The Student Room Group

Wtf am I to him?- he didnt even wish me a merry xmas boohoo.

My friend- well so I think is my friend, is really ticking me off.

He and I were friends for many years, he was that guy I would always go to for guy advice, and I was that girl he would go for girl advice, I've actually told him stuff I've never told anyone else, that's how close I felt to him. And then a couple months ago our friendship began to change. He started telling he cared for me, and that he loved me more than a friend. Even though I loved him, I didnt want a relationship, and he moved on. After all that, I noticed that we didnt talk as much, and one day I couldnt take it anymore because it really bothered me, it's like I have to beg him to talk to me. So one day I couldnt take it anymore, I told him how I felt....I told him it was like he didnt even care to talk to me anymore he just said that he didnt realize, and apologize.

I msged him on msn last week, and everything was cool, we were talking about a friend of ours who is "obsessed" with me which lead to him saying " I dont know why you never took me serious" (he means because while he trying to hook up with me I would brush him off I guess, he wouldnt really tell me what he meant). He says **** like " how's your boyfriend", when he fully knows I dont have one. I straight up asked him if he still liked me and he replied saying " dude, you rejected me why do you care"- he changed the subject. I know he's been going out with other girls, I dont know if that's why he's been to busy to talk to me or what Im pretty sure that's the reason, thats what my gutt is telling me. That's why im like wtf- another female comes into the picture and you're to busy to even say hi to me? Im not jealous by the way, I mean I still give him advice when he needs it about other girls- is that all im good for...we use to talk for HOURS...now he needs advice, I give it to him, and he's done with me.

I dont know wtf is going on, im sick of begging to talk to him after this thread im not thinking about it, or making anymore effort to talk to him. If he doesnt give a damn, I dont give a ****. OH and btw, he didnt even wish me a Merry Christmas--- wow after writing all that it's pretty clear that he doesnt care, not as much as I do. He said he'd be my homie for life:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by xobeauty
X

People change, move on.
Original post by rhinger
Right now, he's taking revenge for you "rejecting" him. So he's luring you back, forcing you to talk to him, but he's 'rejecting' you back now.

All is fair in love and war...

yea eh? maybe.
He's been at it for a while tho...
if that's the case he needs to get over it already, he's ruining our friendship- which I think means more to me than it does to him.
Reply 3

He and I were friends for many years, he was that guy I would always go to for guy advice, and I was that girl he would go for girl advice, I've actually told him stuff I've never told anyone else, that's how close I felt to him. And then a couple months ago our friendship began to change. He started telling he cared for me, and that he loved me more than a friend. Even though I loved him, I didnt want a relationship, and he moved on. After all that, I noticed that we didnt talk as much, and one day I couldnt take it anymore because it really bothered me, it's like I have to beg him to talk to me. So one day I couldnt take it anymore, I told him how I felt....I told him it was like he didnt even care to talk to me anymore he just said that he didnt realize, and apologize.

I msged him on msn last week, and everything was cool, we were talking about a friend of ours who is "obsessed" with me which lead to him saying " I dont know why you never took me serious" (he means because while he trying to hook up with me I would brush him off I guess, he wouldnt really tell me what he meant). He says **** like " how's your boyfriend", when he fully knows I dont have one. I straight up asked him if he still liked me and he replied saying " dude, you rejected me why do you care"- he changed the subject. I know he's been going out with other girls, I dont know if that's why he's been to busy to talk to me or what Im pretty sure that's the reason, thats what my gutt is telling me. That's why im like wtf- another female comes into the picture and you're to busy to even say hi to me? Im not jealous by the way, I mean I still give him advice when he needs it about other girls- is that all im good for...we use to talk for HOURS...now he needs advice, I give it to him, and he's done with me.

I dont know wtf is going on, im sick of begging to talk to him after this thread im not thinking about it, or making anymore effort to talk to him. If he doesnt give a damn, I dont give a ****. OH and btw, he didnt even wish me a Merry Christmas--- wow after writing all that it's pretty clear that he doesnt care, not as much as I do. He said he'd be my homie for life:frown:

= Only use to talk to you about problems, when he had options, now realised he fancied you, you rejected, probably doesn't like playing second fiddle, did the right thing by less contact, if it affects you so much you have feelings for him DONE, real talk just either get with the guy or let him go.
Reply 4
He's trying to protect himself and his feelings, by distancing himself; it's very hard trying to maintain a friendship with someone when you have feelings for them, and they don't reciprocate.

Isn't it obvious?
When I ask him, he just says " oh I didnt realize, sorry"- which leads me to think that he doesnt care.
Original post by Balaban
= Only use to talk to you about problems, when he had options, now realised he fancied you, you rejected, probably doesn't like playing second fiddle, did the right thing by less contact, if it affects you so much you have feelings for him DONE, real talk just either get with the guy or let him go.

Get with him- he's moved on, he's been talking to other girls, I dont think he wants me like that anymore. And it's hard to let him go because we've been friends forever. Im actually starting to hate the dude.
Reply 7
Well you friendzoned him. He's probably still upset, and isn't interested in you as anything less than a girlfriend, and has given up on you. Sorry.

Source: Being the person that all the 'nice guys' flock to to say 'waaah I've been friendzoned ;_; i've been a really good friend and acting like nothing but a friend this whole time and she doesn't like me romantically WHYYY'.

Right now, he's taking revenge for you "rejecting" him. So he's luring you back, forcing you to talk to him, but he's 'rejecting' you back now.

All is fair in love and war...

This.

NEGGERS: My reputation is -298 so you tell me if a give a "censored word" wich button you click. :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
yea eh? maybe.
He's been at it for a while tho...
if that's the case he needs to get over it already, he's ruining our friendship- which I think means more to me than it does to him.

Let him go or get ready to be emotionally manipulated. I would watch out with guys who hold grudge (no joking). Watch your back when you two are alone. He might resort to some dirty tricks.
Reply 10
Original post by wassupjg
He's trying to protect himself and his feelings, by distancing himself; it's very hard trying to maintain a friendship with someone when you have feelings for them, and they don't reciprocate.

Isn't it obvious?

That's what I think. Unfortunately, he probably sees himself as a friend and not a special friend now, because you rejected him.

Don't get mad- you clearly have feelings or you wouldn't notice that he hadnt wished you merry christmas. I couldn't tell you who wished me merry christmas to be honest. But there is one person who is a close friend who I know didn't, so I do know how you feel (well I think I do). It is a tragic truism that it takes two to tango- if he's not playing ball, what can you do? But don't hate him: you'll live to regret it.

My situation is somewhat similar to yours.

I lost the best friend I'll ever have because I developed more than feelings of friendship for her. Not my fault really, she's absolutely perfect.

It hurts, a lot. Going from talking to her for hours, like literally, 8, 9, 10 hours, all nighters and being really close to having that all taken away is really painful. I imagine he still cares, I still care deeply for my friend but the friendship, or at least its former state is completely irreparable.

For him it could be that talking to you is too awkward and too painful. Hope this helps, hate hearing about things like this :frown:
Reply 12
He's blatantly hurt and not over you.

Suppose you loved/fancied/had-feelings-for him and he rejected you, would you feel happy talking about someone who fancies him? No.

Id say he's fustrated that you can like someone else but not him; whats he done wrong? Whys this other guy better? etc.. And because he knows you so well he might even be subcontiously scared for you; what if this new guys disrespectful and doesn't treat you well?

All these things could be confusing and upsetting him at the moment.. and the only way he'l get over it is by loosing contact with you and therefore losing his feelings for you. Then maybe you could become friends again.

OR he can realise whats happening, accept that theres plenty of woman out there for him, that your not the only one and you can both become friends again :smile:

Though id say a part of him would always wonder why you dont like him like 'that'.

..Or not :P
Reply 13
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Let him go or get ready to be emotionally manipulated. I would watch out with guys who hold grudge (no joking). Watch your back when you two are alone. He might resort to some dirty tricks.

I don't think he's playing a trick. He was interested but got turned down so he's moved on. He no longer wants to just be good friends and anything physical is out of the window apparently. Like TS said, he's going out with other chicks. Smart guy in that respect.

I wouldn't want to continue a friendship knowing that the feelings on either side are not equal either. No games, just not wanting to waste time on someone who can't give you what you want.
Reply 14
Get with him- he's moved on, he's been talking to other girls, I dont think he wants me like that anymore. And it's hard to let him go because we've been friends forever. Im actually starting to hate the dude.

oh well missed your chance, unlucky kentucky, we aren't gonna wait around for ever sometimes you girls need to seize the moment, ON ON TO THE NEXT ONE
Time to make some new friend
Original post by Breedlove
I don't think he's playing a trick. He was interested but got turned down so he's moved on. He no longer wants to just be good friends and anything physical is out of the window apparently. Like TS said, he's going out with other chicks. Smart guy in that respect.

I wouldn't want to continue a friendship knowing that the feelings on either side are not equal either. No games, just not wanting to waste time on someone who can't give you what you want.

If you have a chick you still can see her as a friend

whom sometimes you might have agreed sex with.
Original post by ilickbatteries
My situation is somewhat similar to yours.

I lost the best friend I'll ever have because I developed more than feelings of friendship for her. Not my fault really, she's absolutely perfect.

It hurts, a lot. Going from talking to her for hours, like literally, 8, 9, 10 hours, all nighters and being really close to having that all taken away is really painful. I imagine he still cares, I still care deeply for my friend but the friendship, or at least its former state is completely irreparable.

For him it could be that talking to you is too awkward and too painful. Hope this helps, hate hearing about things like this :frown:

Do you think once you're over her, that maybe you guys could be close as you use to be? He and I still talk here and there, you guys dont talk at all anymore?
I've been in the same situation although a guy was a very good friend, it was clearly looking like not just friends but more, when I asked where things were going it changed things. We're not even friends anymore. He didn't even say Happy Birthday to me after I told it to him twice and told him I appreciate him being there for me as a good mate a lot.

Feel what yer going through OP *hugs*

In your case I think it maybe a lot to do with his ego, asking you then feeling rejected. He maybe doesn't wanna talk even as friends because he doesn't wanna just be friends, is let down that he can't have you? I would just try to talk to him about it if it is possible... otherwise move on :frown:

:smile: If you're really good friends then try to maybe settle and negotiate that with him, if he can understand. Otherwise after trying there isn't much that can be done.
Do you think once you're over her, that maybe you guys could be close as you use to be? He and I still talk here and there, you guys dont talk at all anymore?

I don't know if I'll ever be over her. I know that sounds horrid and creepy, it really isn't. Just I fell so damn hard for her. She's engaged now, baby on the way. She's only 19 as well so I don't see us ever rekindling the friendship. I'd love to see her again but I honestly don't think I ever will.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending