The Student Room Group

"People saying bad stuff about us should be shot" says £30,000 benefits claimant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Shame his "bad back" doesn't make it too painful for him to have sex.
Take the kids from them, force the mother into cheap labour in a Chinese sweatshop and then injure the mans back. :colonhash:
Original post by Ataloss
Shame his "bad back" doesn't make it too painful for him to have sex.

haha..good one :smile:
Original post by Liam 09
Bad back since 1999, that is classic.
Seriously have these people not heard of contraception?
Then maybe they could have had a couple of kids and worked hard for a living..

Haha yeah, the case of the 'bad back. Seriously...my aunt has no legs and can't walk properly yet chooses to work 9-5 when she could easily claim incapacity benefit and live sufficiently.

The odd cases like this are total bs...ok maybe he can't do physical jobs but surely can work at home from a computer, for example.
Reply 24
I'm going to have to say that people like this ( and yes he is in the minority) really brass me off!!. For crying out loud contraception is FREE....there really is no need to have 15 children.The guy is obviously lying about his bad back, he can have sex without any problems so it cant hurt him that much!.They get 30k a year for doing diddly squat......seriously they are extracting the urine out of the system.

I think that the government ought to stop child benefit after the second child personally.A lot of people fail to see that the more children you have the more in other benefits you can receive too.

I bet they wouldnt have 15 kids if they were both employed!!!
Original post by ForGreatJustice
They get £30,000, thats how they manage to afford food

Or am I missing the point of your post (likely since i'm tired)?

They must have other expenses aside from food though.

And it's twelve of them... It costs my family £200 per week for food for four of us, so for them it would be like £600... that's £31,200 a year. Uhh.

They must shop at Lidl or something.
Original post by Diffusion
Haha yeah, the case of the 'bad back. Seriously...my aunt has no legs and can't walk properly yet chooses to work 9-5 when she could easily claim incapacity benefit and live sufficiently.

The odd cases like this are total bs...ok maybe he can't do physical jobs but surely can work at home from a computer, for example.

Working 9 to 5?
What a way to make a living.
Barely gettin by,
It's all taking and no giving!
Reply 27
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
They must have other expenses aside from food though.

And it's twelve of them... It costs my family £200 per week for food for four of us, so for them it would be like £600... that's £31,200 a year. Uhh.

They must shop at Lidl or something.

Your food bill is ****ed up.

Either your parents are alcholics and calling it "food" or you're all morbidly obsese and shop at Waitrose. :lolwut: [no honestly, a family can happily eat on £100 / week. Obvs not the clan featured in the article but 200/week would probably cover it. I don't think parents like that buy their children steaks all the time - do you? ]

Their costs are very managable when you take into account that their housing costs are paid for.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by RyanT
Your food bill is ****ed up.

Either your parents are alcholics and calling it "food" or you're all morbidly obsese and shop at Waitrose. :lolwut: [no honestly, a family can happily eat on £100 / week. Obvs not the clan featured in the article but 200/week would probably cover it. I don't think parents like that buy their children steaks all the time - do you? ]

Their costs are very managable when you take into account that their housing costs are paid for.

Mfw I literally eat venison every day :sexface:

And when I shop at Waitrose :lolwut:

Are you stalking me?
Original post by lonely14
Torries will sort them out. :h:

This has made me laugh. :biggrin:
Honestly, if I was that mum, I wouldn't even be bothered serving food anymore. I'd just buy a trough, pour it all in and ring a bell at dinner time.
Reply 31
Of course these people could work and should work, but they have realised that life is better on benefits.

Why work for minimum wage and bring home £200 a week when you can get 30k on benefits ?
If you can't afford to have children, then DON'T HAVE THEM! Definitely don't have 15!! Oh yeah, I'm sure his back is so bad that he can have enough sex to conceive 15 children!!
This disgusts me. A free five bedroom house?
Reply 33
State-sponsored castration, anyone?
Original post by shadow99
Of course these people could work and should work, but they have realised that life is better on benefits.

Why work for minimum wage and bring home £200 a week when you can get 30k on benefits ?

Self respect?
Original post by Lemons
What do they do with themselves?
I would hate to be unemployed just because there would be eff all to do. Also, he is clearly lying and can work. Like Wagner from X factor :biggrin:

Well they do have 15 children - I think that would keep them fairly busy.
Reply 36
I feel very sorry for the kids. Mammy and Daddy are wasters!
Original post by hufflepuffer
Well they do have 15 children - I think that would keep them fairly busy.

Implying that they don't neglect and or rape them :lolwut:
Original post by shadow99

To have an ounce of self-respect and contribute to society?
I love that out of 50 odd responses only one person has chosen "what a lad".

My faith in TSR is somewhat restored.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending