The Student Room Group

Highers in jepordy because of snow?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alt__x
Thanks for the advice. I am doing higher maths, english, modern studies, french and biology. Any materials would be greatly appreciated?

I am doing Maths, english , french,geography physics, so i can help with those.

French: Read a french newspaper for reading practice. Read a sentence, try to understand it, note down any words/phrases you dont know; translate them , then full understand the sentence.

Listening is difficult to work on, im still trying searching for the best way to work on it, i'll message you when i get something good. I am going to see if i can develop some kind of system using youtube news videos in french. At the moment perhaps use the " MA France " videos on the BBC website, using the subtitles in french.

MAths: What topic are you on?

Read through notes on HSN: http://www.hsn.uk.net/resources/Hmath/notes

What textbook do you use? If its the heineman higher maths one then it gives you examples..... After reading notes/examples try some questions... Depending on the topic your on i can provide help

Have you been given access so Scholar yet? http://scholar.hw.ac.uk/ it might help you with maths and perhaps biology. French too.

English:

Again it depends on what your doing. If you have already done a novel, then draw mindmaps on this, branching off things like setting, characters etc, you get what i mean.

DO the same for you poems or play. Basically get yourself very familiar with your studies ( novel/play/poems ), so that you know exactly whats happening, analysing what different things mean etc.

Dont forget to work on close reading. Look at good quality newspapers such as the times and analayse it. Why has he said this? what does it mean? why has the sentence been structured like this? etc. Alternatively i can send you a copy of a sheet which you can stick to for analysing them?

You could always try a couple past papers from the SQA website; http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/findpastpaper.htm

I hope i have helped, please quote me when replying
Original post by Alt__x
In Aberdeenshire, the land of sheep shaggers :biggrin:

I knew it must be somewhere like that :tongue:
u kiddin i have not been to school for 5 weeks
Reply 23
i missed 2 and a half weeks and im fine

work at home maybe even 'gasp' in the holidays thats what im doing

what are you even studying?
Reply 24
Original post by Dan3va
i missed 2 and a half weeks and im fine

work at home maybe even 'gasp' in the holidays thats what im doing

what are you even studying?

Yeah I was working yesterday, and again today.

I am doing higher maths, english, biology, french and modern studies.
Reply 25
Original post by Alt__x
Yeah I was working yesterday, and again today.

I am doing higher maths, english, biology, french and modern studies.

french is probably the hardest one to revise for just change dvd languages and things i like to do that

the rest are just sort of grind down and revise types but it wont be that bad don't worry and things will be better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending