The Student Room Group

Your partner going on a clubbing holiday with friends?

What are your views, as mine might be doing this with her girl mates next year in the summer.
Shes never cheated on anyone and swears she wouldnt, and i trust her but there is some doubt obviously.
I expect a lot of people on this forum are facing this next year as its pretty regular, so what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
tell her if she does anything more than clubbing, you'll club her
Reply 2
Well, you're the one who knows her- does she still handle herself well when legless? If she doesn't, you have your answer.

You know how some people still retain the power of coherent speech when drunk? These sorts you have nothing to worry about with.
Reply 3
Original post by Flibbles
Well, you're the one who knows her- does she still handle herself well when legless? If she doesn't, you have your answer.

You know how some people still retain the power of coherent speech when drunk? These sorts you have nothing to worry about with.

She gets silly when drunk, like sort of childish, in an innocent way if that makes sense. Some girls get horny and all over guys, but she just gets immature, so im not sure. Shes more the kind to draw whiskers on her face when shes drunk, stupid things like that lol.
The old me would cheat while shes away as a kind of back up protection device against heart break, but im not sure
Well to be fair she is allowed her own life and friends, just because she is going on a girls holiday, doesn't mean she'll do anything behind your back.
Reply 5
I'm not sure as i've never been to one, but i'll give you my two pence worth.

I went out with a guy for about 9 months in high school. He was older than me and at the end of 6th year he was going on a lads holiday to 'shagamagazantebiza' anyway, before he left i said to him it would be fine for him to do whatever or whomever he wanted during that 10 day period as all his friend were single and no doubt looking for gash.

He came back from magashagaetcland 3 days early and split up with me. He said he couldn't bear knowing that i didn't give a f*ck about loyalty and that i'd been low enough to suggested he could have sexual freedom :confused:

We had only kissed and held hands and i knew he'd done WAY more with his ex :frown:

So yeah :s-smilie:

I'm not sure what the moral of the story is :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by shygirl92
I'm not sure as i've never been to one, but i'll give you my two pence worth.

I went out with a guy for about 9 months in high school. He was older than me and at the end of 6th year he was going on a lads holiday to 'shagamagazantebiza' anyway, before he left i said to him it would be fine for him to do whatever or whomever he wanted during that 10 day period as all his friend were single and no doubt looking for gash.

He came back from magashagaetcland 3 days early and split up with me. He said he couldn't bear knowing that i didn't give a f*ck about loyalty and that i'd been low enough to suggested he could have sexual freedom :confused:

We had only kissed and held hands and i knew he'd done WAY more with his ex :frown:

So yeah :s-smilie:

I'm not sure what the moral of the story is :dontknow:

Christ what a nice guy, if i was him i'd sleep with everyone i could because you dont care
Original post by Anonymous
What are your views, as mine might be doing this with her girl mates next year in the summer.
Shes never cheated on anyone and swears she wouldnt, and i trust her but there is some doubt obviously.
I expect a lot of people on this forum are facing this next year as its pretty regular, so what do you think?

obviously you dont otherwise you wouldnt have doubts

and it wouldnt bother me at all
Reply 8
Original post by Astra_K

Original post by Astra_K
Christ what a nice guy, if i was him i'd sleep with everyone i could because you dont care

Sexual disloyalty counts for nothing. Men cannot control that (and kudos to those that can!) as easily. If i was in a relationship and my bf secretly had feelings for someone else but didn't tell me, well that would bother me. Otherwise sex not so much.

If he needs it badly at the time, and he can get it without too much effort and not hurting anyone...then i cannot hold it against him. It's just sex after all. And if said sex leads him to realise he is in love with the girl/wants to be with her..then i fully support that. If i hadn't let him sleep around (in emergancy situations) then he wouldn't have found that true love and be stuck with me.

Am i making sense?? Of course this is just if such a set up suited him.

So far i've found the guys i've been seeing to be rather collected and i'm the one conciously aware of being wetting and wanting to pounce him 24/7. :dontknow:
Reply 9

My gf was terribly upset when I told her I was going on one after my graduation last July. Thought it would be the last ever clubbing fest I go for in Ibiza with all my EU/Overseas student friends as a final close of the year. She said she trusted me but not the girls that would be around me. Finally ended up not going anywhere, started work instead.
Reply 10
Original post by Iorek
My gf was terribly upset when I told her I was going on one after my graduation last July. Thought it would be the last ever clubbing fest I go for in Ibiza with all my EU/Overseas student friends as a final close of the year. She said she trusted me but not the girls that would be around me. Finally ended up not going anywhere, started work instead.

Hmmm not much help then. I dont really agree with the other poster saying you should want to go with your partner, i have a social life and a love life so i can understand why people might want to keep it seperate. You dont have to worry about your gf, just have a laugh with mates and its more laid back.
i'd hate to be in your shoes, my girlfriend is going out to a 16+ club tomorrow and im having a breakdown about it, a holiday.. ****ing hell..!
Reply 12
i'd hate to be in your shoes, my girlfriend is going out to a 16+ club tomorrow and im having a breakdown about it, a holiday.. ****ing hell..!

How old are you :s-smilie:
Reply 13
bump
Personally, the more of the girls that she is going have boyfriends, the more comfortable i would feel about the whole thing. If she was the only one with a boyfriend, then i would feel massively uncomfortable about the whole thing
Reply 15
Original post by rhinger
Please tell me what happens in a club.

Exactly.

You, sir, are clueless.

people dance and have a good time, i do anyway
Reply 16

Do her friends have boyfriends? If they (or some of them) do, then it should be fine because when they go clubbing she will have friends with her who aren't looking for a shag too. If they are all single, it's maybe more likely that she'll cheat.

I realise that might sound a bit silly, but it's just more likely that it will be less of a shagfest if some of her mates are in relationships.

I guess you would just need to chat with her about it, speak to her everyday when she's away etc.
Reply 17
Here are my thoughts:

Love is an emotion, not a physical act. Although sex is associated with love, it can also be associated with fun. If you are in a different country having a good laugh and you hook up with someone, this does not mean you love this person and don't love the person back home. In an ideal relationship, one would be able to have sex with another person with no consequences.
Reply 18
Original post by edd360
Here are my thoughts:

Love is an emotion, not a physical act. Although sex is associated with love, it can also be associated with fun. If you are in a different country having a good laugh and you hook up with someone, this does not mean you love this person and don't love the person back home. In an ideal relationship, one would be able to have sex with another person with no consequences.

So basically i should sleep with another girl while shes on holiday, as id be having a sort of holiday break away from her?
Reply 19
So basically i should sleep with another girl while shes on holiday, as id be having a sort of holiday break away from her?

No that's not what I am saying. I am saying if the opportunity presents itself where you can have a meaningless one night stand (as long as it is meaningless for you) just for the sake of having sex, then you should be allowed to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending