The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Easier. Or look easy even if they aren't.
Which clubs do you go to ?

I have a friend who's gorgeous and nobody leaves her alone. Not to mention the inapropriate gropping when she's in a crowd. She doesn't go to a lot of clubs anymore apart from going to gay bars a lot.

A few weeks ago she was in a club and Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere were trying to get her to come up into the VIP room with them.

Now I'm in a relationship I find gay bars more fun and my gf and this friend like the fact you are left alone. Also the gay male attention is good for my ego :smile:

Also what do you mean by male attention ? If you mean chatting up then maybe but in London sometimes a girl walks into a club and nearly every male head turns. It's like the universal silent guy acknowledgement for serious hotness.
Original post by Grace*
men are can actually be quite shy in reality, they are intimidated by the pretty ones.:ike:

:colondollar:
Reply 43
Original post by Jenii
Why do ugly/fat girls get more male attention in clubs than pretty girls?

They don't

Seriously, where are you going out?

The responses on this thread suggest otherwise.
Reply 44
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
Which clubs do you go to ?

I have a friend who's gorgeous and nobody leaves her alone. Not to mention the inapropriate gropping when she's in a crowd. She doesn't go to a lot of clubs anymore apart from going to gay bars a lot.

A few weeks ago she was in a club and Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere were trying to get her to come up into the VIP room with them.

Now I'm in a relationship I find gay bars more fun and my gf and this friend like the fact you are left alone. Also the gay male attention is good for my ego :smile:

Also what do you mean by male attention ? If you mean chatting up then maybe but in London sometimes a girl walks into a club and nearly every male head turns. It's like the universal silent guy acknowledgement for serious hotness.

Yes, I meant chatting up. Guys may stare at pretty girls, but I meant actually approaching them.

Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere are not 'normal' guys. They will have much higher standards than the average guy because they are not as likely to get rejected. If you're talking about 'exclusive' clubs in London like Mahiki, then yes, pretty girls get a lot of attention. Also, fat/ugly girls are not likely to be allowed in anyway (it's sad but true). I was talking about normal clubs and bars that let most people in.
You're shallow.
Clowns will get you now.
Reply 46
Original post by lechaton-x
What kind of places have you been going to? Do you seriously think deformed heffers are getting all of the guys?!

Of course a guy might feel more inclined to go for a plainer girl rather than a supah hot one out of fear of getting rejected, ect. ect....but I seriously doubt they'd go near someone who was completely unfortunate in the looks department :/

You never heard of beer goggles?
Original post by Bravery
Classic pulling game plan.

Set up reserve fatties/munters as a last resort at the start of the night.

Leave them after a an hour or so then move on to average/hot gash to try and pull.

Pull a hot girl - go home with her

If not - find the fattie at the end of the night.

That made me laugh. A lot.

I think guys will generally attempt the attractive girls first..surely rejection isn't that embarassing when most people are off the faces anyway?
I don't think it's that much down to looks - I once saw a guy in a club try it on (unsuccesfully) with about 5 girls who were all in the same group, obviously not bothered about any of their looks.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, I meant chatting up. Guys may stare at pretty girls, but I meant actually approaching them.

Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere are not 'normal' guys. They will have much higher standards than the average guy because they are not as likely to get rejected. If you're talking about 'exclusive' clubs in London like Mahiki, then yes, pretty girls get a lot of attention. Also, fat/ugly girls are not likely to be allowed in anyway (it's sad but true). I was talking about normal clubs and bars that let most people in.

Well even if that's the case what's the problem ? I know a lot of pretty girls and even if they don't get chatted up as much in clubs the one thing they don't have problems with is getting guys. Are your model friends really struggling to find boyfriends ?

Are your friends fashion models or glamour models ? You know fashion models are chosen based on how much they appeal to women and not men ? I'm not saying they aren't still very attractive but it shouldn't be a case of they go out and they get stalked. Glamour models are the ones that appeal to men more (hence the name)

From the impression I get from some of the more attractive girls I know, they wish people would leave them alone more in clubs. So if the so called ''fat and ugly'' girls are getting some attention and the pretty girls are happy enough then who loses here ?
Another thing we forget is that (in my experience anyway) girls have a very warped view of what is considered hot by guys.

Me and my mates might all be in accordance that a girl isn't anything special, but many girls will think she's as fit as (and vice versa).

What you might think is "fat" might actually be what guys i know would call "thick" or "backoff".
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by rylit91
My cousin is a prime example of this. Mind you, she's made quite a name for herself in Sheffield, well, anywhere she goes, and is renowned for being easy. I disown her.

What's her name:tongue:
Reply 51
Tbh it just sounds like you are making generalisations here, especially when how ugly/fat is can be down to individual perception.

Maybe if someone finds a girl very attractive they are either too afraid of failure or believe they are inadequate in some way so choose not to approach them. Either way if they choose to do this it is choosing to fail at the first hurdle. Or maybe the aforementioned attractive girls are being approached and you just don't see it ?
Reply 52
Original post by Converse
What's her name:tongue:

If I did name her, I really wouldn't be surprised if you had heard of her. :frown:
Original post by rylit91
My cousin is a prime example of this. Mind you, she's made quite a name for herself in Sheffield, well, anywhere she goes, and is renowned for being easy. I disown her.

Can I have her number? :wink:
Reply 54
Original post by united.spammers

You'll probably find it in any number of telephone boxes around Sheffield...
Reply 55
Original post by rylit91
If I did name her, I really wouldn't be surprised if you had heard of her. :frown:

Give me her name and number. I'll check if I have it in my phone.
Reply 56
Original post by united.spammers

Bruv she's mine.
Reply 57
Original post by Converse
Give me her name and number. I'll check if I have it in my phone.

I couldn't possibly. Besides, she's probably got a waiting list.
Reply 58
Original post by lt001
Tbh it just sounds like you are making generalisations here, especially when how ugly/fat is can be down to individual perception.

Ok, being ugly is down to individual perception, but being fat really isn't - some people are undeniably fat.
Reply 59
Original post by Anonymous
Whenever I go out with a group of my female friends, I notice that the overweight one or the ones that are generally considered ugly get so many guys approaching them on nights out in clubs. The really pretty ones (two of them are models) don't get guys coming up to them anywhere near as much. I've actually noticed this pattern with different groups of my female friends, so I don't think it's a coincidence.Do you think it's because guys assume fat girls or ugly girls are more desperate or have lower standards and are more likely to say 'yes'?

Yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending