The Student Room Group

Poll: Would you rather live in a city or village?

Poll

Would you rather live in a city or village?

This is branching on from the other thread that has arisen this debate so lets settle it and get an accurate figure!

1. Say where you live. (city, town or village)

2. If you chose city, say whats so good about it and diss village life.
or
If you chose village say whats so good about it and diss city life.

Note: town is not an option!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I live in a village and find it quite boring as most of my friends live in other villages and even with the ones that are here, there is nothing to do with them so we just get the **** expensive late bus into the city and if we were already living in the city this would not be necessary and you would meet more people and have more friends living closer.
Reply 2
1. Village, but it's about a 4 minutes from town.
2. It's relatively quiet, and it it's not overloaded with people. It is boring though.

I would rather live in a town/small city though, it gets the best of both worlds.
Reply 3
i live in... LEICESTER!!! it's pretty ****e most of the time :biggrin:
Reply 4
1. I live in a village
2. Villages are good, nice and quiet but its easy enough to get into town if you need to go
Reply 5
i live in the inner-city but would rather live on the outskirts of a city!
Reply 6
I live in a city of 35.000/40.000 people. A little boring, but I like it. I don't like overcrowded cities. Mine is quiet and nice.
(edited 13 years ago)
love the last option.

and would far prefer village to a city. as long as it wasn't completely completely in the middle of nowhere hours away from anything

reasons... villages (in my experience) tend to have more of a community feel to them. too many people really irritate me. i like the countryside.
(edited 13 years ago)
I would love to live in a little village that's connected by rail, but is outside of a city. I don't mind cities but I want to be able to see the stars at night, breathe fresh air and have access to the big outdoors. I didn't realise how hard it was to get into the countryside from the inner city without a car until I moved to Leicester for uni, and it is seriously depressing.
Reply 9
Original post by No Man
1. Village, but it's about a 4 minutes from town.
2. It's relatively quiet, and it it's not overloaded with people. It is boring though.

I would rather live in a town/small city though, it gets the best of both worlds.

Thats why Ididnt put town as an option! So, would you rather live in a city or village? (both average size)
Reply 10
Thing is it depends what stage of life?

I grew up in a village that isn't that far away from a city and I think it's great.
I go to University in a large city and love it, though I like being able to escape to see grass and trees and stuff :p:

So -- whilst I am at University/young professional/not got children I'd like to continue living in a city
When I want to start a family I'd like to move to the suburbs so you get the best of both, small community & not far from a city
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
I would love to live in a little village that's connected by rail, but is outside of a city. I don't mind cities but I want to be able to see the stars at night, breathe fresh air and have access to the big outdoors. I didn't realise how hard it was to get into the countryside from the inner city without a car until I moved to Leicester for uni.

That would be nice but would you rather live in your average city or average village? (ie a village with **** public transport)
I wish I could live at Hogwarts. :emo:

I know this isn't relevant, but I cried when I realised at the age of 12 I wasn't getting in. :sad:
Original post by Lozza_00
That would be nice but would you rather live in your average city or average village? (ie a village with **** public transport)

I would settle for living in an average city as long as it wasn't right in the city centre. The average village is dull.
Original post by lekky
Thing is it depends what stage of life?

I grew up in a village that isn't that far away from a city and I think it's great.
I go to University in a large city and love it, though I like being able to escape to see grass and trees and stuff :p:

So -- whilst I am at University/young professional/not got children I'd like to continue living in a city
When I want to start a family I'd like to move to the suburbs so you get the best of both, small community & not far from a city

This.
1. Suburb of Manchester. It's rather boring (for lack of a better word)
2. Definitely city for me... I'd get bored otherwise. A really big city would be great, and right in the middle.
Reply 16
Where I live doesn't even count as a village, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere bigger. I imagine this will change as I get older though - after Uni I can easily see myself living in London.
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
love the last option.

and would far prefer village to a city. as long as it wasn't completely completely in the middle of nowhere hours away from anything

reasons... villages (in my experience) tend to have more of a community feel to them. too many people really irritate me. i like the countryside.

This.

It can be a bit of a pain when you live a bit far away from your friends/uni but it's worth it for the scenery and space.

I think I'd like to live in a city surrounded by countryside.
Reply 18
Without a doubt city. I already live in a village and everything closes at 5. Even the public transport stops running after 6. Everything is backwards in the countryside.
I like variety. Half the time in a city and half in some place with next to no people would be great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending