The Student Room Group

Why does everyone hate the BNP?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
We all see through your veil, take your propaganda elsewhere.
Reply 81
Stop reading the daily mail, we don't have any problem with immigrants, the number of immigrants rose during the boom because there were more jobs available, now during the bust they are being shifted out as there are no jobs available for them and so-called indigenous persons are as a result being given preference in the job market. The problem of fundamentalism is no larger a problem than any other country, it is something that is overemphasized by the ultra-conservative media. Either you've been duped into this belief, or you are as I believe a pro-BNP propagandist.
The problem of ethnic cleansing is nonexistent, and indeed the idea of ethnic British is dubious.
Reply 82
Original post by Komakino
Stop reading the daily mail, we don't have any problem with immigrants, the number of immigrants rose during the boom because there were more jobs available, now during the bust they are being shifted out as there are no jobs available for them and so-called indigenous persons are as a result being given preference in the job market. The problem of fundamentalism is no larger a problem than any other country, it is something that is overemphasized by the ultra-conservative media. Either you've been duped into this belief, or you are as I believe a pro-BNP propagandist.
The problem of ethnic cleansing is nonexistent, and indeed the idea of ethnic British is dubious.

Come and live in Peterborough and retain such a dandy view. It's no coincidence that places like Bradford, Peterborough and Leicester are becoming social cess-pits.

Also, to all you saying 'oh but we're originally from other places, why's that any different'...look at what you're saying. Our ancestral routes have been here for hundreds of years; enough time to forge our own values and traditions. In addition, the countries that did invade us are similar to us in values, religion, and are civilised. The difference is many immigrants are trying to force their backward, stone-age drivel on our tolerant society. If you think that those sort of people have the same ethical right to be in this country than I do and many other ENGLISHMEN then start ****ing taking pride in your own nation.
Original post by Barksy
Come and live in Peterborough and retain such a dandy view. It's no coincidence that places like Bradford, Peterborough and Leicester are becoming social cess-pits.

Also, to all you saying 'oh but we're originally from other places, why's that any different'...look at what you're saying. Our ancestral routes have been here for hundreds of years; enough time to forge our own values and traditions. In addition, the countries that did invade us are similar to us in values, religion, and are civilised. The difference is many immigrants are trying to force their backward, stone-age drivel on our tolerant society. If you think that those sort of people have the same ethical right to be in this country than I do and many other ENGLISHMEN then start ****ing taking pride in your own nation.

If you appreciate people taking pride in their birthplace, then you'll appreciate me telling you in no uncertain terms to **** off. :h:
Ah, the closet racist.
Reply 85
I'm white and British, my passport says I'm a Christian. I have brown Muslim friends who's family came from Pakistan and go to visit grandparents on holidays and things. obviously I have things in common with them thats how we became friends and why we are friends. I'm pretty sure this is not unusual

Original post by de_monies
Care to expand? I am a brown Pakistani Muslim, and can easily get on with white British Christians. Also, you mentioned British Christian(learn to capitalize!-I've probably spelt that wrong)

This country is largely secular. The majority of white people I have met are Atheist. Some have been Christian, and it's easy to get on with them, provided they're not *****. One Christian person in my secondary school liked history and I liked history. See there's something we had in common, despite your claim.

The majority of my friends in my college are white, as well as my closest friends. In fact, the majority of my friends in total are white. If we didn't "connect" in any way, surely I would have been socially rejected (bearing in mind that I went to a mainly white secondary school, and most people on my course are white)

I've said this many, many times. I regard myself as Muslim first, British second, and Pakistani third(as long as the latter don't conflict with the previous ones, if that makes any sense) ie: as a Muslim, I didn't agree with the Iraq war(as lots of other non-Muslims do as well), but as a Muslim British, I didn't entirely like Pakistan's links with the Taliban a while ago. As a Pakistani, Im slightly annoyed at India's stance on Pakistani visa's

Also, it just seems that you can't connect with people of different cultures ie: most people would be able to adapt in this real life scenario.
You're on a train and you're talking to a Chinese person and across a Swedish person joins in. This happened to me, but I wasn't like "OMG, someone from another culture"

Most people are fairly tolerant

I'll come back tomorrow when I can rep:smile:
Reply 86
First of all, there is no such thing as ethnically British. Britain is, and always has been a ethnic mixing pot. Secondly, this line you push of immigrants not assimilating into British society is completely false, the majority do, it's a small minority who, to take some stereotypical complaints; don't work, want to turn Britain into an islamic state etc etc.

As for why people hate Nick Griffin, well it's pretty obvious, he's a former National Front member who has ties with the KKK in the USA and is head of a party that was founded as a white supremacist organisation.
Oh boy, where the hell do I start?

Shall I tell you why I hate the BNP OP? I'm guessing you're completely aware of what their party consitution is based on, yes?

The BNP seeks to restore the overwhelmingly white ethnicity of Britain that it says existed prior to 1948 through legal means, including 'firm but voluntary incentives for immigrants and their descendants to return home' and the repeal of anti-discrimination legislation.

You can't read that and think the BNP are somehow just an innocent white pride party (if white pride actually exists that is, seems like it's just a front for the nasty racism beneath the surface if you ask me).

The other thing that has always angered me about the BNP and it's knuckle dragging barely-literate followers is the massive sense of entitlement they have because of their skin colour. Listen, I'm gonna say it 'til it finally gets through your thick prejudiced skulls: SKIN PIGMENTATION DOESN'T ENTITLE YOU TO ANYTHING. You get somewhere in life by putting some damn effort in. Blaming people who are "browner" than you or speak in a different accent for your own failings is pathetic.
Reply 88
Original post by littleshambles
If you appreciate people taking pride in their birthplace, then you'll appreciate me telling you in no uncertain terms to **** off. :h:

Where is there anything offensive in that? I appreciate your typical left-wing response of just dismissing one's argument. Intelligent.
Reply 89
Original post by SamF1992
First of all, there is no such thing as ethnically British. Britain is, and always has been a ethnic mixing pot. Secondly, this line you push of immigrants not assimilating into British society is completely false, the majority do, it's a small minority who, to take some stereotypical complaints; don't work, want to turn Britain into an islamic state etc etc.

As for why people hate Nick Griffin, well it's pretty obvious, he's a former National Front member who has ties with the KKK in the USA and is head of a party that was founded as a white supremacist organisation.

Britain was a mixing pot....like a thousand years ago! From then on there was time to produce our own way of life, identity and culture. Your arguments like 'oh all humans originate from Africa so we should let all Africans in and destroy the British identity'. The main thing none of you seem to understand is that it's not colour they're bothered about (only the more extreme ones are), it's the way they're conducting themselves in our nation when they have no divine right to be here. Spare me of the whole liberal-soft bull****. As I've said if only you lot had grown up in Peterborough; would be a real eye-opener.
Reply 90
Original post by CWallace91
Ah man, does this mean I have to move 'home' to Ireland when they cleanse all the immigrants, despite never having lived there in my life?

No because they consider ethnic Britons to include all people native to the British Isles, so they include Irish people in that.
Reply 91
Original post by Barksy

Cultures change, they never stay the same, this is true of all cultures, there are no countries in the world that have no immigrants. I don't know Peterborough, but I'm willing to bet that the real problem there is economic rather than cultural, when there aren't enough jobs or too little economic development then people whom are different become easy targets to vent frustration on.
I certainly don't advocate people arriving in the country and being unwilling to adapt to our culture, but this doesn't happen, to get citizenship they have to meet certain criteria, therefore the stereotype you describe simply doesn't exist.
Reply 92
I'm using facts, and if you don't like it then grit your teeth and bear it.
I agree we shouldn't allow religious fundamentalism to overwhelm our culture, but I don't see that happening, if I do start to see it then I'll be the first to demand it stop.
Reply 93
"Coloured" is a pretty offensive term nowadays. Everyone has colour on their skin, and that word implies people are marked or stained in some sort of way. But then again I'm not surprised you're using that word, after all you're an ignorant and simple backward looking young fellow aren't you?
Well you could argue that Dubai has been turned in to Las Vegas. Also India's economy is increasingly having western influences put on it.
Original post by Barksy
Where is there anything offensive in that? I appreciate your typical left-wing response of just dismissing one's argument. Intelligent.

Aw, that's nice, but I can't appreciate your "typical right-wing assertion" that, given you live in Place X and you don't like it because of all the foreigners, anyone who disagrees with you a) doesn't live in Place X and b) would definitely agree with you if they lived in Place X.

I don't feel the need to make any response other than that I disagree because you've made no argument that requires any further response than that. You think Leicester is "becoming a social cess-pit", I think you're talking out of your arse. Given I've lived here for the best part of 20 years, by your own logic you should sit back down and shut up, yeah? Cool.
You are certainly not intelligent. That is obvious just from the absence of basic grammar and the way you structure your arguments.

Intelligent people don't waste their time claiming to be intelligent and writing phrases such as "youre talking bollox fella".
Reply 97
At least the BNP would sort all the leachers out.
No such thing as an indigeonous British person.
Reply 99
The BNP will never get into power. But I like it when people talk about the BNP only being bad for Coloured Brits. The BNP would be bad for White Brits too. Possibly worse even.

Think about it. How much of Britain's already fragile economy will be affected by a mass emigration of people (coloured or not). Especially the entrepreneurial types, like Indians (who contribute around 5% of Britain's GDP) and others. How much tax revenue will be lost? How many people will be made unemployed by non-white businesses closing down? Non-whites may have to leave, but in the cases of Indian and Chinese communities, etc, their 'home' countries will ultimately benefit from the import of skilled, educated, tax-paying workers, while Britain will lose out.

Also on the international stage, who will want to be associated with a democratically-elected fascist country?

An increasingly ethnic America? A country that elected a Black president and is soon to be minority-majority.

Emerging powers China and India? Britain recently went begging to both for economic deals, they ain't going to be pleased seeing their people thrown out of the country? The 21st Century belongs to them. Not wise to get on their bad side. Especially when they'll be pulling the strings behind the world economy.

Europe? BNP not big fans of EU. Plus Europe not likely to stick their neck out for a country that has repeatedly shown it wishes to be separate.

And who will the BNP's ideal trade partners (Australia, New Zealand, Canada, etc) choose to side with? Will they really risk alienating themselves from vital Asian markets for the sake of a declining third-rate power that willingly voted in fascists? Not likely.

The BNP have no credible economic policy that will work in a changing world order. Britain's economy will crumble. The standard of living will plummet, and since it will be a majority White country, Whites will suffer the most. As the BNP want to suspend the right to vote, good luck getting them out. Not that the world (or Non-White Brits) will forget they were voted in.

So when there's no petrol for cars, pitiful education/healthcare, mass unemployment and bread costs a tenner, maybe those defending the BNP will get exactly what they asked for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending