The Student Room Group

Awkward situation

Ok basically Im female and my two best friends are male, our parents have been friends since before we were born so we've all pretty much grown up together. For the purposes of this Ill name them A and B. A recently told me he is gay but doesn't want B to know as Im the only person he's told, I generally felt a bit uncomfortable not telling B just because we are all very close. Anyway me and A have been spending a lot more time together lately and B has been a bit miserable about it, as a result I promised B to make up for it, we went to a party and after many a drinks B told me he really wanted to be with me and was begining to not like how much time I was spending with A. I like B but I don't I want to complicate things further - heck the only thing that's ever happened between us was when I was about 5 and he kissed me on the cheek at my birthday party...
The three of us have been best friends forever but it all seems a bit of a mess right now, as of last month everything was fine.....
Reply 1
create a love triangle

it works all the time
Reply 2
Sounds pretty straight forward to me. A has told you something in confidence, which you haven't divulged and are presumably not intending to.

B tells you he has feelings for you which you sound like you can't reciprocate at the moment. Make that clear to him and hope you can all remain friends.

Sadly life never goes backwards. It will never be the same as last month, but try to embrace the new dynamic in your friendship with them if you can.
Reply 3
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
This is a bit like Harry Potter apart from the whole gay thing. You're Hermione, A is Harry and B is Ron. :pierre:

B, I guess, thinks that you and A are close in a non-friends sort of way and is beginning to realise he likes you in a non-friends kind of way - but he doesn't know A is gay so you're not really close in a non-friends sort of way. Tell A to tell B he is gay. That will clear up the misunderstanding and if you don't want to be in a relationship with be, tell him straight you want to be friends only and you don't see him in that way.

Haha - Ive never watched Harry Potter but Ill take your word for it :wink:

But yeah I think you've pretty much summed up the whole situation there.....Im pretty sure B thinks something is going on with me and A. A says he isn't ready for anyone else to know at the moment...:s-smilie:
Well if you want to be with B then it's okay because in a way you have to kind of see it as that things and time moves on, situations change and its okay for dynamics within friendship groups to change... so do what you feel is best :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Do you see B in a non-friend sort of way?

If A isn't ready, then you need to convince B than you don't see him or A in that light - and they are more like brothers to you.

Yeah I suppose they are pretty much like my brothers...Im an only child so it was always them who I played with when I was little... I think if me andB hadnt of been friends for as long as we have then maybe something could have happened but I know that it just wouldn't be right in the situation
Well just tell B that you just want to remain friends (if you don't like him in that way) or that you're not ready for that kind of commitment (if you do like him but want to wait a while)! & you still don't have to tell B that A is gay, just let things happen of their own accord! If it turns out that you & B start dating then maybe that will somehow give A the confidence he needs to tell B the truth, that he's gay!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending