The Student Room Group

stupid question, but i really need to know

how long does it take to send a letter from portugal to england normally? because i have to send off a questionnaire and it's due next week and i am wondering if i send it off tomorrow if it will be there in time?

sorry for this stupid question, but i never send letters so i have absolutely no clue
Reply 1
I think it should be OK. It takes 4-5 days from the Czech Republic, si it shouldn't be any longer from Portugal.
There's a backlog of mail in the system from Christmas, it might not arrive on time... Especially as there are bank holidays here.
Original post by aspiringwhatever

how long does it take to send a letter from portugal to england normally? because i have to send off a questionnaire and it's due next week and i am wondering if i send it off tomorrow if it will be there in time?

sorry for this stupid question, but i never send letters so i have absolutely no clue

Depends how much the paper weighs. If it's more than 1kg, it could take up to 56 months, so remember to weigh it before you send it.

Thank me later.
Reply 4
I wouldn't trust anything to arrive at the moment with the stupidly huge back log of mail ¬_¬
Original post by thedepressedchild
Depends how much the paper weighs. If it's more than 1kg, it could take up to 56 months, so remember to weigh it before you send it.

Thank me later.

it's like 3 pages so i don't think that would be a problem..

how long are universities usually closed for xmas? cos i got it like on the 17th and then it said i have 15 days excluding christmas holidays. thats like until sometime next week right?
Reply 6
should take 3-4 working days with first class.
thanksss xx
Reply 8

it's like 3 pages so i don't think that would be a problem..

how long are universities usually closed for xmas? cos i got it like on the 17th and then it said i have 15 days excluding christmas holidays. thats like until sometime next week right?

I would stop stressing if I were you. Most unis broke up on the 17th and won't start back until at least 10th January so I really wouldn't worry. Post it tomorrow by all means but it should be waiting for them when they get back from their break. Everyone here knows the post has been messed up by the weather anyways so they're likely to be lenient.
yeh i think i am going to post it on wednesday with first class. like this i still have a day to improve my essay and questionnaire and then i'll be there in time, and just hope it arrives on the right day, and if not that they'll be lenient. which they probably will be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending