
If you know the person you're doing it with and you already have a chilled relationship, let it happen. Don't plan it out. Maybe have some wine or something.

If theres 2 girls 1 guy, make sure you give attention to both. When ones your girlfriend, make sure she trusts you enough to do it. You may not want to actually penetrate the other girl, just out of respect, just do oral on her and let your girlfriend have the penetration.

If it's a devils threesome, don't let the other guy actually penetrate your girlfriend, let him do oral. And try not to lose your wood if she gives him head, lol. My ex got pretty turned off by that.

EDIT: And it won't necessarily ruin your relationship. I did this about.. 8 months in, in my previous relationship, and nothing was weird afterwards, the second guy was a good friend we hung out with and he'd just keep bringing up how awesome that night was. And how natural it felt - we were chilling naked on the sofa untill the early hours, it was really a very natural experience, lol. And we'd all laugh about it in the time after, but happy we got to experience it. Me and my bf were together happy as ever for 5 more months untill we broke up for university reasons.
If you can relax and tust your partner, and your friend, it should be no problem at all.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Why is sex with two girls better? You can't shag them both at the same time. Surely your penis will just get tired and worn out?
Original post by HumanNature1992

Original post by HumanNature1992
I swear all you do is complain about your partner anyways O_o

That's because I was hating him that time because of something he had done.
At least he wouldn't want to shag anyone whilst he was with me.
Look at it this way, if your partner left you wouldn't you complain about it at the first stage of breaking up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending