The Student Room Group

Wanna let a girl know i like her

Really wanna subtly drop hints to this girl that ive been texting from uni that i like her, hopefully prompting her to say the same back. Its only been a few days but i dunno what to say sometimes. I see her often enough at uni, but I just wanna try and take it further. My main problem is that im incredibly shy and scared of rejection due to a passed experience. If you were a girl and I texted you out of the blue every other day or whatever, what would you think of that... desperate of what ?
Reply 1
"Hey, I like you, fancy going out for a drink sometime?".

I know its tough to string that together as a coherent sentence, but it is possible, even in front of a girl!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Really wanna subtly drop hints to this girl that ive been texting from uni that i like her, hopefully prompting her to say the same back. Its only been a few days but i dunno what to say sometimes. I see her often enough at uni, but I just wanna try and take it further. My main problem is that im incredibly shy and scared of rejection due to a passed experience. If you were a girl and I texted you out of the blue every other day or whatever, what would you think of that... desperate of what ?

You need to pull her hair and throw paper aeroplanes at her and maybe push her into the mud. Then she'll know you like her.

I don't think that texting out of the blue is necessarily desperate, it sounds kind of sweet actually, as long as the attention is wanted. Does she text back? If not then I think you're getting the idea. If so then go for it bro. What about something like "I hope you don't think this is too forward but I really like you. Do you fancy going for a drink sometime?" So simple. Easy to say, only hard because you fear the answer.
Reply 3
Original post by Rubgish
"Hey, I like you, fancy going out for a drink sometime?".

Now I look like a stalker. Thanks a bunch bro
Reply 4
Original post by derp
Now I look like a stalker. Thanks a bunch bro

Some girls dig that kind of thing. You just got to find the kind of girl that looks like she wants to be stalked. :cool:
Reply 5
How close are you to her? How often do you guys text and how long for? If you've been talking occasionally for around a month then I'd say now is the right time to say lets go for a coffee/movie/bite to eat.. She'l regard it as progress in the bond between you two without you looking like you're too eager!
Why not offer to go for a drink with her, even if she then says no, at least you then know she ain't interested, but as they say if you don't ask, you won't know.
Reply 7
well she text me earlier i text her and so forth, but im just too shy to just start texting her from no where lol... Ideally i would like her to want me to text her eventually or like me more than just ''that guy'' lol
Reply 8
Well you'l need a bit of 'cyber balls' and text her randomly too like she does to you. You can't expect her to always start the text runs.. If you want to be known as something more a good thing to do is talk about more personal things as opposed to general talk. Ask her about her family, try and know about her ex's and any problems shes had with friends etc. You need to talk to her in ways such that she realises that you're a good person to confide in.
Reply 9
Original post by newlife
Well you'l need a bit of 'cyber balls' and text her randomly too like she does to you. You can't expect her to always start the text runs.. If you want to be known as something more a good thing to do is talk about more personal things as opposed to general talk. Ask her about her family, try and know about her ex's and any problems shes had with friends etc. You need to talk to her in ways such that she realises that you're a good person to confide in.

FRIEND ZONE. keep it light and don't and i repeat DO NOT venture into ex boyfriend territory. come on tsr, this is simple stuff!

Flirt, tease, insinuate, invite her along with you to cinema/park/drink whatever so even if she says no you can make out you were going anyway...good luck :smile:
I'm jealous! I wish a guy would text me that often! Unless it was bordering obsessive texting! Every other day seems fine tho! Does she reply back tho & seem intersted in you or does she try to subtly end the conversation or text back with short replies? If you like her then don't wait a sec longer! Just ask her what she's doing at the weekend & then ask her out to the cinema or something!

God if a guy liked me, I'd hate to not know, not know how much he liked me & wanted to ask me out!! I'd want to know!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending