The Student Room Group

is the UK a very friendly society?

It seems the UK is quite judgmental, if you think about it. OK, human beings are judgmental, that's just a fact of life, but it seems that there is a lot of pressure to live up to (or fit in with) some kind of norm of behaviour (like clubbing or the like). There doesn't seem to be this in other countries. Is the UK a less warm society?:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't feel any kind of pressure to be a sheep; I don't drink, smoke or go clubbing. Depending on who I'm speaking to, that is either met with praise or confusement; never condemnation.
Reply 2
Original post by rajandkwameali
It seems the UK is quite judgmental, if you think about it. OK, human beings are judgmental, that's just a fact of life, but it seems that there is a lot of pressure to live up to (or fit in with) some kind of norm of behaviour (like clubbing or the like). There doesn't seem to be this in other countries. Is the UK a less warm society?:s-smilie:

Are you for real! Stop being a ****. The UK are very friendly and stupid idiots like you trying total bad of us you
Reply 3
Original post by markberry91
Are you for real! Stop being a ****. The UK are very friendly and stupid idiots like you trying total bad of us you

The irony of this post.
Reply 4
Original post by Aj12
The irony of this post.

Same to you. Stop being so judgemental and grow up. idiot
Reply 5
The UK are very friendly and stupid idiots like you trying total bad of us you

are you an idiot?
Reply 6
Same to you. Stop being so judgemental and grow up. idiot

:facepalm2:
Reply 7
Possibly. I won't lie and say I've never felt like I need to fit in due to other people but there are plenty who do accept you for who you are too.
Reply 8
Judging by this thread so far, nope.

I suggest you visit Russia and sample their stabby version of a hello, with which many foreigners are greeted. Then head over to South America, experience a kidnapping and a period of melting in an acid vat. Then try the Middle East, and stone a woman for a bit of touchy feely then head back to your compound to smoke opium. Try South Africa for a free carjacking and the rest for buying AK 47s and fending off warlords who want to absorb your powers via a digestion of your head.

edit: don't know why the bad rep. I guess it is from "grass is greener" Peter Pan fans.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Pheylan
are you an idiot?

I didn't say you were an idiot. I said AJ12 is an idiot. look at his quotes he's a dick
Reply 11
I didn't say you were an idiot.

:K:i
Reply 12
Erm no, I don't think so
Reply 13

Double Irony!!!

What does this mean?!
Is there even a point in this thread, or is this just the ramblings of someone who has no friends?
Reply 15
Original post by KingofSpades
I suggest you visit Russia and sample their stabby version of a hello, with which many foreigners are greeted. Then head over to South America, experience a kidnapping and a period of melting in an acid vat. Then try the Middle East, and stone a woman for a bit of touchy feely then head back to your compound to smoke opium. Try South Africa for a free carjacking and the rest for buying AK 47s and fending off warlords who want to absorb your powers via a digestion of your head.

Out of curiosity, have you actually been to any of those countries and had that happen to you?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Yes. We are friendly people.
Yes compared to other countries you could choose to live in :smile:
Reply 18

Are you from Great Britain? If not, may I ask where you are from?
Original post by asparkyn
Out of curiosity, have you actually been to any of those countries and had that happen to you?

no, but can quote that 60% of ethnic Russian visitors have. Likewise, the murder rate is approx 70 times less in cities of the UK when compared with their, by reason of demographic similarities, South American counterparts. You can check dope smoking in the Middle East and carjacking in South Africa for yourself, and I'm sure the market is flooded with semi-non fictional accounts of African warlords and child soldiers, as the news is with the latest purges and acts of piracy.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending