The Student Room Group

Can you help me find some good universities ?

I'm planning to study in the UK as an undergraduate. I would like to study in a university which is wide-known for it's business degrees(especially international business).
I'm an overseas student (Kosovar), and I'll be taking the tests like TOEFL, SAT and IELTS. Until now my GPA has been 5.0, and I've been studying in a high school where science subjects are taught in english.

Can you tell me which university is good for me ?
Reply 1
The best universities in the UK for Business are:

1. Cambridge
2. Imperial College London
3. Bath
4. London School of Economics
5. Warwick
6. Loughborough
7. St. Andrews
8. Lancaster
9. City University
10. Nottingham
11. King's College London
12. Leeds
13. Durham
14. Exeter
15. Aston
16. Strathclyde
17. Southampton
18. Manchester
19. Southampton
20. Birmingham

These are according to The Complete University Guide ( http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/single.htm?ipg=8727 ), although there are a lot more factors to take into account when deciding which university to study at.
For example, do you prefer campus or city universities? (In your case) what language test results do they require and some might say that whether or not the university is a member of the Russell Group is important.

Hope I helped :smile:
Original post by Vijay2010
The best universities in the UK for Business are:

1. Cambridge
2. Imperial College London
3. Bath
4. London School of Economics
5. Warwick
6. Loughborough
7. St. Andrews
8. Lancaster
9. City University
10. Nottingham
11. King's College London
12. Leeds
13. Durham
14. Exeter
15. Aston
16. Strathclyde
17. Southampton
18. Manchester
19. Southampton
20. Birmingham

These are according to The Complete University Guide ( http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/single.htm?ipg=8727 ), although there are a lot more factors to take into account when deciding which university to study at.
For example, do you prefer campus or city universities? (In your case) what language test results do they require and some might say that whether or not the university is a member of the Russell Group is important.

Hope I helped :smile:

They might say that if they were retarded.
Durham isn't in the Russell group. Is it therefore a poor university?
You have to understand first, that even if you get into a top university. It doesn't mean you're going to be successful or earn loads of cash. You could get into a **** university but what counts is your motivation e.g. in making money or being a good engineer, doctor etc.

If you want to get into Cambridge or Sussex at the end of the day when you have graduated you will be called e.g. doctor, engineer etc no matter which University you attended. Don't follow some bull**** list, just research the universities you like yourself and see if they teach you the things you really love or good at.
Reply 4
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Durham isn't in the Russell group. Is it therefore a poor university?

Hence the "some".....I was just trying to help the guy.......
Original post by Vijay2010
Hence the "some".....I was just trying to help the guy.......

I wasn't trying to sound harsh. It may, though, be a little misleading to suggest that Russell group is essential. Mentioning that 'some' would say that is obviously giving the impression that they have good reason to.
Reply 6
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I wasn't trying to sound harsh. It may, though, be a little misleading to suggest that Russell group is essential. Mentioning that 'some' would say that is obviously giving the impression that they have good reason to.

Agreed......to be honest Munchies has it right :smile:
And dont worry I know you didnt mean for it to sound harsh, but its late and I cba'ed coming up with a reply that didnt sound harsh back :P
Reply 7
Hi All,

I have completed my 3yrs Diploma in Hotel Management after my 12th, I am interested to purse MBA in UK please suggest me some colleges or universities. Do i need to have some work experience to apply for this program.
Reply 8
Durham isn't in the Russell group. Is it therefore a poor university

Agreed, Russell group is only for research anyway so doesn't matter at all. Anyway, everyone knows Durham is a really good university :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending