The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arianex
Ahem...at the risk of sounding like a pedant, Nikita's a she. :tongue:

(I jest with regards to how serious I actually sound.)

It's a quote from the MALE character in her avatar. :biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
judging by this thread alone, there are quite a number of girls who would be in imperial next year. hope we can do something to balance out the ratio between the number of guys and girls!!

aerospace materials next year. pls quote if you're doing the same thing! :biggrin:
Reply 262
Original post by AlexB1001
It's a quote from the MALE character in her avatar. :biggrin:

Fo' realz?! :rofl3: Well, with a name like LOST...(insert pseudo-clever jibe about how the title of the show correlates to Ariane's state of mind ;P)
Reply 263
Original post by southminor
judging by this thread alone, there are quite a number of girls who would be in imperial next year. hope we can do something to balance out the ratio between the number of guys and girls!!

aerospace materials next year. pls quote if you're doing the same thing! :biggrin:

Not my course, but my *guy* mate has an offer for it. :tongue:

The ratio of the uni as a whole currently stands at like 60+ guys to 30+ girls if I'm not wrong. o_o Though for medicine and biology courses, it's nearly 1:1...
Original post by arianex
Not my course, but my *guy* mate has an offer for it. :tongue:

The ratio of the uni as a whole currently stands at like 60+ guys to 30+ girls if I'm not wrong. o_o Though for medicine and biology courses, it's nearly 1:1...

i honestly don't see why people care about the ratio!

IT'S LONDON

i already have about 20950295 friends here (though i do live here haha). and because its part of the university of london, we'll be hanging out with LSE and UCL people anyway!
Get that :P off the Aero eng list o.o . Just kidding :P - but really, we need a better emoticon!
Reply 266
Original post by southminor

Are you volunteering for The Operation? :colone:

In other news, you have been list-ed!

Original post by ViralRiver
Get that :P off the Aero eng list o.o . Just kidding :P - but really, we need a better emoticon!

I liked it, because it looks like a guy I know who's applying for aero eng :wink: Suggest me a different one and I'll change it...
.:::ike::ike::ike::ike:::.
Original post by AlexB1001
I saw your avatar. A Lost fan?! At Imperial?!

I guess I will be seeing you in another life, brother!

:eek:
You deserve 1000000000000 rep for that comment!!!! :biggrin: Rep rep rep for you!
And yes brother, I will see you in another life too :biggrin: Gotta love Desmond :love: Pleased to meet another Lost fan :hugs:
:angelwings: perfect for aero-ers :O!
On another note, I can't be the only one doing maths and further maths over both years, instead of one in the first and the other in the last.. so who's taking C3 or M2 in january (edexcel only..)! What's everyone thinking so far about them? I'm content with C3, and should definitely be in the 90+ range, but I need to get as many marks as possible. Just one misinterpretation and it can all go out of the window.. As for M2, I'll start revising that later, but I only need an A in further maths so it's not much of a worry.

Anyone else being forced to carry on their fourth subject? I am >< - and it's chemistry, and well I can't do it xD. Here's to me getting a C if I'm lucky (luckily it's not in my offer).

Finally... accommodation - where are people looking at, and why?

-----

Just some things to discuss ^_^
Reply 270
On another note, I can't be the only one doing maths and further maths over both years, instead of one in the first and the other in the last.. so who's taking C3 or M2 in january (edexcel only..)! What's everyone thinking so far about them? I'm content with C3, and should definitely be in the 90+ range, but I need to get as many marks as possible. Just one misinterpretation and it can all go out of the window.. As for M2, I'll start revising that later, but I only need an A in further maths so it's not much of a worry.

Anyone else being forced to carry on their fourth subject? I am >< - and it's chemistry, and well I can't do it xD. Here's to me getting a C if I'm lucky (luckily it's not in my offer).

Finally... accommodation - where are people looking at, and why?

-----

Just some things to discuss ^_^

Dang, my C3 papers only come around June. :tongue: G'luck when the actual exams roll around, you'll do fine ^^

Outta curiousity, just why were you being forced to carry on with Chemistry? :/

Accommodation - I really like the halls at Prince's Gardens (Eastside, Southside, Garden/Weeks); though Beit isn't too bad either. But then again, Eastside and Southside are the more expensive ones because they're newer...dang nabbit, me and my slightly high-end tastes ><

All I know is that I'd be really happy if I got allocated to any one of the halls just 2mins away from the South Kensington campus - but if that's not meant to be, I'll consider buying new skates to rollerblade to school (just for the lulz - and it cuts 20 mins down to 10 probably :biggrin:)

Got no qualms about being allocated a shared room or one sans ensuite, because I've experienced those conditions in boarding school. Though I wonder whether people are better at cleaning up after themselves at uni (read: hair in the shower, etc) :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by arianex
Dang, my C3 papers only come around June. :tongue: G'luck when the actual exams roll around, you'll do fine ^^

Outta curiousity, just why were you being forced to carry on with Chemistry? :/

Accommodation - I really like the halls at Prince's Gardens (Eastside, Southside, Garden/Weeks); though Beit isn't too bad either. But then again, Eastside and Southside are the more expensive ones because they're newer...dang nabbit, me and my slightly high-end tastes ><

All I know is that I'd be really happy if I got allocated to any one of the halls just 2mins away from the South Kensington campus - but if that's not meant to be, I'll consider buying new skates to rollerblade to school (just for the lulz - and it cuts 20 mins down to 10 probably :biggrin:)

Got no qualms about being allocated a shared room or one sans ensuite, because I've experienced those conditions in boarding school. Though I wonder whether people are better at cleaning up after themselves at uni (read: hair in the shower, etc) :tongue:

My C3 was going to be in June, but I didn't want to have 3 exams in Jan and like 8 in June so I pushed it up in to Jan. Apparently Further Maths isn't a real subject so I have to take Chemistry as well...

I know nothing about the accommodation. I've been in the newer ones during my interview day (by Ethos I think) and that's about it. I love the idea of rollerskating though!
Reply 272
Original post by nikita_atikin
:eek:
You deserve 1000000000000 rep for that comment!!!! :biggrin: Rep rep rep for you!
And yes brother, I will see you in another life too :biggrin: Gotta love Desmond :love: Pleased to meet another Lost fan :hugs:

There's actually quite a lot of us over here, and a bunch of us planned ahead and watched each episode in order, before staying up to watch the show finale streamed live from America.

We're not crazy at all.

Joke:
Why did the Man in Black cross the island?

Spoiler

Reply 273
My C3 was going to be in June, but I didn't want to have 3 exams in Jan and like 8 in June so I pushed it up in to Jan. Apparently Further Maths isn't a real subject so I have to take Chemistry as well...

I know nothing about the accommodation. I've been in the newer ones during my interview day (by Ethos I think) and that's about it. I love the idea of rollerskating though!

Further Maths isn't a real subject? Geez, that's almost like putting it on par with Critical Thinking and General Studies. ><

Ah...that was probably Eastside or Southside. I must say they're very snazzy, although they're in the top 2 price bands (there are about 5.) If this gives you a better idea...there are 3 "villages" for Imperial halls of residences:
- South Kensington (Prince's Gardens + Beit - main school is literally at your doorstep, 2mins away),
- Evelyn Gardens (Bernard Sunley, Fisher, Holbein, Southwell, Willis Jackson - 20mins walk away from the main campus)
- and I believe the last one's called West London (Wilson House, Orient House, Parsons House, Pembridge, etc - also 20-odd mins walk away.)

If anything, I think the medics would benefit more from the halls further away from South Kensington; because I believe those halls are closer to the teaching hospitals - well, depends on which one you're allocated to?
(edited 13 years ago)
Ahh okay thanks. And yeah, I know what you mean, I asked them last year whether I would be able to drop chemistry and there was no doubt in their reply. Eughh.. my sixth form is crap...

Well, as long as I can get the A*AA I need I don't really care what happens with my chemistry ^^'.
Reply 275
Still haven't heard anything from imperial.

I applied for theoretical physics with predictions of A*A*A*A (Physics, Maths, chemistry & Bio). However, I screwed up some basic maths in the interview. :frown:

Can I have an unbiased opinion on my chances. I'm so worried.

Is there anybody else in a similar position?

Thanks.
Original post by Cyco
There's actually quite a lot of us over here, and a bunch of us planned ahead and watched each episode in order, before staying up to watch the show finale streamed live from America.

We're not crazy at all.

Joke:

Spoiler

Aha I lol'd at that joke! :wink: Here is the only one I know (and it's pathetic but hey ho)

What do you get wen you cross the leader of the Others with a citrus fruit?

Spoiler

Glad to know there is a mini Imperial Lost cult! I wonder if there's a Lost society at Imperial :biggrin:
Original post by Cyco

We're not crazy at all.

Joke:

Spoiler

Haha, we're just nerds. I love that :biggrin:
Original post by Schnecke
My sister had this experience, but at Cambridge, so I'm well aware of the disadvantages and am not too fussed rejection-wise. Imperial is likely going to be my firm as I'd absolutely love to live in London. My main problem is the high offer they gave me.

Also great albums in your sig. Got to love Muse.

Yeah Im also a bit unsure about my offer. But in March when I get results from January exams at least I will have a better idea of what grades I am going to get, and pick a uni with that in mind. What is your offer out of interest?

and thanks :tongue: :muse:

Im kind of doing the same as you for maths. In January I'm doing C4 and M2. I did C3 in the summer, but the exam went quite badly so Im resitting that as well (79% if you're wondering). Its annoying because leading up to the exam I was getting high scores in the mocks, but I just kind of panicked in the exam. Hopefully I will improve on it this time
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Supernovae
Yeah Im also a bit unsure about my offer. But in March when I get results from January exams at least I will have a better idea of what grades I am going to get, and pick a uni with that in mind. What is your offer out of interest?

and thanks :tongue: :muse:

Im kind of doing the same as you for maths. In January I'm doing C4 and M2. I did C3 in the summer, but the exam went quite badly so Im resitting that as well (79% if you're wondering). Its annoying because leading up to the exam I was getting high scores in the mocks, but I just kind of panicked in the exam. Hopefully I will improve on it this time

Just to let you know, there's a deadline for putting down your firm/insurance, and if I recall correctly, it's before we get our January results (don't quote me on that though).

How is C4 difficulty-wise? From what we've done in class, it seems easier than C3, but then again we haven't started integration yet and apparently that's a beast. Either way I'm becoming a lot more content with C3 now and I want to get as many marks as possible above 90 so C4 is that much less stressful.

I take it you didn't get an offer telling you no resits or anything? I was quite confused as their min. offer for aero is A*AA + As in all maths modules with no resits. They kind of left that off for me :P .

Are you doing Edexcel M2? What are you using as revision material?

Good luck with your exams :smile: .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending