The Student Room Group

Another she likes me or not thread!

I will try to avoid as much spelling mistakes as I can, excuse me for that. The thread is kind of long so don't bother if you are lazy :smile:

She is a co-worke of mine and 10 days ago when we went to the firm christmas party we ended up in the same club afterward. In the club she engaged the talk with me and we started chit-chatting no flirting at all. Then she wanted some particular song to start dancing and I asked the dj to play it. She grabbed my hand and took me to the dance floor where we danced for 30 min or so then it was time to go home because we were pretty drunk and it was getting pretty late in a work night - Here I make a conclusion that she is just friendly and want to make good impression to me as a co-worker.

She gave me her number and 1 day later she befriended me in facebook. We chatted like 3-4 hours per night for 2 nights and I invited her to go ice-skating. We talked a lot during the ice skate for pretty deep stuff but the bad thing is that there was no flirting. - The fact that there is no flirting at all is making me think that she want us to be friends + she was talking some pretty personal stuff. But I never met a girl to befriend so fast unless she kind of like you. I mean the timing was too fast if you know what I mean so I still weren't certain if she likes me or she is going for the friend thing.

Christmas came and in the meanwhile we were still chatting for more than the appropriate time and before each one of us went out with his friends for the party (25th december) she reminded me 3 times to text here were I will be. In the end we didn't see each other that night because she went to another club and I ended up in a carcrash (nothing serious) and I was kinda getting the hint that she was just polite but out of the blue in 5:30-6 am she started texting me where I am and that if I am not home she will come to see me. Have in mind that she initiated the sms chat that night. - Here it started to get really confusing for me because I was thinking that she want me as a friend but now she hinted that she wanted to see me that night which is point for the "like me" situation. Ofc she could of just wanna come to me because it's boring where she is.

The day after Christmas we went to a restaurant and we end up talking for like 3-4 hours. The conversations were long and meaningfull and funny so I started to like her at that point. She didn't avoided the flirting part but somehow always managed to stop the flow not in a bad way or to show that she don't want it but in a way that make you feel "wtf is she thinking ?" .At the end of the night she offered me a ride home (how strange right? But my car was in the service because of the carcrash) and when she just stopped infront of my house and said good bye. - Here again I was wondering what is happening ? More and more I think that she wants me as a friend only or she is just a kind of person that don't show her feelings easy. One of the two and the conversations that we were having pointed that she is emotional but hides it a lot which gave me some hope that she might like me..maybe.

Last night we ended up going for a drink in a bar because she needed to give me her PC for a check up. Yet again the 3 hour talk and less to zero flirting + I drive her home and whish her a good night. - Now I think 90% that she just want to be friends which is ok with me because I am not 12 and I am aware that people can't like you all the time.

So that are our encounters up to now. From the looks of it we are going to be friends. I have no problem with that but the fact that I am not 100% sure is making me crazy. I don't have a problem with the women. Most of the time I can tell for sure if I have a chance or not. The problem is that she is a co-worker and I couldn't bring my A game and needed to go a bit slower so it doesn't get akward.
So I think that:
90% she wanna be friends with me
5% she is slow in showing her feelings
5% she is still deciding

What do you think?

P.S. The thread is awfully written but I am at work and people are distracting me every 3 seconds.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Man, this thread is looooooonnngg.
Reply 2
i think that's a lot of unnecessary thought and writing, for a simple problem. be more active, and ask. there will be no awkwardness unless you make it awkward, so no excuses.
Reply 3
Original post by Zero 1
i think that's a lot of unnecessary thought and writing, for a simple problem. be more active, and ask. there will be no awkwardness unless you make it awkward, so no excuses.

I think that is not such a good idea to ask her if she likes me and not because I am scared of rejection or w/e. If she is the kind of girl that express her feelings a bit slower or she is still deciding the asking is more probably to push her away. I already told a couple of times that I like her didn't tell her directly ofc but im sure she got the hint. So she already know.
Reply 4
well that was a trawl to read... I think she sees you as a friend
Reply 5
Original post by Kiwiiiii
I will try to avoid as much spelling mistakes as I can, excuse me for that. The thread is kind of long so don't bother if you are lazy :smile:

She is a co-worke of mine and 10 days ago when we went to the firm christmas party we ended up in the same club afterward. In the club she engaged the talk with me and we started chit-chatting no flirting at all. Then she wanted some particular song to start dancing and I asked the dj to play it. She grabbed my hand and took me to the dance floor where we danced for 30 min or so then it was time to go home because we were pretty drunk and it was getting pretty late in a work night - Here I make a conclusion that she is just friendly and want to make good impression to me as a co-worker.

She gave me her number and 1 day later she befriended me in facebook. We chatted like 3-4 hours per night for 2 nights and I invited her to go ice-skating. We talked a lot during the ice skate for pretty deep stuff but the bad thing is that there was no flirting. - The fact that there is no flirting at all is making me think that she want us to be friends + she was talking some pretty personal stuff. But I never met a girl to befriend so fast unless she kind of like you. I mean the timing was too fast if you know what I mean so I still weren't certain if she likes me or she is going for the friend thing.

Christmas came and in the meanwhile we were still chatting for more than the appropriate time and before each one of us went out with his friends for the party (25th december) she reminded me 3 times to text here were I will be. In the end we didn't see each other that night because she went to another club and I ended up in a carcrash (nothing serious) and I was kinda getting the hint that she was just polite but out of the blue in 5:30-6 am she started texting me where I am and that if I am not home she will come to see me. Have in mind that she initiated the sms chat that night. - Here it started to get really confusing for me because I was thinking that she want me as a friend but now she hinted that she wanted to see me that night which is point for the "like me" situation. Ofc she could of just wanna come to me because it's boring where she is.

The day after Christmas we went to a restaurant and we end up talking for like 3-4 hours. The conversations were long and meaningfull and funny so I started to like her at that point. She didn't avoided the flirting part but somehow always managed to stop the flow not in a bad way or to show that she don't want it but in a way that make you feel "wtf is she thinking ?" .At the end of the night she offered me a ride home (how strange right? But my car was in the service because of the carcrash) and when she just stopped infront of my house and said good bye. - Here again I was wondering what is happening ? More and more I think that she wants me as a friend only or she is just a kind of person that don't show her feelings easy. One of the two and the conversations that we were having pointed that she is emotional but hides it a lot which gave me some hope that she might like me..maybe.

Last night we ended up going for a drink in a bar because she needed to give me her PC for a check up. Yet again the 3 hour talk and less to zero flirting + I drive her home and whish her a good night. - Now I think 90% that she just want to be friends which is ok with me because I am not 12 and I am aware that people can't like you all the time.

So that are our encounters up to now. From the looks of it we are going to be friends. I have no problem with that but the fact that I am not 100% sure is making me crazy. I don't have a problem with the women. Most of the time I can tell for sure if I have a chance or not. The problem is that she is a co-worker and I couldn't bring my A game and needed to go a bit slower so it doesn't get akward.
So I think that:
90% she wanna be friends with me
5% she is slow in showing her feelings
5% she is still deciding

What do you think?

P.S. The thread is awfully written but I am at work and people are distracting me every 3 seconds.

Edit your post to put a "TL;DR" version/summary at the end - I've written you an example, though feel free to tweak it slightly:

"Female co-worker giving mixed signals - we can chat for ages, but I'm not sure if she's friend-zoning me or not. Thoughts?"

Anyway...it seems that up till now these encounters were initiated by someone else - either a work function or mostly her, apart from that time when you invited her out to go ice-skating. Why not take charge for a change? Maybe invite her out to something casual again, and try flirting a bit more - see how she responds. If she likes you she's not going to want to turn down an invite from you.

Also, when we're trying to decide whether or not we like someone - or when we really like someone but don't want to come across as too "forward" (because we're not sure how the guy feels about us), more often than not us females will "hang back" a bit - hence why you're getting the mixed signals about "friends-only" and stuff. Well, that's the way I see it...

Be a bit more forward with her, see how things go. Even if you learn later that you've been friend-zoned, it's okay; because it sounds like you two would get along very well as friends anyway!

G'luck - let us know how it goes.
Reply 6
Original post by arianex
Edit your post to put a "TL;DR" version/summary at the end - I've written you an example, though feel free to tweak it slightly:

"Female co-worker giving mixed signals - we can chat for ages, but I'm not sure if she's friend-zoning me or not. Thoughts?"

Anyway...it seems that up till now these encounters were initiated by someone else - either a work function or mostly her, apart from that time when you invited her out to go ice-skating. Why not take charge for a change? Maybe invite her out to something casual again, and try flirting a bit more - see how she responds. If she likes you she's not going to want to turn down an invite from you.

Also, when we're trying to decide whether or not we like someone - or when we really like someone but don't want to come across as too "forward" (because we're not sure how the guy feels about us), more often than not us females will "hang back" a bit - hence why you're getting the mixed signals about "friends-only" and stuff. Well, that's the way I see it...

Be a bit more forward with her, see how things go. Even if you learn later that you've been friend-zoned, it's okay; because it sounds like you two would get along very well as friends anyway!

Just to mention that I invited her to Ice skates and a restaurant.
The "hang back" is a new prospective, thank you.
Reply 7
Original post by Kiwiiiii
Just to mention that I invited her to Ice skates and a restaurant.
The "hang back" is a new prospective, thank you.

Didn't know that the restaurant was your idea (wasn't mentioned), but I *do* know that you did casually invite her to hang out with you before - I did read!

You're welcome.
Reply 8
To me it sounds quite positive. For whatever reason she seems eager to spend time with you and to talk to you. I wouldn't over-analyse the flirting thing because not all girls consciously flirt or don't flirt if you see what I mean. I certainly don't try to act a certain way around the guy I like. Definitely ask her to do something else just the two of you and try a bit of flirting and see how you go. Good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by arianex

We are together from a week now, so it is quite good :smile: Thanks for the advices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending