The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ch0llima
Nope. Consider it beneficial to you - if she's quiet and reserved, she's very likely to be attracting less male attention which leaves the field clear for you.

What i was thinking.
Reply 21
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Her womenhood? :lolwut: .

Sorry about the mistake but unfortunately Im not from the UK or an English speaking country. It have been only 5 years now since I've learnt my first English word

Sorry again about the mistake :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
no. shy quiet pretty girls are def the best
Original post by cylon
Sorry about the mistake but unfortunately Im not from the UK or an English speaking country. It have been only 5 years now since I've learnt my first English word

The correct word is femininity. :tongue:
Reply 24
I go around unnoticed
Reply 25
I would say no but now I'm not sure :s
Original post by cylon

:tongue: Just an uncommon expression that's all.
I am sometimes quiet and shy, if I honestly have nothing to say or the atmosphere is strange where I can't really joke about and where it has been hard to make friends. So sometimes at uni am more reserved, have tried making friends but heck it has been difficult, I now have proper mates and a lot of them are guys but just mates :smile:

Used to be popular when I moved from a girl's high school to a middle classed mixed sixth form, fresh start so enjoyed making new good mates straightaway. When in a girl's school, a lot of girls thought I looked good, some even said that if they were male they would do things to me :s-smilie:

Sometimes I prefer to sit next to noone I know in the library, otherwise I get distracted easily. I put close to no effort in looks for uni but look OK. Hmm... I also glance around occasionally raising my head from a book, take a quick look to see if there's any hope of seeing any cute nerds about *le sighs*
(edited 13 years ago)
i'm quite reserved and i tend to keep myself to myself in college and i don't really hang out with boys.. alot of people say i'm very pretty and so i always get boys asking my friends for my number and stuff.. so i think you do get noticed even if you're not very loud but you are pretty.
This is interesting as from my experience I've found guys tend to feel more comfortable with the louder/confident girls than with quieter/shy girls, regardless of whether they find them attractive :tongue:

Lots of people have always said they think I'm 'pretty','attractive' and I have a 'nice body' etc but as I wear glasses and don't wear make-up I just always presume they're just trying to be nice :tongue: lol.
I am a very quiet/shy person (does have something to do with being bullied when younger I am sure) and @ school I used to get guys mess around/take the mick and I always presumed when they messed around about 'fancying' me they were joking - I don't take messing so don't worry, they rarely escaped unscathed :wink: :tongue: - and that gradually faded away as I got older as they realised I wouldn't put up with it and guys became friends :tongue: lol.
However, lately I've had more male attention than I'm used to, not so much right now but very recently (please see my 'What to do??' thread :tongue:), but I'm never completely happy with the way I look and am always suspicous of guys so I rarely believe when people say I'm'pretty' etc, that particular recent experience backs this up :tongue: lol.

So basically I think if a girl is pretty but shy/quiet she is likely to get noticed to a small extent, but more so by confident guys who want to make some sort of point about noticing her :smile:

Little do they know that it's the quiet/shy girls who can be most interesting to talk to..... :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Mujeriego
The correct word is femininity. :tongue:

Oh thank you :smile:
Reply 31
No. Shy/quiet ones are generally preferred
Reply 32
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
:tongue: Just an uncommon expression that's all.

It's ok :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by emmaD96
I go around unnoticed

Me too
Original post by Little_My
I'm quite shy, but I don't mind not getting much attention because of it since I know that the guy that likes me for who I am, with my shyness and necroses, will be a keeper :smile:

I know necroses for neuroses is an easy mistake to make, but that has genuinely made my evening :teehee: +rep
Reply 35
Original post by chloemo14
I know necroses for neuroses is an easy mistake to make, but that has genuinely made my evening :teehee: +rep

oh bugger it, but thanks XD
Reply 36
Do shy, quiet girls go unnoticed, even if they are pretty?

No. If they are genuinely pretty, rather than just average looking (in which case why bother when their quietness could be arrogance) then boys will notice them.

Do shy, quiet boys go unnoticed, even if they are handsome?

Yes. Girls can resent a male who is shy and quiet. Maybe it makes the girl feel unfeminine to be with someone who seems to display more coy supposedly 'feminine' traits than they do.
Maybe they subconsciously think that the male will be unable to defend her in the event of some caveman / wild boar attack (they overlook the fact that this is now the 21st century and in the 80s 'new men' were all the rage).
I think guys will always notice pretty girls, but the shy quiet ones from my experience tend to be the deepest thinkers and the best ones at knocking you off your feet.
I'm quite a confident outgoing guy, but the girl I like (secretly I may add) is blonde, a typical english rose really, very pretty - the whole school has noticed her. She's quiet though, definitely not loud. She's very shy, but all her close friends see a different side to her. I think that's definitely the key, if they are shy and quiet with everyone then they are probably just a bit boring and lacking personality, if they are just shy with people they don't really know you've got a much deeper character. Just experience.
ahhhh i know, right!?

and im really shy in person but not that pretty so i can comment personally but i lived in at college and i knew this one girl who no ever noticed but she was really pretty, so it sucks! x
Reply 39
no.
my ex gfs cant even have 2 minutes alone in bar or club.

Latest

Trending

Trending