The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Evil Eye

Last day of term yesterday, and I finally made it to Evil Eye.

I was wondering what everyone thinks of the place?
The menu's huuge, so any favourites?

Shame the place stank of sick, and the long island ice tea wasn't as nice as I thought it'd be, but the shooter I had and the key west cooler was goood.

Just interested!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
personally i love the place, the Evil Zombie is my favourite... its 7 quid but well worth it considering how strong it is, if i remember rightly its 7 shots of rum and 1 shot of absinthe... mmmm
oh and the sunday dinners are lush!
University of York
York
Really nice place, upstairs is decent to sit; and yeah, the Evil Zombie is pretty popular..
Reply 3
Too hippyish for me, but great food (if you can afford it).

They make the staff drink on duty. Like, basically force them to, I can't condone an organisation like Evil Eye.
Evil Eye?? :s-smilie: WHat's this? It's a place?? :s-smilie:

I saw the title and thought it was to do with magical/supersticious evil eye...that made me interested.....

But now ...interest...is lost....

apart from the interest of what is this Evil Eye place??? :s-smilie:
I cannot stand it. It's always rammed, and impossible to get a seat. The bar staff scare me quite a bit to be honest too. It used to be a little known gem, and now its totally over run. I like trembling madness better, but not been in ages.
Reply 6
Original post by purple_starlight
Evil Eye?? :s-smilie: WHat's this? It's a place?? :s-smilie:

I saw the title and thought it was to do with magical/supersticious evil eye...that made me interested.....

But now ...interest...is lost....

apart from the interest of what is this Evil Eye place??? :s-smilie:

Its a bar in York that does LOADS of lethal cocktails/shots.
Reply 7
Personally i love it, i take people who visit there all the time and they think its the best bar in York.
I dislike the staff but I love sitting in bed upstairs drinking the cocktails when it's quiet!

A few of my faves are Apple Strudel, Persian Carpet Ride, Majestyk Melon and Dick Turpin. I haven't tried the food yet but apparently it's really nice.
The food is indeed very nice :awesome:
Reply 10
The Vesper Martini's absolutely incredible.
I need to have a Heaven one of these days. Chocolate cocktail. Want.
HOnestly, it is not worth the price for the dingy and nasty Reggae style they are going for.
Never thought I'd agree with Jimbo, but it's a tip. Too expensive, too small and a bit of a ****hole.
Reply 14
Just looking in, I never got what the fuss was about with my friends :s-smilie:
Reply 15
How is it too expensive? Excellent cocktails for £5.

A lot of places, when it comes to cocktails, you wont be able to get 2 for £10.
Reply 16
Honestly, I'm inclined to agree on the price front. Very, very few worthwhile cocktails are under £5. You're looking at £6.50+ per drink.

Very much a novelty.
But oh, what a novelty.
Original post by Jimbo1234
HOnestly, it is not worth the price for the dingy and nasty Reggae style they are going for.

Reggae style? Wut?

I think it's fun, and you get an excellent range of drinks to choose from. Overpriced, though, to be sure.
Original post by TruckBear
Reggae style? Wut?

I think it's fun, and you get an excellent range of drinks to choose from. Overpriced, though, to be sure.

Well the tropical run down dingy **** hole theme they are going for.
Reply 19
Original post by Meadows14
I can't condone an organisation like Evil Eye.

One phrase I never thought I'd see.

Quick Reply

Latest