The Student Room Group

How to hint to a girl that i still like her?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
games and subtle hints don't get anyone anywhere. Tell her and she'll know where she stands :smile:
Tell her. What's the worst that can happen? At least you'll know how she feels about you. Good luck :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by jenny.chu
games and subtle hints don't get anyone anywhere. Tell her and she'll know where she stands :smile:

so if i just tell her that i still like her do i have a chance, be it how little or small with her, considering the situation and our relationship, that we still talk and when we are talking together there isnt any awkwardness and she infact banters with me. The relationship is relaxed and casual, even tho she knows that i like her.

When i do tell her, do i tell her that i like her and ask her bowling or do i tell her that i like her, wait for her reaction and then ask her out??
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymous
so if i just tell her that i still like her do i have a chance, be it how little or small with her, considering the situation and our relationship, that we still talk and when we are talking together there isnt any awkwardness and she infact banters with me. The relationship is relaxed and casual, even tho she knows that i like her.

When i do tell her, do i tell her that i like her and ask her bowling or do i tell her that i like her, wait for her reaction and then ask her out??

Well this is only advice and I don't really wanna give you instructions on what you do just incase it goes horribly wrong and it would be my advice that got you in that :cool:

You'll only know where you stand and what chance you have if you're upfront about it surely? If she's a real friend and someone worth having in your life then there won't be any awkwardness or change in your relationship (for the worse).

For one you should probably tell her face-to-face and when it's just you two. It's probably best to wait for her reaction so it doesn't seem like you're being pushy/forward.
Reply 44
Well this is only advice and I don't really wanna give you instructions on what you do just incase it goes horribly wrong and it would be my advice that got you in that :cool:

You'll only know where you stand and what chance you have if you're upfront about it surely? If she's a real friend and someone worth having in your life then there won't be any awkwardness or change in your relationship (for the worse).

For one you should probably tell her face-to-face and when it's just you two. It's probably best to wait for her reaction so it doesn't seem like you're being pushy/forward.

ok cool, thank you for that piece of advice.

Im pretty sure there wont be any change in our relaitonship it didnt change before when i told her i liked her and i doubt there will be a change when i tell her that i still like her.

Now do I wait for her reaction over a period of days, or do i wait for her reaction when im with her, in like her immediate reaction after i tell her that i still like her.
Reply 45
ok cool, thank you for that piece of advice.

Im pretty sure there wont be any change in our relaitonship it didnt change before when i told her i liked her and i doubt there will be a change when i tell her that i still like her.

Now do I wait for her reaction over a period of days, or do i wait for her reaction when im with her, in like her immediate reaction after i tell her that i still like her.

Maybe just say "so what do you think about that?" obviously not right away, could give her a few minutes just to accept it and think about it.

But if I was in her shoes and the guy left it for a few days I'd think he'd regretted telling me/gone cold about it.

It's up to you though, you know her better than any of us do :redface:
Reply 46
Maybe just say "so what do you think about that?" obviously not right away, could give her a few minutes just to accept it and think about it.

But if I was in her shoes and the guy left it for a few days I'd think he'd regretted telling me/gone cold about it.

It's up to you though, you know her better than any of us do :redface:

right i see, cool, so when you say leave it a few minutes, i could be like

"Create conversation blablabla, I just would like to let you know that i do still like you" and leave it at that until she talks to me or leave it a bit and then talk to her.

Also if i dont see her as il be at work and wont get long to talk to her, may not see her again until later on in the night/the next time we work together do i text her, asking her out or asking her how she felt about me telling her that i still liked her.?

( i sound so stupid dont i :frown:, sorry I have had little to no experience with women, sorry if i sound stupid)
what??

Poker talk.

It means: You think the odds are on your side, when they clearly aren't. And are arrogant enough to be pissed off when the risk you took doesn't pay off.
Reply 48
right i see, cool, so when you say leave it a few minutes, i could be like

"Create conversation blablabla, I just would like to let you know that i do still like you" and leave it at that until she talks to me or leave it a bit and then talk to her.

Also if i dont see her as il be at work and wont get long to talk to her, may not see her again until later on in the night/the next time we work together do i text her, asking her out or asking her how she felt about me telling her that i still liked her.?

( i sound so stupid dont i :frown:, sorry I have had little to no experience with women, sorry if i sound stupid)

I wouldn't really say anything like that over text, just seems insensitive. + Yeah maybe leave it until she talks because she's bound to respond at some point. But if she just goes quiet then maybe ask her just to break the silence.

Instead of saying anything outright (her out/how she feels) via text, could always ask her by text to hang out afterwards or something? Then ask her then when you meet up. But don't like continuously ask as she might find it annoying/clingy.
Reply 49
I wouldn't really say anything like that over text, just seems insensitive. + Yeah maybe leave it until she talks because she's bound to respond at some point. But if she just goes quiet then maybe ask her just to break the silence.

Instead of saying anything outright (her out/how she feels) via text, could always ask her by text to hang out afterwards or something? Then ask her then when you meet up. But don't like continuously ask as she might find it annoying/clingy.

so heres what i should do right:

Make Conversation
Tell her that i still like her
See how she reacts
(depending on how she reacts ask her out, whether how she reacts when she sees me again or immediately or leaving it a while, just gota see how she reacts on whether or not its good or not to go ahead and ask her)

Sound good?
Reply 50
so heres what i should do right:

Make Conversation
Tell her that i still like her
See how she reacts
(depending on how she reacts ask her out, whether how she reacts when she sees me again or immediately or leaving it a while, just gota see how she reacts on whether or not its good or not to go ahead and ask her)

Sound good?

You're thinking about this waaaay too much!

But yeah go along with that plan and see what happens.

You must reeeally like her :redface:
Normally people will just hang out with someone, make it more often, realise they like them, mention it casually then go from there.
I hope it works out for you :smile:
Ahh man I am in the same situation as you too!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending