The Student Room Group

Girlfriend - Golddigger Experiment.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XmasFoodChallenge
How about a bf AND a (karma sutra) book? :sexface:

You're alright :dry:.
Original post by ily_em
Did you discuss how much you were (roughly) going to spend before Christmas? That could have reduced the difference.

How much have you spent in the past on each other?

Also, what were the presents? Was hers more thoughtful than the box of chocs and stationary you're planning on giving her, despite the £10 price tag?

:eek: £150 was what I spent on everyone put together!

Can't say I even spent that.
OP, you should probably check if she's messing with any broke n*****s. Kanye is rarely wrong about such matters.
It's more to not be hypocritical.
Best thread I have read on TSR, ever. Thanks for making me entertained, I wish more people who posts thread were interesting like you.

No you're not a horrible person.
Men, this is the first time ive read a thread on tsr and wanted more.
Anyway i dont think you are going about it the right way, although it sounds interesting.
Keep us posted in a few weeks time about her reaction. Id come back on tsr in a months time, hopefully you'd have kept us updated :holmes:
What was the £10 present?
I haven't done exactly this method - doubt it'll work quite as well as my method, because he's helped by having Christmas so close.

Yeah, people do. That or call me TSR, which is highly confusing. :p:
Reply 28
*subscribes*

Sorry i gave my bf of 7months 3weeks socks bookends and a drawing of him. So errr...yeah.

Just wanna pick up some tips :dontknow:
Original post by DJkG.1
Btw, are you by any chance an English student?! :p:

No, male English students are typically romantic and wouldn't do something like an experiment on their girlfriend.

If anything, I'm willing to bet the OP is studying Psychology/Philosophy. :p:

OP: go for it! Tell us the results and what happens. :yep:
Reply 30
No, you're a smart man.
Original post by Anonymous
This Christmas I spent £100 on my girlfriend. We've been together a substantial amount of time, over 2 years, and as a debt ridden, poor student, it's the most I could afford.

On her part, she spent roughly £10 on me.

We are from similar financial backgrounds and are slightly supported by family, but her personal finances are sailing in calm black seas, while mine dress in tarty red and go flirting with the bank manager every month.

I know it's the thought that counts, I know money doesn't mean much, love conquers all, but I can't help feeling just a slightest bit peeved that I scrapped my pennies off the floor to make her Christmas, yet she (seriously) spent as much on her cat's birthday last month than she has on me.

I feel like I might be being taken for a ride, in which I merrily sit astride Santa's sleigh throwing out gifts, and in return Dick Dastardly pulls up alongside for Muttley to crap in my sack.

Immoral as it may be, I've decided to run a small experiment. Her birthday arrives in a couple of weeks, and unlike last year where she received a new necklace and matching ear rings, this year I'm getting her a single box of chocs and maybe some stationary, just to gauge her reaction, and admittedly, savour a small bitter sweet nugget flavoured with the mildest revenge. Mostly to see what happens though.

Am I a horrible person?

Seems to me that you hold some grudge because she spent a "little" amount of money on you. How cheap is your relationship that you value it on terms of how much money you spend on her? :rolleyes: That's a bit childish. If you want to know my opinion, communication is the key and the downfall of ANY relationship and this is something money cannot buy. Remember my words.
Test her by asking if she would fancy gang-bangs.
Reply 33
Original post by SoulfulBoy

Original post by SoulfulBoy
Seems to me that you hold some grudge because she spent a "little" amount of money on you. How cheap is your relationship that you value it on terms of how much money you spend on her? :rolleyes: That's a bit childish. If you want to know my opinion, communication is the key and the downfall of ANY relationship and this is something money cannot buy. Remember my words.

Do you understand that it is the principle of the money in terms of the relationship and not the actual spending of either party that is the problem?
Reply 34
The OP's idea is logical too, it will determine what he wants to determine about his girlfriend. It also avoids potential awkwardness, and could be a bit of fun for him too.

If it turns out that the girlfriend is a golddigger, your suggestion would then be the one making more sense since it would resolve the issue. The OP is finding out if there is an issue or not and his idea will do that just fine.
Original post by DJkG.1

Btw, are you by any chance an English student?! :p:

First thing I thought. It's funny how I'm starting to guess what people do in their degree's from their views/how they type on here. Most of the time it's right too.
Reply 36
Do you really think she would admit to being a gold digger if they "communicated" about it? :dontknow:.
Original post by Mess.
Do you understand that it is the principle of the money in terms of the relationship and not the actual spending of either party that is the problem?

Instead of such experiment, it might better to get the girlfriend and be honest.
Reply 38
Did you tell her beforehand that you were going to spend £100 on her? you know before she bought her present.

If someone bought me £100 worth of presents I still wouldn't go above my limit of £30 because I have sense.

£10-30 is more than enough. You irresponsibly chose to spend £100 despite being in the red. Not her fault. What matters is whether you're thoughtful in the way you spend the £10. Naturally buying stationary will just piss her off as someone pointed out as it shows you don't care. Chocolates could work though. Bitches love chocolate.

Interested to see how your 'experiment' goes though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Anonymous
This Christmas I spent £100 on my girlfriend. We've been together a substantial amount of time, over 2 years, and as a debt ridden, poor student, it's the most I could afford.

On her part, she spent roughly £10 on me.

We are from similar financial backgrounds and are slightly supported by family, but her personal finances are sailing in calm black seas, while mine dress in tarty red and go flirting with the bank manager every month.

I know it's the thought that counts, I know money doesn't mean much, love conquers all, but I can't help feeling just a slightest bit peeved that I scrapped my pennies off the floor to make her Christmas, yet she (seriously) spent as much on her cat's birthday last month than she has on me.

I feel like I might be being taken for a ride, in which I merrily sit astride Santa's sleigh throwing out gifts, and in return Dick Dastardly pulls up alongside for Muttley to crap in my sack.

Immoral as it may be, I've decided to run a small experiment. Her birthday arrives in a couple of weeks, and unlike last year where she received a new necklace and matching ear rings, this year I'm getting her a single box of chocs and maybe some stationary, just to gauge her reaction, and admittedly, savour a small bitter sweet nugget flavoured with the mildest revenge. Mostly to see what happens though.

Am I a horrible person?

No your not.
I'm really interested in this, do post back after her birthday. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending