The Student Room Group

EDL or UAF?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by B-Man.
Before I would have said neither. It is now evident that the pretense of peacefully protesting against 'Islamic Extremism' is swiftly being left behind & they are now simply targeting Islam. As can be seen in Tommy Robinson's Christmas message & EDL Leader: Guramit Singh's latest Peterborough speech. This actually scares me, before I thought they were a joke, but now that they are targetting all of Islam, I think I am going to have to get out their & march too. The UAF now actually represent a real struggle against Fascism.

We live in a democracy - just like Muslims can come here and protest for Sharia, people can protest against religion if they so wish. Except people like UAF think they decide who should be able to protest.
Reply 21
I dislike them both but if I really had to choose then EDL on the basis that I agree more should be done to aid their *main* and *official* cause, and they're not massive hippocrites.
Reply 22
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
The riot police.

No. Never the riot police.

Hope not Hate FTW!
Reply 23
EDL.
Reply 24
Original post by robbo3045
We live in a democracy - just like Muslims can come here and protest for Sharia, people can protest against religion if they so wish. Except people like UAF think they decide who should be able to protest.

Sorry preaching hatred against a racial/religious group is not apart of democracy, that is fascism.
Original post by hamijack
No. Never the riot police.

Hope not Hate FTW!

Hmm.

No.

I hope the police kick the crap out of both of them on as many occasions as possible.
Reply 26
The UAF are actually quite funny in how paradoxical they are. They are apparently against the free speech of groups like the EDL, which seems rather fascist in itself. I don't agree with nationalism or the EDL either.
Reply 27
I would, due to certain issues, be forced to side with the UAF. Not that they're particularly great people as it stands though but between a bucket of crap and a crate of crap I'll take the bucket.
Reply 28
Whoever is fighting the police.

DJkG.1 = always up for a riot. :awesome: (Cause is irrelevant).
Reply 29
Neither, I hate them both. I hate how UAF are seen as OK because they are supposedly "anti-fascism and anti-racism". Yeah, so anti-fascism that they will assault you if you don't agree :rolleyes:
Reply 30
Too many people are basing their opinions on the 'Old' EDL stance, Just watch EDL Leader Stephen 's (AKA Tommy Robinson) most recent speech in Petersborough.

I quote him as saying "Islam has never been a religion of peace & it never will be!."
So much for only opposing Islamic extremism & not the peaceful Muslims. Apparently they don't even exist.
Neither, prefer anarchists over both
Reply 32
They are all mongs.
Reply 33
Original post by B-Man.
Before I would have said neither. It is now evident that the pretense of peacefully protesting against 'Islamic Extremism' is swiftly being left behind & they are now simply targeting Islam. As can be seen in Tommy Robinson's Christmas message & EDL Leader: Guramit Singh's latest Peterborough speech. This actually scares me, before I thought they were a joke, but now that they are targetting all of Islam, I think I am going to have to get out their & march too. The UAF now actually represent a real struggle against Fascism.

are you serious?
Original post by B-Man.
Sorry preaching hatred against a racial/religious group is not apart of democracy, that is fascism.

Against a race, yes it is. Against a religion. No it's not. They are completely within their rights to protest against religion. Which from what I can see, is what they do.

Sure they have some ignorant toads within them, that take it a step further and jump on the band wagon... but that's just like the student fees riots.
Reply 35
Original post by FloydHead
Personally, I side with the UAF.

Oh, you mean the bigoted retards who want to exercise their freedom of speech to crush the freedoms of others? Don't be stupid. They are the real fascists.
I don't like either of them but I'd side with the UAF simply because the EDL are scum and I'd never see myself chanting racist rhymes, making nazi salutations and intimidating people.
Against a race, yes it is. Against a religion. No it's not. They are completely within their rights to protest against religion. Which from what I can see, is what they do.

Sure they have some ignorant toads within them, that take it a step further and jump on the band wagon... but that's just like the student fees riots.

Fascism =/= racism
Reply 38

You believe that targeting hatred at a religious group is legal?
Original post by Get Real
They are all mongs.

Is your sig from the protests? Which ones did you go to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending