The Student Room Group

Is this a talent ...

I can guess where people are from just by looking at their faces. And not even countrywise! I can tell which county theyre from.

Like there was a dude and he showed me pics of him and his band and I told him they looked like they were from the manchester area. And they were!

I don't know if it was a lucky guess because I haven't had many opportunities to try out this skill. (if it is one).

But I got sooo giddy that I guessed where they were from!

So can you tell the diff between brits and americans. Or people from different Counties in england?:biggrin:

Lol you guys are hilarious!

Edit: Okay so probably just a one off thing...I thought about it and I can't seem to name where simon cowell is from.
The title of this thread was designed to attract readers and it did. I don't really think that its a proper talent.I was just curious to see if other people could do it.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Not really. I can tell by their accents..
Reply 2
No cause it's kind of useless. Fun little thing to have in your locker for when you are going out with people though.
Original post by neutralmilkhotel
Not really. I can tell by their accents..

did you even read the OP?

most people can tell where someone's from by their accent :facepalm: what are you trying to say?
you may come off stalker-ish
Reply 5
I can tell what location they come from by the location they tell me they come from.
Original post by Destroyviruses
I can guess where people are from just by looking at their faces. And not even countrywise! I can tell which county theyre from.

Like there was a dude and he showed me pics of him and his band and I told him they looked like they were from the manchester area. And they were!

I don't know if it was a lucky guess because I haven't had many opportunities to try out this skill. (if it is one).

But I got sooo giddy that I guessed where they were from!

So can you tell the diff between brits and americans. Or people from different Counties in england?:biggrin:

Easy. Just look at the difference between their waist lines.
Original post by racaha
See if you can guess people on here? :smile:

Who'd be willing to show pictures to a stranger!
Original post by Liam 09
No cause it's kind of useless. Fun little thing to have in your locker for when you are going out with people though.

Aw,I'm not the going out sort. So its completely useless!
Original post by Destroyviruses
Who'd be willing to show pictures to a stranger!

It's done all the time on Facebook, newspapers even.
U guessed where one group of ppl were from and ur bowled over and thinking u have a major talent. Get off TSR and do something useful with ur life, real talent must be acquired!
Have you actually done it more than once?
I can recognise almost anybody I know of from the bottom half of their face.
It's not very useful.
no
Reply 14
If it makes you happy diddums
If you have to ask, it's probably not a talent.
Reply 16
that's really impressive. you should probably apply to britain's got talent.
If you could look at man from Lesotho (could've picked any random country) and work out the exact part of Lesotho he's from then yes that's a talent but otherwise it's just ****.
No, it's not a ****ing talent. IT'S A POWER.
Original post by professortobe
U guessed where one group of ppl were from and ur bowled over and thinking u have a major talent. Get off TSR and do something useful with ur life, real talent must be acquired!

Hehe, youre right. (I'm going to cure cancer eventually don't worry!) I have abita talent in the sciences. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending