The Student Room Group

I cannot wait to go back to Uni.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Silver Arrow

In the past week before we closed, i met a girl who was up for it despite having a boyfriend who's away in Morocco, :biggrin:

Well played Sir :yep:
Original post by TheGardener
I wish I felt the same. I was so thrilled with the prospect of finishing college and going travelling that uni was just a distant thought at the back of my mind. So I accepted whatever offer I got, from the best course that I got into. I DREAD going into uni. I havent met any new people (not people that I would see as fitting into my social life anyway, and evidently they feel the same way about me as they never get into contact) I am very socially awkward and just don't feel compatible with the people and my surroundings (I go to Bath Spa). All these people telling me that uni is the best thing that ever happened to them, I think they're full of ****. YOU make your life what it is, not the institution that you attend. If anything it just has the potential to bring out your better qualities. As much as I feel contempt for my hometown (I'm from Birmingham) and couldnt imagine myself going back, I feel as if I am stuck in limbo. I am naturally quite a sociable and inquisitive person but uni actually seems like it is a step backwards in my life, as most people just don't seem worth the effort. Not meaning to brag, but I had seen and done it all well before I started uni.

Sorry to hijack the thread, glad you are enjoying your time and holidays are nothing, they will fly by. Enjoy spending time with your relatives and friends and getting yourself back into the uni frame of mind, whilst im stuck in my own personal limbo.

I feel the same as you! I was a complete wreck at the end of term and didn't go in for the last couple of days and missed deadlines due to cold/bitchy course mates and tutor, being ill and behind with work, and a ****ed up sleeping pattern. I wanna see Jan as a fresh start but in the back of my mind I'm really worried it's just going to get bad again :frown:

Well done OP for overcoming everything, I hope I can too!
Original post by pippa90
I feel the same as you! I was a complete wreck at the end of term and didn't go in for the last couple of days and missed deadlines due to cold/bitchy course mates and tutor, being ill and behind with work, and a ****ed up sleeping pattern. I wanna see Jan as a fresh start but in the back of my mind I'm really worried it's just going to get bad again :frown:

Well done OP for overcoming everything, I hope I can too!

youve more or less described exactly how i feel. my sleeping pattern was so bad i wouldnt start feeling the slightest bit tired until about 3 or 4 in the morning. It´s reassuring to know that I´m not alone at least, and I want to make a fresh start in January too, but considering how much I´ve missed of the first term (I missed the entire last 2 weeks) I´m wondering if there´s really any point, and if I´m just going to end up with twice the workload as everyone else due to all the catching up? Something needs to change though, wheather it´s counselling, transferring or dropping out altogether, I really can't carry on like this. Best of luck to you anyway, PM me if you ever need to talk! :smile:
Original post by TheGardener
youve more or less described exactly how i feel. my sleeping pattern was so bad i wouldnt start feeling the slightest bit tired until about 3 or 4 in the morning. It´s reassuring to know that I´m not alone at least, and I want to make a fresh start in January too, but considering how much I´ve missed of the first term (I missed the entire last 2 weeks) I´m wondering if there´s really any point, and if I´m just going to end up with twice the workload as everyone else due to all the catching up? Something needs to change though, wheather it´s counselling, transferring or dropping out altogether, I really can't carry on like this. Best of luck to you anyway, PM me if you ever need to talk! :smile:

It sucks! :frown: Some days I can't sleep til 6, 7 or 8am! I'm sure you can do the work, I'm just gonna finish off what I missed in the last week of the hols. Think I'm going to join a society too, see if there's any like-minded people there!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
My sleeping pattern is totally fecked at the moment to be honest, going to bed at 4-5am. It's cool though, might even start work in a day or two.
Reply 25
Original post by TheSownRose
Uni doesn't make you confident, happy and relaxed, you do.

Just don't think of it as, "Eugh, home," and it'll be different.

This is pretty solid.

Tbh, as much as I love uni, it's great coming back home for a couple of weeks - if only for a difference in scenery and pace of life. You'll appreciate it more as uni wears on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending