The Student Room Group

**** end to a **** year

Scroll to see replies

This year has been s*** Hopefully, 2011 will be better! :biggrin:
Reply 21
On reflection my comment was a little harsh so I apologise for that, just think there's always someone worse off and someone better off than you.
Reply 22
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Drunk Punx
See what happens in the years 2013-2016, then report back :colonhash:
You'll probably have at least one bad year in that time.

Edit: I've just run out of rizlas. ****. This hasn't been a good year for me having rizlas when I need them, I must admit.

I know that. You said in your first post that people always say they had a bad year thinking the year after will be better, when you're always going to have bad years. I'm saying just because you're always going to have bad years it's not the same as every year being bad.
Mine promised so much but turned out to be breathtakingly ****. I'm so sorry to hear about all the things you have been through, it makes me seem self-absorbed and egocentric when people do go through so much worse.

I hope that 2011 is better for you-I'm certain that it will be.
Reply 25
Original post by Bakerzoid
I didn't think it was harsh, if it was I've seen far harsher stuff on this site. It is just the simple truth, you can never rely upon getting what you deserve because life is fundamentally random. You can, however, increase the probability of getting what you want, by working hard towards a carefully chosen goal.

That's what I thought but I got flamed for it so. :s-smilie:
Reply 26
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
Think it won't get much worse? well don't blame yourself for everything that goes wrong. Make most of what you could, even then there are times when we all wish to have a crystal ball; to escape the present, but until then... hold on tight there buddy. :smile:

Most stuff you mentioned are outwith your control, in fairness - believe me life could be pretty messy, and I've had far worse four years ago. :biggrin: All that matters, is how you choose to deal with the future.
Original post by alibobs
I know that. You said in your first post that people always say they had a bad year thinking the year after will be better, when you're always going to have bad years. I'm saying just because you're always going to have bad years it's not the same as every year being bad.

I never said every year was bad... I stated that people always complain about how bad a year has been and that the next year will always be better.
While I admire their optimism, they're going to have plenty of bad years ahead... which makes bitching about how bad a year has been kinda redundant IMO.

Would be better if we could see into the future... would make it a hell of a lot easier to make the "this year has been ****" judgement if we knew we were going to die the year after.
Optimism isn't really my "thing" :h:
Reply 29
Original post by Drunk Punx
I never said every year was bad... I stated that people always complain about how bad a year has been and that the next year will always be better.
While I admire their optimism, they're going to have plenty of bad years ahead... which makes bitching about how bad a year has been kinda redundant IMO.

Would be better if we could see into the future... would make it a hell of a lot easier to make the "this year has been ****" judgement if we knew we were going to die the year after.
Optimism isn't really my "thing" :h:

Well aren't we chirpy :tongue: lol
I still stand by next year being better than this one for me though :smile:
Reply 30
I said this last year, no one believed me.
2010 has been a great year, fairly good year for film

And one of the best years in recent memories for music, an amazing year and a sort of revival for Rap, grime's been huuuge and is just getting bigger too. Personally it's been an alright year as well, the end of the year is always a tad sucky though, for me anyway
Reply 32
I remember when a girl showing she wasnt interested in you would ruin my life as well... you grow out of it OP.

Also, it's easier than you think to manipulate a friendship into something more, believe me.

Feel lucky your parents are still with you. Sorry for your grandad.

It's one of those moments where you just have to say "you know what world? **** you. I'm gonna man the **** up and get on with ****".
Sorry to hear it. I agree really that this year has been terrible.

My nanna died, my best friend's dad died, my only remaining grandparent has been suffering from an ankle injury - it doesn't sound that bad I know, but she's 83 and she might not be able to go out again - I've had my heart broken by the first person I've ever fell in love with, all of my so called friends went on holiday without me (I didn't even get an invite), I think I've made the wrong decision to change school because I hate it now and it's probably too late to go back :frown:

LOL bring on 2011!
Reply 34
i agree OP. this year my dad was diagnosed with hepatitis B and now diabetes. i didnt get the uni of my choice, or course of my choice coz physics A level was D. what's more is i realised at the start of the year i'm in love with a girl. it's december and coz of her goin through some weird phases (she's recently normal again) i still haven't had alone-time to tell her.
yes, **** you 2010.
Look up to the future mate, things will only get better. And as for your girlfriend she's a ****ing **** stringing you on like that, I'm a girl I would NEVER treat a guy like that! Screw that bitch!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending