The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i didn't get the christmas episode... it wasn't bad, but could've been better
and strangely, i'm beginning to like matt smith... odd, coz i cried when david tennant left...
When you’re alone, Silence is all you see,
When you’re alone, Silence is all you’ll be.

Could the Doctor be the Silence? (without his companions).

Silence will fall could mean the demise of something rather than the effect of something bad. "The Doctor will fall".
(edited 13 years ago)
don't say they're gonna get rid of matt smith already? that's ridiculous... although he could possibly do with a new companion...
Original post by cheese-lemming
don't say they're gonna get rid of matt smith already? that's ridiculous... although he could possibly do with a new companion...

Well not get rid. "Fall" does not necessarily mean regenerate and these things always get stopped. :tongue:
I just love that piece of music <3 Especially how it works in a bit of "Carol of the bells" in to the melody <3

But yeah, I think someone mentioned the Silence thing yesterday :biggrin: Perhaps it's a more subtle version of a prophecy, unlike how RTD just said "He will knock four times". Or The Moff could just be teasing us and it doesn't actually mean anything :frown:
Reply 6925
Original post by LastLordofTime

Original post by LastLordofTime
I just love that piece of music &lt;3 Especially how it works in a bit of &quot;Carol of the bells&quot; in to the melody &lt;3

But yeah, I think someone mentioned the Silence thing yesterday :biggrin: Perhaps it's a more subtle version of a prophecy, unlike how RTD just said &quot;He will knock four times&quot;. Or The Moff could just be teasing us and it doesn't actually mean anything :frown:

Yeah, it's either either a hint, or he's teasing us I reckon. Either way, I'm excited about next series.

And intrigued by the fact that the ood are back as well as there being clips of both Amy and River having tally scores on them that look rather like writing we've seen before. Makes me wonder whether it'll have anything to do with the beast in the impossible planet/satan pit
I'm certainly starting to think that one of the main characters is the Silence.
Original post by Aula
Yeah, it's either either a hint, or he's teasing us I reckon. Either way, I'm excited about next series.

And intrigued by the fact that the ood are back as well as there being clips of both Amy and River having tally scores on them that look rather like writing we've seen before. Makes me wonder whether it'll have anything to do with the beast in the impossible planet/satan pit

I disagree, they look very different

Spoiler

Amy's and River's look very much like tally marks, but Toby's look like some sort of ancient language. Doubtful it has anything to do with The Beast (actually completely certain) but it is quite possible to be something on a similar level. Something pre-universe with great psychic abilities (explaining the now GREEN scheme of the Ood, which is something new, and possibly imparting a message on to people's bodies).

The tallys also play in to the whole countdown (/up) motif we had going for series 5. We even had a countdown in the Christmas Special XD
Everything we’re hearing so far suggests that The Silence is an entirely new monster for the show.

Doctor Who’s producer Piers Wenger recently told Sci Fi Magazine: “Steven’s not a big fan of using monsters from the classic series or monsters that we’ve seen before, so we’ve got quite a lot of new monsters this coming year. There’s going to be a monster that recurs, that we’ve heard referenced in the series already, but which we’ve never actually seen the physical manifestation of, and it’s called The Silence. It will be a recurrent theme and will have an ongoing significance.”

Wenger also dropped this really interesting hint: “We’ll see [The Silence] in its physical form, but that is something that is already established in many ways. It figured in the last series but we’re going into the true terror of them, the horror of their species and their needs. It’s going to emerge next year.”

It seems we won’t have to wait long in the sixth series, as filming details reveal that The Silence is in the opening two parter.

Source: http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-6-silence-hints-12975.htm#ixzz19L0LdynT
(edited 13 years ago)
humy369
X

Here, snippets from when it has been mentioned :smile:

Doctor: “Why are you here?”
Rosanna: “We ran from the silence.

Doctor: “Rory, listen to that?”
Rory: “Er…what? All I can hear is silence.”

Rosanna: “There were cracks…through some we saw silence and the end of all things.

"The cracks in the skin of the universe don’t you know where they came from? You don’t, do you? The Doctor and the TARDIS doesn’t know. The universe is cracked. The Pandorica will open. Silence will fall.”

and of course:

(edited 13 years ago)
Anyone else think that the bearded Matt Smith in the trailer for the next episode looked ridiculous?
Like a really bad fake beard :s-smilie:
From one of the latest Deadpool comics:

It appears Mr Fantastic has great taste :p:
Original post by cambo211
From one of the latest Deadpool comics:

It appears Mr Fantastic has great taste :p:

Where do you get your comics from?

Not that I'm thinking of getting any. :colondollar:
Original post by sleekchic
Where do you get your comics from?

Not that I'm thinking of getting any. :colondollar:

That's not one of mine that's one i just found on the internet :p:

Most towns generally have a comic shop, most people just don't know whereabouts they are :p:

Give it a google.
I love BBC America's trailer for series 6 XD

Brilliant. :rofl:
Lawl.
Awesome.
Been watching DW past episodes and something cropped up. In End of Time, 10th Doctor mentions the horrors of the Time War. One of the things he mentions is "The Could-Have-Been King and his army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres".

In The Big Bang, 11th Doctor mentions that stone Daleks and Cybermen were the "footprints of the Neverweres".

Not necessarily saying it will have significance in a future series but such a discrete reference on an unknown subject from two different writers and Doctors is ... curious. :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Been watching DW past episodes and something cropped up. In End of Time, 10th Doctor mentions the horrors of the Time War. One of the things he mentions is "The Could-Have-Been King and his army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres".

In The Big Bang, 11th Doctor mentions that stone Daleks and Cybermen were the "footprints of the Neverweres".

Curious. :holmes:

is it not the nightmare child that could have been king?

:holmes:

Latest