The Student Room Group

The big wikileaks thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by ch0llima
The password for the insurance file isn't hunter2, sadly.

Have you tried abc123?

Or perhaps apple?
Original post by G8D
It's password123, jeez-o.

lol thats a good one:biggrin:
Reply 642
I've been on one of the wikileaks mirrors and my, my - it's much more interesting then the government controlled PR service guardian/telegraph et al.

I saw a particular gem that'll interest everyone with a gmail account.

Monday August 31, 2009

By Julian Assange (WikiLeaks)

A California court has issued a subpoena demanding Google reveal the IP addresses of journalists writing for a corruption busting journal from the Caribbean.

The August 28 subpoena, issued by the Superior Court, County of Santa Clara, as part of a "libel tourism" action taken by non-US property developers, demands detailed information about the operators of "[email protected]". The account is the main email address of the TCI Journal, the most influential journal covering the Turks & Caicos Islands. The Islands are a tourist mecca and tax haven in the Caribbean sea, and until August 14 were an independent British protectorate.

Exposures in the Journal culminated in a dramatic UK takeover of the Islands on August 14.

A trail of evidence dug up by the TCI Journal, a UK commission of inquiry, and others, showed that foreign property developers were giving millions in secret loans and payments to senior Islander politicians, including an alleged $500,000 cash payment to the Island's now former Premier, Michael Misick.

According to the notifying letter from Google to the journal, Google intends to hand over the requested records without defense and suggests that the Journal file a counter-motion with the Santa-Clara court itself.

Well well, I think it's about time gmail kissed goodbye to my account then if this is their behaviour - handing over IPs of investigative journalists? Why would they conspire to hide corruption?

Perhaps, some of you may reasonably wonder why I just called the Guardian/Telegraph government PR rags?

Story here

a leaked WikiLeaks report, the so-called "Minton report", which exposed a toxic dumping disaster inflicted on the Ivory Coast by oil trading giant Trafigura and its contractors and hospitalized up to 100,000 people......the secret gag order against the report, granted on September 11, remains in effect, and entirely prevents the reporting of the report's contents. It is not the only one. Last month, the Guardian revealed that it had been served with 10 secret gag orders—so-called "super-injunctions"— since January. In 2008, the paper was served with six. In 2007, five. Haven't heard of these? Of course not, these are secret gag orders

What kind of ****ed up country do we live in where the press can't even report on corporate terrorism (hospitalizing up to 100,000 people ?!). The only real press left is wikileaks.

People who read the Times, Guardian, Telegraph and similar newspapers - enjoy your 'truth'. What's the Russian word for that again? Ah, yes. Pravda.
Reply 643
Original post by MoanyLisa
John Humphrey's interviews Julian Assange.
- Assane says it is likely the woman are being pressurised, and may be 'victims in this process,". Which is why he hasn't said anything against them.
- He also says some people affiliated with his organisation have been assassinated. But does not elaborate.

Some of Humphrey's questions are :lolwut:.
Including, "How many women have you slept with?"

Assassinated?

Don't really know what to say about that. If you read through the wikileaks site (not cable gate, but the other leaks) it becomes extremely plausible that this would of happened.

It seems that Assanage being in the open as a media face might of saved his life rather then cost it (yet to be determined, since if the Americans get him via Sweden he's as good as dead in an American prison).

I think the way the media are covering wikileaks really shows them in their true colours. I don't really want to use their services that much any more - what's the point if you can't trust them?

The Humphrey's of the world are showing the ugly face of state-corporatism media domination. Must find an alternative.

It's a bit of a surprise after that newsnight interview a few nights ago with the obviously bull**** biased interviewer. Something is going on here - it's not just an "establishment response", strings are being pulled and people are being leaned on.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by RyanT
I've been on one of the wikileaks mirrors and my, my - it's much more interesting then the government controlled PR service guardian/telegraph et al.

I saw a particular gem that'll interest everyone with a gmail account.

Monday August 31, 2009

By Julian Assange (WikiLeaks)

A California court has issued a subpoena demanding Google reveal the IP addresses of journalists writing for a corruption busting journal from the Caribbean.

The August 28 subpoena, issued by the Superior Court, County of Santa Clara, as part of a "libel tourism" action taken by non-US property developers, demands detailed information about the operators of "[email protected]". The account is the main email address of the TCI Journal, the most influential journal covering the Turks & Caicos Islands. The Islands are a tourist mecca and tax haven in the Caribbean sea, and until August 14 were an independent British protectorate.

Exposures in the Journal culminated in a dramatic UK takeover of the Islands on August 14.

A trail of evidence dug up by the TCI Journal, a UK commission of inquiry, and others, showed that foreign property developers were giving millions in secret loans and payments to senior Islander politicians, including an alleged $500,000 cash payment to the Island's now former Premier, Michael Misick.

According to the notifying letter from Google to the journal, Google intends to hand over the requested records without defense and suggests that the Journal file a counter-motion with the Santa-Clara court itself.

Well well, I think it's about time gmail kissed goodbye to my account then if this is their behaviour - handing over IPs of investigative journalists? Why would they conspire to hide corruption?

Perhaps, some of you may reasonably wonder why I just called the Guardian/Telegraph government PR rags?

Story here

a leaked WikiLeaks report, the so-called "Minton report", which exposed a toxic dumping disaster inflicted on the Ivory Coast by oil trading giant Trafigura and its contractors and hospitalized up to 100,000 people......the secret gag order against the report, granted on September 11, remains in effect, and entirely prevents the reporting of the report's contents. It is not the only one. Last month, the Guardian revealed that it had been served with 10 secret gag orders—so-called "super-injunctions"— since January. In 2008, the paper was served with six. In 2007, five. Haven't heard of these? Of course not, these are secret gag orders

What kind of ****ed up country do we live in where the press can't even report on corporate terrorism (hospitalizing up to 100,000 people ?!). The only real press left is wikileaks.

People who read the Times, Guardian, Telegraph and similar newspapers - enjoy your 'truth'. What's the Russian word for that again? Ah, yes. Pravda.

I think most poeple had the suspicion that news stories were being hidden before, but to the extent of 100, 000 people being injured is just mad.
Any suggestions of where I should get my news from then?
whats the latest leaks ppl?
Assange interviewed on Al-Jazeera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6mcSXge4Qo

He is the only person in the world who can make "bamboozled" sound intellectual and sophisticated. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
This is my favourite interview of his so far.

With Cenk Uygur (:dance::excited:) on MSNBC:

I'm glad Cenk didn't concentrate on the Swedish charges.
Assange raised some excellent points.

can you watch this tv station online? :confused:
Are you referring to MSNBC or The Young Turks? TYT is on the net (at least in clip parts), and MSNBC is on American TV.

The one where he did the interview? :wink:
The clip is from The Young Turks an internet/radio show. The host of the young turks Cenk Uygur was a guest host on the Dylan Ratigan show on MSNBC, when this interview was done. I've never looked into watching american news stations online so I wouldn't know how to help you :wink:

lol its alrite
ps nice to meet you monaylisa :colondollar:
Reply 650
Has anyone downloaded that file Wikileaks put up on PirateBay? Apparently if Julian Assange is killed, you'll be able to open up the file. It's all rather intriguing.
On a side note. If rumours are true that Turkey has aided Al Qaida, what should be done with our Nato ally?
And what of the alleged 'corrupt senior politicians'?

Turkey aided al quaieda WTF **** right off with that suggestion.

This is why I think wikileaks is just a propaganda machine. Oh but I was flamed on my thread about it wasnt I

Oh and Al Quaieda questionably doesnt even exist/exists solely for the use of the US government.
(edited 13 years ago)
where are the other 2?
Reply 652
News on this has completely dropped off a cliff. I don't believe the scandals have all been dug up out of 250,000 cables.

We can consider the 20th December - 24th December to be the time when a super-injunction was put in against wikileaks in the British press completely gagging it as part of its subserviant role as the laptop of the British fascist state acting in league with the American Empire.
Fair play, he is going to get over 1 mil for his book. Genius.
Reply 654
This is my favourite interview of his so far.

With Cenk Uygur (:dance::excited:) on MSNBC:

I'm glad Cenk didn't concentrate on the Swedish charges.
Assange raised some excellent points.

<3
Cenk guy?
Original post by G8D
Cenk guy.

yeah who is he? :s-smilie:
Original post by G8D
idek

whos idek? :eek:
Reply 658
Original post by blueray
yeah who is he? :s-smilie:

The journalist from The Young Turks. Turkish descendant, studied law at Havard, and now is the most open minded liberal in the USA some say.Watch his youtube channel, he makes USA politics look like a joke.
Reply 659
LOL WTF! I can't believe I haven't seen this before hahahaha.

Skip to 5:00

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending