The Student Room Group

I think my friends are out to get me...

I know, this sounds like some paranoid rambling and I admit I do have a bit of paranoia after my many years of being bullied, always having to watch out ... but I really do think they're out to get me.

For a while now, they've been organising a lot of group activities that I can't join in with. I have a lot of allergies, so I appreciate we can't always do the same things, and that's fine - not fair for them to stop, after all.

However, where it was previously just taken as given that I wouldn't be going with them, they've taken to actually asking me along so I have to say no to the invite. I thought it was strange, but not suspicious.

Then, today, I said casually that we haven't done much together ... and quite a few of them responded simultaneously along the lines of, "Well, you're the one who keeps refusing to come out with us."

Now, I'm starting to think they've grown bored of being friends with me, but are trying to set me up to take the blame when the friendship finally falls apart (and, at this rate, it will do.)

Am I mental, or is this a credible idea? They're not stupid, they could easily have thought of it... And, what do I do? Do I jump ship on the basis of a hunch they're trying to get rid of me, or wait it out?
Reply 1
TL;DR: Think my friends are trying to engineer the break-down of our friendship but in a way so that they can blame it to me - what to do?
Reply 2
you're the same person who can't watch 3d films, aren't you.
Reply 3
Original post by yahyahyah

No, 3D films are fine. Not really worth it, but I can watch them.
Reply 4
Try not to get mad at them & organise a day out yourself & see what they say to that :smile:
stop smoking cannabis.
Original post by yahyahyah

This is exactly what i was thinking!! lol

OP, if you really feel this way there's only two things you can do: either confront these 'friends' and tell them how you feel. how about organising something yourself, something you can definitely do/ join in with, and that everyone else will enjoy aswell. try and make it a time you know everyones available. and if you still don't feel happy, then these 'friends' aren't worth it, im afraid. theres no point hanging with people you're not neccessarily happy around. meet new people; make new friends :smile:

Just out of curiosity, what does Tl;dr stand for? lol im new to tsr :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Bubbles0ox
stop smoking cannabis.

Do you think the only reason people can suffer paranoia is due to cannabis by any chance?
Original post by Spetznaaz
Do you think the only reason people can suffer paranoia is due to cannabis by any chance?

no.
Reply 9
What kind of allergies can you possibly have that mean you can't go out with them? :s
Original post by Bubbles0ox
no.

Good.
Reply 11
Original post by ilexblue
what kind of allergies can you possibly have that mean you can't go out with them? :s

lol your sig. :tongue: +1
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by missgeorgia
Just out of curiosity, what does Tl;dr stand for? lol im new to tsr :colondollar:

Too long; didn't read :tongue:
Original post by IlexBlue
What kind of allergies can you possibly have that mean you can't go out with them? :s

I LOVE the Matrix!!!

Oh, and yeah, what allergies OP?
Reply 14
Original post by IlexBlue

Original post by Miss Behaving
I LOVE the Matrix!!!

Oh, and yeah, what allergies OP?

Mainly food allergies which put restaurants out, but also things like pollen allergies and pet allergies.
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
I know, this sounds like some paranoid rambling and I admit I do have a bit of paranoia after my many years of being bullied, always having to watch out ... but I really do think they're out to get me.

For a while now, they've been organising a lot of group activities that I can't join in with. I have a lot of allergies, so I appreciate we can't always do the same things, and that's fine - not fair for them to stop, after all.

However, where it was previously just taken as given that I wouldn't be going with them, they've taken to actually asking me along so I have to say no to the invite. I thought it was strange, but not suspicious.

Then, today, I said casually that we haven't done much together ... and quite a few of them responded simultaneously along the lines of, "Well, you're the one who keeps refusing to come out with us."

Now, I'm starting to think they've grown bored of being friends with me, but are trying to set me up to take the blame when the friendship finally falls apart (and, at this rate, it will do.)

Am I mental, or is this a credible idea? They're not stupid, they could easily have thought of it... And, what do I do? Do I jump ship on the basis of a hunch they're trying to get rid of me, or wait it out?

Start stalking them and planting sound recorders in their homes. You could even plant little tiny sound recorders on the friends of which you are particularly paranoid of. Then and only then will you know if they are truely out to get you.

Once you have you're evidence, you can confront them with it in one of those games used in 'SAW'. Bet they (the survivors, that is) wont **** with you then! :colone:
Reply 16
Original post by awais590
lol your sig. :d +1

Haha, thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending