The Student Room Group

Are you really British ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by p+i+n+k
--- After Scotland which country is the largest in the United Kingdom? -- (it doesn't specify that it is the second biggest)

1. England 130.395 km2
2. Scotland: 78,772 km2
3. Wales : 20,779km2

Whilst it doesn't make a difference as the population and area ordering is the same for the four nations, the question didn't specify whether it was population or land area size.

I got it right but I did spend a good few minutes looking it over and thinking "WTF".
23/24 :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by Anabolicminds
this is a test, imigrants have to take in order to get a British passport...

http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/16

i passed it, 18/24

It's got to be fake, spellings bad and it's full of mistakes. My hubby has to do the test soon and the questions aren't like that.
Reply 63
The test is just stupid, it has little relevance to everyday life and most British people would fail the test.
Original post by DJkG.1
22/24 - and I'm not even a citizen lol.

But I disagree with this one (as an over-enthusiastic law student blatantly):

No laws passed by the Parliament can be challenged by any British court --- I sensed the 'right' answer would be 'true' but I chose 'false' due to some recent cases which call that into question (and overturn that principle really). Though they gave me a cross on the test! They should avoid objectionable questions tbh.

Lol, I'm not over enthusiastic and said that they could challenge laws made by Parliament. I was raving when I got that wrong. Someone needs to teach these motherfuccers about Factortame
19/24 woohoo
17/24, I'm am immigrant.

Actually, I am (although 2nd generation).
18/24 lool
Reply 68
Apparently I got 17
However the question about the size of england/wales/NI is *******s.

For a start, england is considerably larger than scotland in terms of land area, and even more considerably than wales yet the test said wales was the correct answer!

Some of the questions I genuinely misread.

So I'm apparently an immigrant....although it's something like a 30th generation immigrant from the british isles. Everything after that is either english or irish as far as I know.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by Manitude
Apparently I got 17
However the question about the size of england/wales/NI is *******s.

For a start, england is considerably larger than scotland in terms of land area, and even more considerably than wales yet the test said wales was the correct answer!

Some of the questions I genuinely misread.

So I'm apparently an immigrant....although it's something like a 30th generation immigrant from the british isles. Everything after that is either english or irish as far as I know.

Including the one about the size of England/Wales etc.

It got me as well.
Well, apparently on the official quiz, I got 0 correct and 0 wrong lol
Reply 71
17/24 (70 %)
You have FAILED the Test! :O

At least I got 17 thanks to my knowledge on Law because I study that subject :tongue:
LOL at half of those answers :rofl: got 18 though :awesome:
Reply 73
Original post by rlw31
Including the one about the size of England/Wales etc.

It got me as well.

"After Scotland which country is the largest in the United Kingdom?"
Care to explain how that doesn't imply that scotland is the largest country in the UK?
What does an MP do?
- Meets other MPs to talk about the good old days
- Represents constituents, helps create new laws and scruti
- Helps people with personal problems and makes sure all the taxes are collected
- Stays at home and writes new laws

The correct answer is the second one, but who are we kidding?
We all know it's really the first one.
Reply 75
"After Scotland which country is the largest in the United Kingdom?"
Care to explain how that doesn't imply that scotland is the largest country in the UK?

Oh yeah, that bit's wrong. But your complaint was about Wales being the correct answer...
Reply 76
Original post by rlw31
Oh yeah, that bit's wrong. But your complaint was about Wales being the correct answer...

My complaint was about the question and answer.
If Wales was the correct answer then it would mean that wales was larger than England, which it definately isn't.

Now it could just be my imagination, but it looks to me like Wales could comfortably fit inside england with plenty of room to spare. That would usually mean that wales was smaller than england...
Reply 77
21/24 (87 %)
Reply 78
My complaint was about the question and answer.
If Wales was the correct answer then it would mean that wales was larger than England, which it definately isn't.

Now it could just be my imagination, but it looks to me like Wales could comfortably fit inside england with plenty of room to spare. That would usually mean that wales was smaller than england...

+1

That question was actually wrong

Ended up with 21/24 but annoyed about that question. Got the vet thing and the welsh comp testing wrong as well (honestly who gives a **** about the latter? lol). :lolwut:

Not keen on these questions, they're about how the government works not daily life in the UK.
Failed, ha :smile:
17/24
I'm not from the UK. You can trace my family back to about the 16/15th century on either side, in both countries.
So I can't make a valid contribution to the country because I thought that 5 million, not 2 million, Jews came to Britain during the World Wars...okay then!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending