The Student Room Group

Was it wrong to slap a mentally unstable guy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Happened to me before when a guy physically grabbed me. I knew he had mental health issues as you did and his carer just came over and wrenched me free.

If someone is obviously not right I make allowances for that fact. then again I am not that sensitive. If a guy had grabbed my arse etc I would have struggled

I dont believe in hitting people (especially unstable ones) as you might just provoke them. I would simply have told his carer and reported the issue to the gym
(edited 13 years ago)
I'd be wondering where his minder was in the first place
Reply 42
Original post by silverbolt
then i shall return the favour refuse to believe you and ignore this. It is his fault he grabbed her, it is his fault he didnt let her go. It is her fault she ignored him which you seem to think means she should then be assualted.

I have a knife - its in my hand but by your logic because i havent tried to stab you there is no danger. She didnt know what else he was going to do, his next move could have been to punch her in the face, she nor i nor you does not know.

If his next move was to punch her in the face I am pretty sure her slapping him would have made the punch even harder :lolwut:
Reply 43
Original post by Rock Fan
I'd be wondering where his minder was in the first place

THIS
Reply 44
Original post by morecambebay
Because she clearly knew that he was speaking to her. It was plain rude to just completely blank him.

He's been shouting at me the other times he's been there, then the carer told him I wasn't Anna etc.

Girls ignore shouting all the time.. It's just the way to deal with it. Should we turn and wave when we are honked at, go and get to know a person who shouts "Hey sexy" and other stuff behind our back, should we go and thank people who whistle at us? No. (Sorry a bit off-topic but that's how girls are used to handle this)

Anyway, he wasn't "holding my arm casually" as someone said, he grabbed me hard and scared the hell out of me. He was really in my face.

And yes, that slap I'd say was in a single motion, its what made him let go. It's not like I got loose, stepped back, and went to slap him. Not at all. It's just the general question about if its bad to react normally towards a mentally challenged person.

Sorry to cause so much discussion between you two.
Original post by Anonymous
He's been shouting at me the other times he's been there, then the carer told him I wasn't Anna etc.

He obviously didnt remember.

Girls ignore shouting all the time.. It's just the way to deal with it. Should we turn and wave when we are honked at, go and get to know a person who shouts "Hey sexy" and other stuff behind our back, should we go and thank people who whistle at us? No. (Sorry a bit off-topic but that's how girls are used to handle this)
Those situations are not comparable to when a person thinks they know you

Anyway, he wasn't "holding my arm casually" as someone said, he grabbed me hard and scared the hell out of me. He was really in my face.

I have acknowledged lots of times that he was wrong. But it just doesnt give you the right to do wrong aswell

And yes, that slap I'd say was in a single motion, its what made him let go. It's not like I got loose, stepped back, and went to slap him.
You keep changing this

Not at all. It's just the general question about if its bad to react normally towards a mentally challenged person.
You didnt react normlly towards him. If he was normal you wouldnt have slapped him because he would have hit you back.

Sorry to cause so much discussion between you two.

You don't know what, if anything, was wrong with him. He had someone with him, you had no reason to slap him. Maybe his condition means he can't help it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending