The Student Room Group

So what's the deal with this girl?

Where do I even start? I really liked/like this girl. She's 24, I'm 21. I told her how I felt around a month ago and said that even though I liked her, we should get to know each other a bit before we start going out. She said she didn't quite have those feelings for me. I was gutted but still decided to be friends with her. She then moved to another city for 2 months.
It's been 3 weeks now that she's moved away. She's coming back in the beginning of February. Her rates per text have gone up a lot since she's in another city(we live in India) yet she texts me atleast 4-5 times a day. Whenever she sees me on facebook, she always starts a conversation. We're really close and not a day goes by when we don't talk.
I"m thinking, could she be starting to like me now? Should I tell her again how I feel and see where this goes or will it be a potentially devastating blow to our friendship?
Also, even though I live in India, I plan to study in the UK next year which is why I've joined this forum.
Reply 1
Anyone?
She seems quite nice. Since you told her how you felt a while ago without really any awkwardness, and instead became good friends through telling her how you felt, I don't see a big threat to your friendship with her if you told her again.

I say, go for it.
Reply 3
don't give a **** about your friendship mate, if you still like her make a move, if she doesn't reciprocate she's not worth your time. You've probably been friendzoned though imo
Reply 4
Maybe she thinks you two are really good friends? and just that
If she's interested and she knows you're interested she will probably make a move or give you signals. So if you care about the friendship don't pounce on her, in case she's not interested.
Reply 6
Original post by HannieTheConqueror
If she's interested and she knows you're interested she will probably make a move or give you signals. So if you care about the friendship don't pounce on her, in case she's not interested.

Will she really? Maybe she thinks that I just think we're friends because she said no earlier?
I'm in a relatively similar situation and all I can say is it'd feel a whole lot better to get it out in the open. The sooner you find out the good/bad news, the sooner you can move on in whichever direction it happens to go. If she says no then at least you have the friendship and you can move on, if she says yes, jackpot :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Fire_eyed_boy
I'm in a relatively similar situation and all I can say is it'd feel a whole lot better to get it out in the open. The sooner you find out the good/bad news, the sooner you can move on in whichever direction it happens to go. If she says no then at least you have the friendship and you can move on, if she says yes, jackpot :smile:

She's already said no once, though I feel she may say yes this time around.
Original post by ingerland89
Will she really? Maybe she thinks that I just think we're friends because she said no earlier?

She's not going to assume that you've lost interest after just a month.
Good luck with that
Reply 11
Original post by boromir9111
Good luck with that

thanks
Reply 12
You'll never know until you try :smile: if you think you might regret not asking now and will wonder 'what if', just go for it. Seize the day! Live dangerously. :smile:
Original post by ingerland89
Where do I even start? I really liked/like this girl. She's 24, I'm 21. I told her how I felt around a month ago and said that even though I liked her, we should get to know each other a bit before we start going out. She said she didn't quite have those feelings for me. I was gutted but still decided to be friends with her. She then moved to another city for 2 months.
It's been 3 weeks now that she's moved away. She's coming back in the beginning of February. Her rates per text have gone up a lot since she's in another city(we live in India) yet she texts me atleast 4-5 times a day. Whenever she sees me on facebook, she always starts a conversation. We're really close and not a day goes by when we don't talk.
I"m thinking, could she be starting to like me now? Should I tell her again how I feel and see where this goes or will it be a potentially devastating blow to our friendship?
Also, even though I live in India, I plan to study in the UK next year which is why I've joined this forum.

Maybe you are growing on her but don't say how you feel about her until it's really obvious.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe you are growing on her but don't say how you feel about her until it's really obvious.

i'm going to tell her tonight..through text though.
Reply 15
Original post by RighteousMack487
Good luck!!!

9 year old thread :shakecane:

Latest

Trending

Trending