The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WharfedaleTiger
As a Lions fan I thought I'd just say this:

Mo ****ing De Andry Levy Dude.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

5 wins!

2 years time. Detroit will be a force! If you find a way to keep Stafford healthy.
not happy about tonights game being cancelled, especially with it being boxing day and me being able to actually watch an NBC game live :frown:
Original post by TheBlackMonster
not happy about tonights game being cancelled, especially with it being boxing day and me being able to actually watch an NBC game live :frown:

It made me really angry! Not just the fact that I couldn't watch a game that I too had been waiting for, they cancelled a game because of snow!

Firstly, these guys are men. Not children. Secondly the Patriots/Packers/Bears and even the Bills to some extent play in freezing sub-zero snowy conditions week in week out. It's beyond unfair. Vick and the Eagles complain about some snow and get their game rescheduled! Either this doesn't happen again or they set a precedent where any team that wants their game moved can have so.
Original post by S129439
It made me really angry! Not just the fact that I couldn't watch a game that I too had been waiting for, they cancelled a game because of snow!

Firstly, these guys are men. Not children. Secondly the Patriots/Packers/Bears and even the Bills to some extent play in freezing sub-zero snowy conditions week in week out. It's beyond unfair. Vick and the Eagles complain about some snow and get their game rescheduled! Either this doesn't happen again or they set a precedent where any team that wants their game moved can have so.

Channel 4 arent even going to show it on Tuesday night, which is even more infuriating :angry:
Channel 4 arent even going to show it on Tuesday night, which is even more infuriating :angry:

why the hell not? channel 4's daytime schedule is poor so this game should be a gift!
Original post by S129439
why the hell not? channel 4's daytime schedule is poor so this game should be a gift!

no idea, but i'm guessing it's because they are showing other great and exciting shows at 1am in the morning!
Original post by WharfedaleTiger
As a Lions fan I thought I'd just say this:

Mo ****ing De Andry Levy Dude.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

5 wins!

Well, Henne throwing the game away like that may be a blessing in disguise. The owner of the Phins was not happy, and it'll probably mean there'll be big offensive changes for us coming up. We're 31st in the NFL on offense, so it can barely get worse. Our season was already over anyway really. Just lucky that a top 5/10 defense makes us look vaguely respectable.
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
Well, Henne throwing the game away like that may be a blessing in disguise. The owner of the Phins was not happy, and it'll probably mean there'll be big offensive changes for us coming up. We're 31st in the NFL on offense, so it can barely get worse. Our season was already over anyway really. Just lucky that a top 5/10 defense makes us look vaguely respectable.

you're facing us this weekend :colone:
Original post by OxfordGoBrach

you're facing us this weekend :colone:

Problem for Patriots perhaps?

Dolphins have top 5 defense. We have best offense but this is a meaningless game. If we rest up the starters after the first half Miami could nick it. Belichick will probably treat it like the superbowl as per usual but it could happen. We don't want another Welker :frown: (touch wood)
What a victory by the Saints last night, don't think we'll win the division but believe now that we can beat Atlanta if we meet them in the playoffs which seems quite likely.

Who Dat!
Reply 130
So the chargers are out. So dissapointed about this (im a chargers fan btw) but glad for the chiefs and especially matt casell and also glad that the talk about the chargers being a late season team will have to be dismissed and the team will actually have to start playin in SEPTEMBER like everyone else.

Fellow charges fan (or people that know their nfl) what are youre opinions on norv and AJ, think that one or both of them will need to leave in order for the chargers to ever get to the SB. Im undecided but think we should give them at least 1 more year.
Original post by 419
So the chargers are out. So dissapointed about this (im a chargers fan btw) but glad for the chiefs and especially matt casell and also glad that the talk about the chargers being a late season team will have to be dismissed and the team will actually have to start playin in SEPTEMBER like everyone else.

Fellow charges fan (or people that know their nfl) what are youre opinions on norv and AJ, think that one or both of them will need to leave in order for the chargers to ever get to the SB. Im undecided but think we should give them at least 1 more year.

Yep Chargers need to realise that the NFL opens up in week 1 not week 7.

As for norv and AJ. They need to go. They had Phillip Rivers, LT, Vincent Jackson, Antonio Cromartie. They still couldn't win Jack.

Did you realise the Chargers have the top ranked defense and 2nd ranked offense in the league? And STILL couldn't even make the play-offs! Never mind the Superbowl. This team should have won at least one superbowl if not 2. Instead you have nothing. It's a real shame. Chargers could have been so good.
Very good by the Saints. I still expect the Falcons to win the division but it shows the Saints can beat them on their own turf. But then again you never know if the Panthers can do us a favour then we might sneak in as division winners.
Original post by rugbygreg
What a victory by the Saints last night, don't think we'll win the division but believe now that we can beat Atlanta if we meet them in the playoffs which seems quite likely.

Who Dat!

I always thought the Saints would beat Atlanta in the Play-offs but lose to them last night. Now I'm starting to think the opposite. Can the Falcons be beaten at home twice by the same team? I don't know :s-smilie: . Brees will have to stop throwing interceptions that's for sure..
Reply 134
Original post by S129439

Did you realise the Chargers have the top ranked defense and 2nd ranked offense in the league?

I didnt actually realise this until the colts game when they commetators kept going on about it and i looked into. I was like WTF, how can you have those stats and not be dominating the pathetic AFC West, losing to NFC West team. It was surprising and very bafling.

In terms of norv and AJ, I think they'll stay especially after the recent statement spanonos (sp?) made. Just hope that AJ stops being so egomatic and just pay VJ, allow putting the franchise tag on him just for one year.

I know people say Rivers can throw to anyone (which is true) but every QB needs a no1 receiver in my view. And it also helps our running game develop which I must admit has improved massively this year.
Reply 135
Original post by Genocidal
Very good by the Saints. I still expect the Falcons to win the division but it shows the Saints can beat them on their own turf. But then again you never know if the Panthers can do us a favour then we might sneak in as division winners.

No, don't see the panther beating even the falcons reserve team.

But, im not sure the NFC playoff would necessary go through the georgia dome. Ive got a sneaky feeeling that the SB team from NFC will come from the wildcard rounds.
Original post by S129439
I always thought the Saints would beat Atlanta in the Play-offs but lose to them last night. Now I'm starting to think the opposite. Can the Falcons be beaten at home twice by the same team? I don't know :s-smilie: . Brees will have to stop throwing interceptions that's for sure..

If you ask me this is the start of the end for the Falcons, I say they capitulate from now on and we win the NFC South title after a crushing defeat from the Panthers.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by 419
No, don't see the panther beating even the falcons reserve team.

But, im not sure the NFC playoff would necessary go through the georgia dome. Ive got a sneaky feeeling that the SB team from NFC will come from the wildcard rounds.

Well me neither I think the Panters record is something like 3-13 for the season? But you never know. The Saints will most certainly beat Tampa Bay though this week.
Original post by 419
I didnt actually realise this until the colts game when they commetators kept going on about it and i looked into. I was like WTF, how can you have those stats and not be dominating the pathetic AFC West, losing to NFC West team. It was surprising and very bafling.

The AFC west is not very strong. In fact this has been it's strongest year in a while. The Chiefs were 4th last year, the raiders have been getting high picks in the draft for almost a decade and the Broncos have been poor since Elway left. San Diego had won about 5 back to back AFC west titles before this year. It's ridiculous that they didn't do better when they were practically guaranteed 5 wins in their division a year and so had the inside track to the play-offs and a first round bye. What's worse? The Chargers had the 4th easiest schedule this year. An opposing team record of 45.31% wins. That is diabolical. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/381687-2010-strength-of-schedule-rankings/page/5

Original post by 419
In terms of norv and AJ, I think they'll stay especially after the recent statement spanonos (sp?) made. Just hope that AJ stops being so egomatic and just pay VJ, allow putting the franchise tag on him just for one year.

I would be interested in getting Jackson. Brady doesn't need him, but he would make our offense irresistible :drool:. I think the Chargers would be wise to keep VJ. But whether they will depends on whether Norv stays and the plans for the draft and the future of whoever is head coach next season.

Original post by 419
I know people say Rivers can throw to anyone (which is true) but every QB needs a no1 receiver in my view. And it also helps our running game develop which I must admit has improved massively this year.

I don't know if I agree on that one. Yes the running game has improved massively but if we take the Patriots as an example, our offense will have a 1000 yard back this season (if not a few yards short) and an incredibly potent passing attack where there isn't a number one receiver. Perhaps we are an anomaly. I mean Peyton Manning has Reggie Wayne, Aaron Rodgers has Greg Jennings, Matt Ryan has Roddy White. Although I think you could make a case for Brees not having a number one target ...
Original post by rugbygreg
If you ask me this is the start of the end for the Falcons, I say they capitulate from now on and we win the NFC South title after a crushing defeat from the Panthers.

The Panthers couldn't beat themselves. Falcons will win. I don't believe they will make the Superbowl though