The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drakesdrum
Oh! Thank you for the info, that will help tonight a little. How much extra are we talking here?

er, bank holiday premium... not sure how much it is though. it is either £1.50 or £2.50 but i can't remember
Reply 7301
Well bank holiday premium is 1.5x, but I don't know if that's counted before the night shift premium or after it.
Reply 7302
Does the discount ever go above 15%?
Reply 7303
Original post by odris
Does the discount ever go above 15%?

It went to 20% one Easter but that was because we did really well over the Christmas period. Never know, might happen again this year.
Thank god it's over until Saturday,, phew..
Original post by FXX
Well bank holiday premium is 1.5x, but I don't know if that's counted before the night shift premium or after it.

oh, knew it was something like that! i am pretty sure it is before the night shift premium
Reply 7306
Anyone know when next pay day is?
Reply 7307
This Friday.
Original post by TowlerTQ
Anyone know when next pay day is?

Its suppose to be on friday but up on the board in my work it says the 30th.
i haven't had a board up so i presume mine's still friday
Reply 7310
Hey guys I went to sainsburys today and I noticed one of the cashier was having an arguement with 2 girls (customers.) To begin with it wasnt the cashiers fault as the girls were being so akward..but the cashier got REALLY akward back..but then she swore at the customers..what would happen to her? Her managers took her side saying she was provoked..lol still very unproffesional? I personally think the managers made the situation worse and they were very rowdy..lol
Reply 7311
Original post by c101
Hey guys I went to sainsburys today and I noticed one of the cashier was having an arguement with 2 girls (customers.) To begin with it wasnt the cashiers fault as the girls were being so akward..but the cashier got REALLY akward back..but then she swore at the customers..what would happen to her? Her managers took her side saying she was provoked..lol still very unproffesional? I personally think the managers made the situation worse and they were very rowdy..lol

You mean, they were being human? Good god! That isn't allowed at Sainsburys....
Original post by c101

personally i think the cashier has every right - no company will tolerate abuse towards its staff.
Reply 7313
Original post by FXX
You mean, they were being human? Good god! That isn't allowed at Sainsburys....

Lol as I said it was the customers fault to begin with but then the cashier just start swearing IN FRONT OF OTHER CUSTOMERS....All the managers that needed to do was listen to the customer and offer a solution instead they start calling the customers childish and pathetic which only made the situation worse
Original post by c101
Lol as I said it was the customers fault to begin with but then the cashier just start swearing IN FRONT OF OTHER CUSTOMERS....All the managers that needed to do was listen to the customer and offer a solution instead they start calling the customers childish and pathetic which only made the situation worse

Omg call the police!!

nah i kid i kid, depends what you class as swearing, if they told them to f off then yeah fair enough. We had a grumpy old cow on self scan other day moaning at a member of staff coz it kept saying unknown item in bagging area, and my supervisor literally owned her was amazing, she stfu immediately and went bright red and left lol
(edited 13 years ago)
Urm, I'm a temp and I got a letter saying I finish working on the 1st Jan so do I go in Saturday or not? As I do night shifts I wasn't sure as it will be the 2nd after it hits midnight? :P
Original post by ShiFty Kid
Urm, I'm a temp and I got a letter saying I finish working on the 1st Jan so do I go in Saturday or not? As I do night shifts I wasn't sure as it will be the 2nd after it hits midnight? :P

yeah that will be your last shift.
Original post by inksplodge
yeah that will be your last shift.

Oh ok that's good :smile: At least that'll be another £75 :smile:
Reply 7318
Do we get paid paid this Friday? A colleague mentioned last year it was paid earlier at new year.
Need help here folks about my 'rights at work'.

Our Christmas overtime sheets were up well in advance so several weeks ago I had agreed to do the shifts on the sheet. I've agreed to stay an extra hour or to or do an extra shift if we're short on numbers and have generally did a lot of favours for Sainsbury's.

However, tonight I went to clarify what shifts I was doing this week and see if there were any more but to my annoyance I found out that they've changed my Thursday 4-10 to 4-8 and Friday (New Year's Eve) 2-6 to 2-7 without telling me. I have not agreed to these hours and they have did this behind my back, what can I do about this?

If they had simply asked me then I would have changed the shifts no problem at all but it's the fact that they have changed them without my consent that has annoyed me and I am not having it

Latest

Trending

Trending