The Student Room Group

Boys be honest

I have only been in one serious relationship for three years, and I really like this boy at the moment he is really nice to me protective over me etc all the lovey dovey crap! But honestly what are the signs are ways of knowing that he is just stringing me along and maybe trying to get into my knickers :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Yea. Hold onto your knickers and see what happens?
Reply 2
Original post by UniquaLove
I have only been in one serious relationship for three years, and I really like this boy at the moment he is really nice to me protective over me etc all the lovey dovey crap! But honestly what are the signs are ways of knowing that he is just stringing me along and maybe trying to get into my knickers :confused:

Is that not what you want to? or is that a bit too soon? Look, tell him straight and ask him out-right. if that is what his intentions were then he may become defensive but if his intentions were not he should appear calm. Do what you think is best xx
Reply 3
If he is sweet and doesn't seem pretentious his motives probably aren't shady.
Reply 4
Original post by markberry91
Is that not what you want to? or is that a bit too soon? Look, tell him straight and ask him out-right. if that is what his intentions were then he may become defensive but if his intentions were not he should appear calm. Do what you think is best xx

I really like the way he is with me and stuff :smile: but we are not going out or nothing meaning he can do as he feels which I know will hurt me thinking he most probs doing things with other people, and I have no right to be because we are not together and I just really want to know if he wants to go somewhere with me this just fun for him. I really want to ask and be upfront but I dont know I will put him off with my seriousness and anxiety xx
Reply 5
If he is being protective over you i imagine he is being legit. How old is he/you?
Reply 6
Original post by Knighted
If he is being protective over you i imagine he is being legit. How old is he/you?

Both 18, mm yeah I guess, but when he was doing that there was a crowd of boys, and I was starting to think was he doing just because he knew one of them wanted to talk to me and he wanted to make it seem like he was with me to look good :s-smilie: Because he kept on saying rude comments about him to me so that they would hear :s-smilie: and I was just like to him have they doen anything to you or something, and he was like no :|
Reply 7
Jump him. If he says "you think we're going too fast?" or hesitates slightly, then he's obviously in to you. If not, then hey, he got what he was wanting. :biggrin:
Reply 8
I doubt he's been waiting three years. If he didn't at least like you, would he have stuck around? At the end of the day it's for you to decide based on what you've seen of him, but from what you've said here he sounds like a nice honest guy :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by sparkjolt
Jump him. If he says "you think we're going too fast?" or hesitates slightly, then he's obviously in to you. If not, then hey, he got what he was wanting. :biggrin:

Lol okey dokey :smile:
Reply 10
Both 18, mm yeah I guess, but when he was doing that there was a crowd of boys, and I was starting to think was he doing just because he knew one of them wanted to talk to me and he wanted to make it seem like he was with me to look good :s-smilie: Because he kept on saying rude comments about him to me so that they would hear :s-smilie: and I was just like to him have they doen anything to you or something, and he was like no :|

I know your female but try not to over think anything in these circumstances, it will eat you alive.

Just tell him how you feel and such. The worst he can do is say no :wink:
Well if you do get with him, don't rush straight into bed.
I really like the way he is with me and stuff :smile: but we are not going out or nothing meaning he can do as he feels which I know will hurt me thinking he most probs doing things with other people, and I have no right to be because we are not together and I just really want to know if he wants to go somewhere with me this just fun for him. I really want to ask and be upfront but I dont know I will put him off with my seriousness and anxiety xx

Does he act the same with other girls as he does with you? If he does then what happens between them? If you feel awkward around him then he may sense that and you may seem quiet/nervous. that may be why he is protective around you. because he senses something between you both. But I still think you should ask him straight-out what his intentions are. If it were me I'd understand. Good luck to you both xx
Reply 13
Original post by DayneD89
I doubt he's been waiting three years. If he didn't at least like you, would he have stuck around? At the end of the day it's for you to decide based on what you've seen of him, but from what you've said here he sounds like a nice honest guy :smile:

Sorry I dont think I was clear my last boyfriend i was with for that long my only relationship so i dont have that much experience in other boys accept him lol soz :colondollar:, and now met this new guy he seems so nice and everything but if he not with me and stuff he hardly with text and call me and stuff but when we together he just soo nice and that and i dont know if i feel he is not into me because he does nto do what my ex done liek texts me loads and stuff :s-smilie: like he sends subliminal in his name like msn name but like i personally dont think they about me because hours before he puts them up we have not spoke or nothing :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by Knighted
I know your female but try not to over think anything in these circumstances, it will eat you alive.

Just tell him how you feel and such. The worst he can do is say no :wink:

Lool I know its terrible i worry to much :colondollar: and yeah will do thanks :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Rock Fan
Well if you do get with him, don't rush straight into bed.

I won't :biggrin:, im a virgin and am only looking to loose it to someone i trust so for now doubt i could so such lol
Reply 16
Sorry I dont think I was clear my last boyfriend i was with for that long my only relationship so i dont have that much experience in other boys accept him lol soz :colondollar:, and now met this new guy he seems so nice and everything but if he not with me and stuff he hardly with text and call me and stuff but when we together he just soo nice and that and i dont know if i feel he is not into me because he does nto do what my ex done liek texts me loads and stuff :s-smilie: like he sends subliminal in his name like msn name but like i personally dont think they about me because hours before he puts them up we have not spoke or nothing :s-smilie:

Well just don't do anything till you decide it's what you want :smile: You're ex sounds more 'clingy' than your new bf, but thats not neccesserily a good thing or bad thing, it's just a difference. If you spend too long worrying about his motives you might miss out on the fun of a relationship. Just remember that if you want to stop it, you can. Let me ask you this, do you enjoy being with your current boyfriend? If so then you should relax and enjoy being with him. If not... well, thats a different matter.
Reply 17
Original post by markberry91
Does he act the same with other girls as he does with you? If he does then what happens between them? If you feel awkward around him then he may sense that and you may seem quiet/nervous. that may be why he is protective around you. because he senses something between you both. But I still think you should ask him straight-out what his intentions are. If it were me I'd understand. Good luck to you both xx

I will do, he knows I like him he's known for like couple months now so I might just ask now, erm hes really mellow and kind so its hard to tell if he being nice or like flirty, but not really he has convo's and is nice and stuff but with me lol its the same but he does really silly stuff to catch my attention like swing into me, and comment on unnecessary things xx
Reply 18
Original post by DayneD89
Well just don't do anything till you decide it's what you want :smile: You're ex sounds more 'clingy' than your new bf, but thats not neccesserily a good thing or bad thing, it's just a difference. If you spend too long worrying about his motives you might miss out on the fun of a relationship. Just remember that if you want to stop it, you can. Let me ask you this, do you enjoy being with your current boyfriend? If so then you should relax and enjoy being with him. If not... well, thats a different matter.

Hes not even my boyfriend lol! He just acts like it at times, but when I am with him yeah I enjoyy it
Reply 19
Hes not even my boyfriend lol! He just acts like it at times, but when I am with him yeah I enjoyy it

Ah, right lol. Well see how he feels. Can't hurt to try, and life is made of risks :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest