The Student Room Group

Britain is overcrowded... something needs to be done about immigration...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hamesh
You only have a problem with non EU immigration, no?

I just dont see why it is needed at all.
Original post by Jody Mcintyre
You simply cannot dismiss the entire Scottish ethnic group by saying 'prove it to me'. I am not Russian, I am not English. I am Scottish and I have traced my family tree. You simply have no argument. You don't understand my pride because you are not Scottish, you know you are not.

And I have nothing to prove to a third worlder who my family and people were kind enough to allow your family to come to my country.

1st Qoute: I never talked about Russians or English people.:cool:
2nd Quote: Prove it. Your evidence should date around mid-5th century AD. Do you have that evidence in your "traced" family tree?:rolleyes:
3rd Quote: My argument is: for you to prove you belong to that ethnic group, you need to have an indisputable evidence of your belonging to such group. If you have not evidence to support your statement,it is not valid.:rolleyes: Sorry, mate.
4th Quote: Pride?:rolleyes: What has pride to do in you proving you belong to an ethnic group? I don't need to understand "your" pride to know whether or not you belong to that ethnic group. And the understanding of your pride is not limited to those who are Scottish but those who understand what pride means. Anyway, you seem to mistake pride by patriotism.:rolleyes:
5th Quote: If you have nothing to prove you are admiting you are a liar and I was right. :rolleyes: I'm not a Third Worlder, I was not born there. Another epic fail.:rolleyes:
6th Quote: Your family and your people?:rofl2: By "people" you may refer to those as intelligent as you. I have a Scottish friend and there is an abismal difference from you to him. Oh, and my family has never been in Scotland. :yawn: Epic fail.
You still haven't tackled my previous point.:woohoo:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 102
Are you actually a far right winger masquerding as a liberal to make them look stupid ?

Nope absolutley not. It's going to happen anyway. I'm waiting to celebrate the day when it does.:biggrin:
Original post by SoulfulBoy
1st Qoute: I never talked about Russians or English people.:cool:
2nd Quote: Prove it. Your evidence should date around mid-5th century AD. Do you have that evidence in your "traced" family tree?:rolleyes:
3rd Quote: My argument is: for you to prove you belong to that ethnic group, an indisputable evidence of your belonging to such group. If you have not evidence to support your statement it is not valid.:rolleyes: Sorry, mate.
4th Quote: Pride?:rolleyes: What has pride to do in you proving you belong to an ethnic group? I don't need to understand "your" pride to know whether or not you belong to that ethnic group. And the understanding of your pride is not limited to those who are Scottish but those who understand what pride means. Anyway, you seem to mistake pride by patriotism.:rolleyes:
5th Quote: If you have nothing to prove you are admiting you are a liar and I was right. :rolleyes: I'm not a Third Worlder, I was not born there. Another epic fail.:rolleyes:
6th Quote: Your family and your people?:rofl2: By "people" you may refer to those as intelligent as you. I have a Scottish friend and there is an abismal difference from you too. Oh, and my family has never been in Scotland. :yawn: Epic fail.
You still haven't tackled my previous point.:woohoo:

As I have said I have nothing to prove to you. Scotland is not your homeland or country.
Personally I have a problem with all mass migration. However the pros of EU immigration is that more European migrants mean less non-eu migrants.

I think I can speak for the majority of Britons who would prefer European migrants to non-European migrants

You may want to think then ask before speaking.:smile:
Reply 105
Personally I have a problem with all mass migration. However the pros of EU immigration is that more European migrants mean less non-eu migrants.

I think I can speak for the majority of Britons who would prefer European migrants to non-European migrants

Original post by Jackthevillain
I just dont see why it is needed at all.

Ok, that's your opinion. However, the OP has qualms with immigration in general.
As I have said I have nothing to prove to you. Scotland is not your homeland or country.

According to your logic, neither yours. Scotland is not your country. Sorry,mate.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by SoulfulBoy
According to your logic, neither yours.

Your comments are completey irellevent to me. Oh and I think my Macdonald surname shows what ethnic group I come from. However I wont be lectured to on being Scottish by some Muslim child of immigrant
(edited 13 years ago)
The sort of person who says "Britain is overcrowded, immigration must be stopped" would move onto "We need Lebensraum" if it actually happened.
Original post by ZombieCharge

How so?

Food from Africa is largely cheaper to produce and import than a lot of food imported from neighbouring EU countries or food produced here. However, EU tariffs make it too expensive.
EU immigration is by far preferable because EU immigrants are culturally similar to us, and are basically 'invisible' immigrants, as they do not change the areas they move into.
Original post by Luceria
Norway has loads of space. Big country, 4,9 million people. lol. Anyway. Norway isn't in the EU, but it's in the EEA and EFTA. So I guess that kind of counts as EU-ish. Wouldn't be very nice if I couldn't move to the UK if I wanted to.

Though I don't think it's a bad idea with some control.

Norwegians are always welcome to Britain. :wink:

**** off!

One Scotland many cultures!
Reply 113

:awesome:
Original post by Left Hand Drive
**** off!

One Scotland many cultures!

One Scotland one culture :smile:

Keep Scotland homogenous
(edited 13 years ago)
Your comments are completey irellevent to me. Oh and I think my Macdonald surname shows what ethnic group I come from. However I wont be lectured to on being Scottish by some Muslim third worlder.

1st Quote: As you don't wasnt discuss the matter I should think that you can prove what you say, in other words, you are liar, aren't you?:rolleyes:
2nd Quote: By having a Scottish father with a Mc surname I can say the same. My Scottish friend could help in that sense but it's a matter of common sense.:cool:
3rd Quote: I ask for an evidence of what you claimed and you were unable to do so. I was been lecturing you I asked proof, you haven't, then what you claim is not at all solid. Sorry,mate.:rolleyes:
4th Qoute::biggrin: I'm not muslim and I was not born in a third world country. Why do say thing that aren't true. Are you so scared of asking me? I don't bite.:biggrin:
You keep talking without proof. And you haven't tackled anything I said to you.:smile: What's wrong, my second Scottish friend?:smile:

Oh, so you are the one who decides who is welcome and who isn't?:rolleyes: You said you did not believe in God... So you must be an atheist playing to be God....:rolleyes:
Original post by Luceria
Norway has loads of space.

Yes but is most of it suitable for settlement?

Keep Scotland homogenous

Nah multicultural! atleast you're in the minority now remind mehow did the BNP do this year? and where is your BNP banner gone? :biggrin:

Keep Scotland homogenous

It's not a secret that genetically, long-term homogeneity leads to weakness and degeneration.:rolleyes: That's how you want Scotland. Sterile, degenerated and weak. It'll be like that if Scotland was kept under that strict closure, my xenophobe yet dear friend.:smile:
You want a weak country.:smile: Marvelous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending