The Student Room Group

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by amizzle91
Haha, caught out. Nice backtracking though, I'll give you that.

Also love how the fact that whether you are 'butt ugly' or not changes nothing but it somehow has an impact on what I am saying. Considering you have mentioned how hideous I am with your every reply. Contradiction, mmm, I love it.

See, that is the crux of the issue- I never said anything you said was 'wrong', only that you say the same old **** in pretty much every ugly person/fat person thread on TSR. So I'm not really sure where you got that I was saying you were wrong, au contraire, I was saying you're boring and predictable.

... girl, u not butt ugly... I loled when the other dude was like "IM NOT UGLY WAAA.... ummm pass it off as a joke... :wink:"
Reply 301
The thing is, I'm not insecure at all, so good one. :top: You don't know me so your judgement has no factual basis. I'm actually quite attractive, and I'm confident in how I look, so yeah, epic fail by you there. I just think that pushing your opinions down other people's throats is wrong. Stating them is perfectly fine, but when you try and force others to agree with you, it's rather sad. If you had anything going for you whatsoever, you'd just get on with your life and stop being so concerned with what everyone else is doing.
Reply 302
Original post by Jimbo1234
Coming from the troll who constantly changes her profile pic to put up some crap emo boob shot to satisfy your pathetic ego. :redface:

Wow...if my 'pathetic ego' wasn't quite so big, that could've hurt. :wink:
Its because of the crap weather we get.
Reply 304
Original post by jabed786
Its because of the crap weather we get.

Not that I agree that Brits are 'ugly'.

But the weather wouldn't have anything to do with it. Crappy similar weather here as well. lol
Reply 305
I'm not insecure, if I was insecure, I wouldn't have said anything, would I? :rolleyes: Lol I've had pics up before and it just attracts perverts to my page, so no. Urgh, this again. as I have already explained to you, people have different preferences, and standards are subjective. What you value highly, someone else may not. I'm a very picky individual, just the factors that matter to me are different to the factors that matter to you.
Reply 306
I'm not a chubby chaser, I just don't mind them. No I wouldn't, I'd have ignored it as I wouldn't want the hassle. Again, you're making yourself look an idiot. People have different views on standards, why can't you accept that? I don't see someone being chubby as a bad thing, you do. I don't particularly like muscular people, you do. It's all preference, and has nothing to do with my confidence. As I said, I'm a very outgoing, confident person, so you're really failing at this Mazty.
Original post by babygirl110
You are talking out of your ****. Middle Easterners are extremely attractive, far more than white people. It would seem your perceived superiority is clouding your judgement.

*In your opinion.* Attractiveness is subjective so you're talking out your arse just as much as the guy you were replying to was.
Well obviously things like facial symmetry/weight contribute to attractiveness but in the context i was talking about (i.e. one racial group being more attractive than another) it really is down to personal preference.
I really don't think British men are ugly.
I think the exact opposite :colondollar:
Can't picture myself with a non-english man !
Original post by minimalme
facial symmetry

It doesn't say that anywhere. This is a definition I would abide by though.
Perhaps our Roman roots don't make us too appealing (they were dang ugly), add to that the Germanic roots and Celtic roots. None of them were lookers lets be honest.
Original post by BellaBoo
*In your opinion.* Attractiveness is subjective so you're talking out your arse just as much as the guy you were replying to was.

Sorry if I touched a raw nerve. Middle Eastern girls have far nicer figures and more attractive facial features. It may be subjective but in terms of physical attractiveness, traits associated with Middle Eastern girls are more attractive than White British girls, sorry love, I know it's difficult to digest.

The person I responded to in that post shouldn't have said what he said if he was looking for honest responses that reflect wider views on physical attractiveness. Such a strong statement as his is just asking for it.
(edited 13 years ago)
I think facial symmetry is far more significant than weight, height, hair colour, etc. Why is it that many people found the late Marlon Brando attractive, he certainly was overweight, but he had a pretty face. From an evolutionary perspective face must be much less important than weight, height and general muscular build as they imply the level of fitness, but it doesn't seem quite as important in modern society.
In that sense I think you could reasonably argue that there is a universal consensus that facial symmetry is important, but other factors are relative.
Sorry if I touched a raw nerve. Middle Eastern girls have far nicer figures and more attractive facial features. It may be subjective but in terms of physical attractiveness, traits associated with Middle Eastern girls are more attractive than White British girls, sorry love, I know it's difficult to digest.

The person I responded to in that post shouldn't have said what he said if he was looking for honest responses that reflect wider views on physical attractiveness.

Lol @ " touching a raw nerve." I would have said exactly the same thing if someone had stated that White girls were better looking than Middle Eastern girls.

Everything you've said is based on YOUR opinion. So sorry love, maybe you have some kind of inferiority complex and need to make yourself feel better -but there is no concrete evidence that Middle Eastern girls are inherently better looking than those of European origin. Try not to feel bad about it :smile:
Original post by BellaBoo
Lol @ " touching a raw nerve." I would have said exactly the same thing if someone had stated that White girls were better looking than Middle Eastern girls.

Everything you've said is based on YOUR opinion. So sorry love, maybe you have some kind of inferiority complex and need to make yourself feel better -but there is no concrete evidence that Middle Eastern girls are inherently better looking than those of European origin. Try not to feel bad about it :smile:

Haha, I obviously did touch a raw nerve. I'm sure you didn't challenge that poster on what he said, shows how much you really would have said the same thing.

I'm not Middle Eastern so I don't need to be making myself feel better in any way. I was just stating reality since that poster seemed to totally believe that middle girls are not considered attractive, I was actually shocked by his statement because that's not what I've heard people say about girls from the Middle East.
Reply 315
Original post by RahRah09
Brilliant video!!

Well, in answer to your question. Most other countries tend to have really good looking people and really ugly people. England managed to breed a massive middle okay-looking mush of people. Somehow.

Being mixed-race, I don't have this very British problem, thank goodness.

Also, OP the link in your first post doesn't work??

this, I would agree with. Not many people are ugly, and not many people are gorgeous, but I would say many many people are just in-between. nowt wrong with that.
Reply 316
Haha, I obviously did touch a raw nerve. I'm sure you didn't challenge that poster on what he said, shows how much you really would have said the same thing.

I'm not Middle Eastern so I don't need to be making myself feel better in any way. I was just stating reality since that poster seemed to totally believe that middle girls are not considered attractive, I was actually shocked by his statement because that's not what I've heard people say about girls from the Middle East.

Those who say that mideast chics are not good looking are the same ones who would've thought "bloody immigrants" before seeing the picture in that thread. :wink: I'm simply not using the word.
Sorry for quoting you the second time - promise im not stalking you!
Original post by ahnaf.c
Those who say that mideast chics are not good looking are the same ones who would've thought "bloody immigrants" before seeing the picture in that thread. :wink:
Sorry for quoting you the second time - promise im not stalking you!

Lol it's okay, yeah I know what you mean, totally agree.

The bellaboo poster is now angry just because I spoke out to a statement that was so deluded.

No you honestly didn't. If you actually read my post to you, i said that by replying in that manner (i.e. presenting your opinions as though they were facts) you were talking out your arse as much as he was, so i did actually challenge both of you (i didn't read far back enough in the thread to reply to his original post.)

Although he shouldn't have stated his opinion as factual, what he said really wasn't that shocking because people in this country at least ,generally don't consider Middle Eastern girls to be particularly attractive (that's not to say that they aren't, but opinion in this country doesn't really consider them as such in my experience.) If you were to ask most British men where the most attractive girls come from, you'd (in my experience) hear them say Sweden, Eastern Europe or Southern Europe, not really the Middle East.
Reply 319
Has anyone considered the fact that perhaps pretty British girls aren't vain enough to join a superficial website like beautifulpeople.com?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending