The Student Room Group

my gf said I should take her name if we get married

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
You know you could just both keep your own names. Marriage doesn't force anybody to change their name, or at least you don't have to if you don't want to.

Its more any kids and we hate double names
Original post by Yawn11
This is what happens when women are let loose out of bounds of the kitchen and rest of household.

They get these silly ideas in their heads.

what the **** is the world coming to :frown:

THIS

Original post by CalculusMan
Don't marry her.

AND THIS

:biggrin: I think the real question here is, what will you call the kids?
Grab her by the balls and tell her it's tradition to take the mans name! Oh wait....
OP do a poll and lets vote. Personally i think the women should take the mans name.
Original post by DOA
I was speaking about my double surname thread with her and she said she wanted her name to carry on. She said her surname in her branch of the family was going to die out because she only has sisters so she suggested maybe I should take her name. I dont want to take her name because im the only male in my family so my family name would be in as much trouble as hers is now if I dont pass it on. Im thinking of suggesting that the reason the mans name was passed on was because men were the head of the house in those days so im suggesting that who ever earns the least money at that point should take the others last name. I would also say that if we both agree to the least money system then the person on the bad end of that cant argue with it at the time.

I am right not to agree to do this because my name would be as bad as hers if I did it?
What do you think of the person who earns the least changes idea?

WTF! tell her to get on her knees and suck you off... then force her into intercourse while you disrespect her surname. WHY DO YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED ANYWAY? ARE YOU A FAGG0T?
Hypernate your names?
Original post by DOA
We hte doubles, the kids need to have one name so one of us needs to change our name to fit in

so combine your names to make a new name
Take up the more prestigious surname. It's not too hard.
(edited 13 years ago)
Don't do it, next thing you know you'll be the one spending all day in the kitchen and giving her blowjobs
You struck her right?
Original post by DOA
I was speaking about my double surname thread with her and she said she wanted her name to carry on. She said her surname in her branch of the family was going to die out because she only has sisters so she suggested maybe I should take her name. I dont want to take her name because im the only male in my family so my family name would be in as much trouble as hers is now if I dont pass it on. Im thinking of suggesting that the reason the mans name was passed on was because men were the head of the house in those days so im suggesting that who ever earns the least money at that point should take the others last name. I would also say that if we both agree to the least money system then the person on the bad end of that cant argue with it at the time.

I am right not to agree to do this because my name would be as bad as hers if I did it?
What do you think of the person who earns the least changes idea?

What's your last name? What's hers?
Original post by Luceria
This is why it's severely outdated, and it really doesn't matter.

how will we ever have cultural traditions if we brandish them all outdated?
Reply 152
Original post by Rooster523
how will we ever have cultural traditions if we brandish them all outdated?

That is not what I mean, or my point.
Take her name and the terms of your entire marriage are set there and then.
Original post by DOA
Its more any kids and we hate double names

So basically you want to keep your name, she wants to keep her name and you both want the kids to have your respective names ...?

This clearly isn't going to work.
Reply 155
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
So basically you want to keep your name, she wants to keep her name and you both want the kids to have your respective names ...?

This clearly isn't going to work.

Now you understand the problem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending