The Student Room Group

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BellaBoo
No you honestly didn't. If you actually read my post to you, i said that by replying in that manner (i.e. presenting your opinions as though they were facts) you were talking out your arse as much as he was, so i did actually challenge both of you (i didn't read far back enough in the thread to reply to his original post.)

Although he shouldn't have stated his opinion as factual, what he said really wasn't that shocking because people in this country at least ,generally don't consider Middle Eastern girls to be particularly attractive (that's not to say that they aren't, but opinion in this country doesn't really consider them as such in my experience.) If you were to ask most British men where the most attractive girls come from, you'd (in my experience) hear them say Sweden, Eastern Europe or Southern Europe, not really the Middle East.

Oh please, if you really believed that guy was talking rubbish you would have challenged him too, afterall his post was on the first page, quit talking rubbish.

The clue is British men and British women, you aren't speaking for the whole world, that's your own opinion and probably represents the opinion of British men and women. What is he said is not shocking to you and the rest of the British but to an outsider like myself it is actually shocking.

I've lived in 4 different countries in 3 continents in my life by virtue of the fact that my dad works for an international organisation which has allowed him to move all over. I can assure you that British men and women are not the pinnacle of attractiveness and what is deemed attractive in them is not universal.
Original post by babygirl110
Oh please, if you really believed that guy was talking rubbish you would have challenged him too, afterall his post was on the first page, quit talking rubbish.

The clue is British men and British women, you aren't speaking for the whole world, that's your own opinion and probably represents the opinion of British men and women. What is he said is not shocking to you and the rest of the British but to an outsider like myself it is actually shocking.

I've lived in 4 different countries in 3 continents in my life by virtue of the fact that my dad works for an international organisation which has allowed him to move all over. I can assure you that British men and women are not the pinnacle of attractiveness and what is deemed attractive in them is not universal.

Love, you're the only one who's talking rubbish. The thing that got me about your post is that you actually had the hypocrisy to say that he was talking out his arse and then going on to do exactly the same thing! Which is why i replied to you, rather than going back to the first page and quoting him (i was reading this thread from the last page backwards as i'd already skimmed the thread yesterday and tbh didn't notice his post-probably because i wasn't paying that much attention.)

I never said that MY OPINION was that Middle Eastern girls were unattractive (i haven't seen enough of them to make a judgement on it really) but you said that you were shocked that he found Mid Eastern girls unattractive when they were apparantly universally found so good looking, so i just let you know that in this country they're generally not (obviously that's just people's opinions) so what he said really wasn't that shocking.

And where exactly did i say that British people were the pinncalle of attractiveness? You're obviously too stupid to realise what the crux of my argument was so unless you gain a few brain cells and realise that I never said Middle Eastern girls were unattractive or that White people are better looking than them, and that my argument was that attractiveness is all a matter of opinion (which is why you and that original guy were wrong) then don't bother replying. I've wasted enough time replying to your ridiculous posts.
Lol it's okay, yeah I know what you mean, totally agree.

The bellaboo poster is now angry just because I spoke out to a statement that was so deluded.

Please, if you're going to mention me then at least quote.

I'm not angry that you spoke out. I agree that his statement was deluded as he stated that White girls were more attractive than Mid East girls as though it was some kind of fact. But you came across as being just as deluded by stating that Middle East girls were more attractive than White, as though it was a fact, when really it was just your opinion. If you'd have said to him, "IN MY OPINION Middle Eastern Girls are better looking than White girls" then i'd have never quoted you.

Just noticed your neg rep btw, so i'm beginning to think that you are troll, as no one can be so stupid as to not get what i'm trying to say.
Love, you're the only one who's talking rubbish. The thing that got me about your post is that you actually had the hypocrisy to say that he was talking out his arse and then going on to do exactly the same thing! Which is why i replied to you, rather than going back to the first page and quoting him (i was reading this thread from the last page backwards as i'd already skimmed the thread yesterday and tbh didn't notice his post-probably because i wasn't paying that much attention.)

I never said that MY OPINION was that Middle Eastern girls were unattractive (i haven't seen enough of them to make a judgement on it really) but you said that you were shocked that he found Mid Eastern girls unattractive when they were apparantly universally found so good looking, so i just let you know that in this country they're generally not (obviously that's just people's opinions) so what he said really wasn't that shocking.

And where exactly did i say that British people were the pinncalle of attractiveness? You're obviously too stupid to realise what the crux of my argument was so unless you gain a few brain cells and realise that I never said Middle Eastern girls were unattractive or that White people are better looking than them, and that my argument was that attractiveness is all a matter of opinion (which is why you and that original guy were wrong) then don't bother replying. I've wasted enough time replying to your ridiculous posts.

Like I said, It is shocking because the statement is grossly inaccurate and delusional to an outsider like myself, normal to you Brits but then I thought I'd correct him. I was telling you why it is a shocking statement and the reason I picked him up on it. You obviously believe the statement should be shocking to anyone.

You can call me stupid all you want, you do not know anything about me is all I can say. You are obviously pissed off and angry that I challenged that guy's delusional statement more than anything else, you've had to throw insults at me in order to make your argument.

Your original argument was that it is a matter of opinion but then you then went on to say that the statement that guy made isn't shocking because in the opinion of Brits you don't consider middle eastern girls attractive, oh how ironic :rolleyes:. This is exactly why I went on to stating that British Girls are not the pinnacle of attractiveness universally and that is why his statement is may be shocking to some people who are non British.
We have no evidence whether you are ugly or not... I'm betting you are, otherwise you'd post a picture to prove. It's okay... we all know :wink: You say 'I'm being private' which screams 'I am really not good looking but I like to pretend I am because it makes me feel better'.

Also, LOL! I'm '*****ing' hahahaha, coming from the person who throws around the old fat and ugly insults as soon as they're losing a debate. Ooooh, a nice drop of hypocrisy along with your contradictions... wunderbar.

You just got your panties in a twist because I commented that you are boring and repetitive, you know I am correct and... truth hurts I guess.

Bye for now :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Please, if you're going to mention me then at least quote.

I'm not angry that you spoke out. I agree that his statement was deluded as he stated that White girls were more attractive than Mid East girls as though it was some kind of fact. But you came across as being just as deluded by stating that Middle East girls were more attractive than White, as though it was a fact, when really it was just your opinion. If you'd have said to him, "IN MY OPINION Middle Eastern Girls are better looking than White girls" then i'd have never quoted you.

Just noticed your neg rep btw, so i'm beginning to think that you are troll, as no one can be so stupid as to not get what i'm trying to say.

Oh I didn't neg you at all, I have no time for that sort of thing. It would be stupid of me to neg you when I have no power. Remember, I am stupid after all, if you want I will neg you now just to prove my stupidity, it won't make a difference to your power though.

I will mention you in any post when I want. It is a public forum, you quoted me first.
(edited 13 years ago)
Like I said, It is shocking because the statement is grossly inaccurate and delusional to an outsider like myself, normal to you Brits but then I thought I'd correct him. I was telling you why it is a shocking statement and the reason I picked him up on it. You obviously believe the statement should be shocking to anyone.

You can call me stupid all you want, you do not know anything about me is all I can say. You are obviously pissed off and angry that I challenged that guy's delusional statement more than anything else, you've had to throw insults at me in order to make your argument.

Your original argument was that it is a matter of opinion but then you then went on to say that the statement that guy made isn't shocking because in the opinion of Brits you don't consider middle eastern girls attractive, oh how ironic :rolleyes:. This is exactly why I went on to stating that British Girls are not the pinnacle of attractiveness universally and that is why his statement is may be shocking to some people who are non British.

How can you keep saying that i'm angry that you said something back to that guys statement when i've mentioned plenty of times that i think it was delusional as well?!? Any one who tries to pass of their own opinion as a fact is pretty delusional. I'm making my argument coherantly, it's you who still hasn't justified your original statements where you said that it was some kind of fact that Middle Easterners were better looking than White people.

I never said that the fact that a lot of Brits generally don't consider people Middle Eastern girls as attractive as they do girls from Europe, meant that Middle Eastern girls were somehow unattractive-i recognised that it was just opinions so no, it isn't really ironic at all. Maybe you should consult a dictionary, because really is it any wonder that i called you stupid if you can't even understand my posts well enough to recognise what's ironic and what isn't?

You're in a British forum, with mostly British people-if you know that generally Middle Easterners (rightly or wrongly) aren't considered attractive over here then why would you say that his statement shocked you? I've already acknowledged that it was wrong of him to say, but it was hardly shocking.

And i didn't mention reps at all???? Showing off your intelligence again lol.
Oh I didn't neg you at all, I have no time for that sort of thing. It would be stupid of me to neg you when I have no power. Remember, I am stupid after all, if you want I will neg you now just to prove my stupidity, it won't make a difference to your though.

I will mention you in any post when I want. It is a public forum, you quoted me first.

As i said before, i never mentioned you neg repping me- do it if you like. What i said is that it's quite telling the amount of neg rep you have-which makes me believe that you could possibly be a troll-which to be honest, would be a relief as i really don't want to believe that you are as stupid as you are coming across.

And yes, i did quote you first-but at least i had the guts to make my argument with you rather than just mentioning you on another post.

Edit: I just re read my original post about the neg rep, it wasn't very clear and did look as though i was talking about neg rep my post received when that wasn't what i meant. At least i can admit i was wrong-whereas you still seem to find it impossible to acknowledge that your post was just a ridiculous as the post you were originally replying to.
(edited 13 years ago)
How can you keep saying that i'm angry that you said something back to that guys statement when i've mentioned plenty of times that i think it was delusional as well?!? Any one who tries to pass of their own opinion as a fact is pretty delusional. I'm making my argument coherantly, it's you who still hasn't justified your original statements where you said that it was some kind of fact that Middle Easterners were better looking than White people.

I never said that the fact that a lot of Brits generally don't consider people Middle Eastern girls as attractive as they do girls from Europe, meant that Middle Eastern girls were somehow unattractive-i recognised that it was just opinions so no, it isn't really ironic at all. Maybe you should consult a dictionary, because really is it any wonder that i called you stupid if you can't even understand my posts well enough to recognise what's ironic and what isn't?

You're in a British forum, with mostly British people-if you know that generally Middle Easterners (rightly or wrongly) aren't considered attractive over here then why would you say that his statement shocked you? I've already acknowledged that it was wrong of him to say, but it was hardly shocking.

And i didn't mention reps at all???? Showing off your intelligence again lol.

Oh gosh, you foolish girl. It's there in black and white where you said you noticed my neg rep. You are the one showing off your intelligence.

You are denying that you were annoyed by the statement but you obviously were. You found it hard to believe that British girls may be less attractive than Middle Eastern girls and so you chose to pick me up on what I said to that guy. You stated an opinion of European girls being considered more attractive than middle eastern girls under the guise of British people. You obviously think that yourself that is why you were wound up by what I said right from the word go, hence you chose to get personal and start saying I have an inferiority complex blah blah. Getting personal again, calling me stupid and unintelligent.

I only mentioned that it is a shocking statement to some people, I didn't intend to discriminate as to what sort of people it's shocking to. The fact is that it is a shocking statement to some people and I'm not the only one who picked him up on it. So what if it's a British forum? I'm still allowed to tell an individual that the statement is delusional and that is shocking. I told you that it's shocking but you didn't want to believe it's shocking then you chose to justify it by saying it's not shocking to Brits. Fair enough it's not shocking to Brits but it is to other people which is why there are other people who picked up the guy on that statement. Also I'm not the only non Brit who goes on this forum, there are many people from different back grounds including international students who may be taken aback by such a statement.
(edited 13 years ago)
meh, never really thought they were. :/ always kinda confused me when or why people go on about how ugly brits are.
Oh gosh, you foolish girl. It's there in black and white where you said you noticed my neg rep. You are the one showing off your intelligence.

You are denying that you were annoyed by the statement but you obviously were. You found it hard to believe that British girls may be less attractive than Middle Eastern girls and so you chose to pick me up on what I said to that guy. You stated an opinion of European girls being considered more attractive than middle eastern girls under the guise of British people. You obviously think that yourself that is why you were wound up by what I said right from the word go, hence you chose to get personal and start saying I have an inferiority complex blah blah. Getting personal again, calling me stupid and unintelligent.

I only mentioned that it is a shocking statement to some people, I didn't intend to discriminate as to what sort of people it's shocking to. The fact is that it is a shocking statement to some people and I'm not the only one who picked him up on it. So what if it's a British forum? I'm still allowed to tell an individual that the statement is delusional and that is shocking. I told you that it's shocking but you didn't want to believe it's shocking then you chose to justify it by saying it's not shocking to Brits. Fair enough it's not shocking to Brits but it is to other people which is why there are other people who picked up the guy on that statement. Also I'm not the only non Brit who goes on this forum, there are many people from different back grounds including international students who may be taken aback by such a statement.

GOD this is getting boring! Read my other post about the neg rep-i didn't re read my post and it did look like i was talking about neg rep given to my post, but i've explained that wasn't what i meant.

Don't tell me what i think. I have never alluded that i believe British or White girls are better looking than Middle Eastern girls or vice versa. Also it was YOU who started talking about White girls in general, rather than British girls specifically so don't try and say it was me who started to talk about "Briitsh girls under the guise of European girls."

You obviously can't argue with my point so you're just repeating the same tired argument. I'll say it one more time: What the original guy said was wrong. I acknowledge that but the hypocrisy of your post made me reply to you rather than him.My argument with you is not that you find Middle Eastern girls more attractive than White girls (or British girls.) It was that you had the cheek to say that he was talking out of his arse when he said that Briitsh girls were better looking than Middle Eastern girls as though it's some kind of scientific fact, and then you went on to do exactly the same thing (by saying that Middle Eastern girls are better looking than White girls as though it's some kind of concrete fact rather than just your opinion.)

IS THAT CLEAR?

You're intitled to say that it's a shocking statement, but if you know that generally British people don't consider Middle Eastern girls to be particularly attractive (again, that's not my opinion and i'm not saying that ALL British people feel that way) then why would you be so shocked that he said it-when the MAJORITY of people on this site are British?

You STILL haven't answered how you could get so offended by him saying that British girls were more attractive than Middle Easterners and then go and do the exact same thing (albeit the other way around)?
Original post by c2010
this, I would agree with. Not many people are ugly, and not many people are gorgeous, but I would say many many people are just in-between. nowt wrong with that.

Yaaay someone who agrees with me.

I have lots of international friends and they agree too. Other countries tend to have each end of the beautiful-ugly spectrum unlike England.

And of course, mixed race is the way forward :wink:
Reply 332
Original post by im so academic
In before pictures of Cheryl Cole.

For me, you can attractive and not so attractive men. But Irish men are pretty nice. :colondollar:

why thank ya
GOD this is getting boring! Read my other post about the neg rep-i didn't re read my post and it did look like i was talking about neg rep given to my post, but i've explained that wasn't what i meant.

Don't tell me what i think. I have never alluded that i believe British or White girls are better looking than Middle Eastern girls or vice versa. Also it was YOU who started talking about White girls in general, rather than British girls specifically so don't try and say it was me who started to talk about "Briitsh girls under the guise of European girls."

You obviously can't argue with my point so you're just repeating the same tired argument. I'll say it one more time: What the original guy said was wrong. I acknowledge that but the hypocrisy of your post made me reply to you rather than him.My argument with you is not that you find Middle Eastern girls more attractive than White girls (or British girls.) It was that you had the cheek to say that he was talking out of his arse when he said that Briitsh girls were better looking than Middle Eastern girls as though it's some kind of scientific fact, and then you went on to do exactly the same thing (by saying that Middle Eastern girls are better looking than White girls as though it's some kind of concrete fact rather than just your opinion.)

IS THAT CLEAR?

You're intitled to say that it's a shocking statement, but if you know that generally British people don't consider Middle Eastern girls to be particularly attractive (again, that's not my opinion and i'm not saying that ALL British people feel that way) then why would you be so shocked that he said it-when the MAJORITY of people on this site are British?

You STILL haven't answered how you could get so offended by him saying that British girls were more attractive than Middle Easterners and then go and do the exact same thing (albeit the other way around)?

Okay, I now understand what you meant about the negative rep that I have, that wasn't clear. No I'm not a troll, just people get negged for stating things that aren't appreciated by the majority that's all.

In my OP to that guy I should have said British girls, I meant Brits not all white girls. I thought that the fact that the title said Brits would make make it obvious when I refer to white girls.

Sorry what I meant is that I believe that you are passing your own opinion of the British being attractive as the opinion of British people as a whole. That's what I think, you might not say it but it's obvious. I'm allowed to think that, in the same way you think I'm insecure and unintelligent. It may be the case that generally the British find European girls to be more attractive than middle eastern girls but be man enough to admit that it's your opinion as well.

Yes I totally understand your point that you were picking me up on the fact that I dared to argue with that guy with a double standard but then I believe that wasn't your main problem, your issue was with what I said more than anything else. If you thought he was also wrong in saying what he said then you would have picked him up on the subjectivity of looks the same way you quoted me. Don't use that line of you picked him up on it by quoting me because that's bullocks.

I explained the reason I said he was talking rubbish and being delusional. Reason being that universal traits of attractiveness are more commonly found in Middle Eastern girls and so his statement can't be accurate. I made the mistake of stating as my own opinion that's all. I wasn't offended, I was shocked. Like I said, an outsider who is non British might easily be shocked, it's not for you to say what people should and shouldn't be shocked about. Your argument is redundant anyway because the OP was referring to Brits being rated the least attractive in the whole world not in Britain, Steveee or whatever his name is suggested the world would rate the black, asian and middle eastern people the lowest that's why it's shocking to an outsider and probably well informed, travelled and read British people because not the whole world would put Brits before Middle Eastern people. TSR or not TSR, British forum or no British forum, this is the world wide web, it's available to the whole world and statements can rouse any individuals interest. They don't have to be British. If TSR didn't want people from other countries contributing with their opinions, then it would be available on the world wide web.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by .Ali.
Wow...if my 'pathetic ego' wasn't quite so big, that could've hurt. :wink:

Just pathetic enough that you had to reply. :awesome:
OP, you're ignorant.
Unfortunate looking in the looks department. Couldn't get more ignorant.
Again, you started with the *****ing. Hypocrisy, thy name is Mazty.

You are fat & ugly. You are British. Ergo it makes sense why the British are seen as being unattractive if many girls are like you. This is simple logic. It's sad that you seem to be struggling to follow it :tongue:

I follow, but also don't particularly care what some internet trolls opinion is of me so not sure why you have to keep telling me. I'm not going to go and cry over it, sorry.

What debate are we even having??? You haven't even mentioned my post that's relavent to this thread! You're just going "Omgosh yus like sayin stuff 2 do with image!!" And? Care to say why what I said is irrelevant?

Where did I say we were having a debate? I said IN GENERAL whenever you have a debate with someone you pretty much always say "yeah well u iz fat and ugly so obviously that makes my opinion correct" Again, boring.

Do you go into the other forums and tell the football fans, fitness guys and techies they are boring? Or does image just hit a nerve with you? :redface:

Not really, I just like winding you up :biggrin:

You are one sad girl & essentially you know this, hence the redirected anger at me as that's easier to do then deal with why such a thread gets to you :indiff:

The only anger here is coming from you because you got upset because you know you are repetitive and boring :biggrin:

I do find it quite funny that you obviously have a really high opinion of yourself. It's kinda cute really, that you have to constantly try and convince people on an internet forum how awesome you are. D'awwww.
Most stereotypes have a degree of truth to them. I think there are two reasons which might explain the certain level of truth there is regarding this.

1 the vikings and the romans for instance took our best looking women as sex slaves, and also took our strongest men as labourers and soliders to serve in their armies.

2 I do believe there is a bit of an attitude concerning British women,which means there care less about looking a certain way to men than women of other countries and have also adopted the worst aspects of male behaviour. This is evident in the recent rise of illness's that used to be confined to males. Alchohol related illness which has messed up kidneys and liver. All of that coupled with smoking causes premature aging. You will find on the continent for instance they do not have the attitude we do to drinking. That is why New Liabours licensing law reform was never going to work.
Reply 339
Original post by RahRah09
Yaaay someone who agrees with me.

I have lots of international friends and they agree too. Other countries tend to have each end of the beautiful-ugly spectrum unlike England.

And of course, mixed race is the way forward :wink:

hi, do a simple test, type "ugly" juxtaposed to "british"in google, see the results, do the same for any other nation. it's not a self inflicted observations, it's seen pretty much as standard fact, but what's the reason?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending